• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea concern

I think he had a grey top on? With glasses?
The day is a blur if I'm honest!
They actually booked my 8 wk appointment while I was on hdu hun so I know when I'm going, I would get on it as soon as you can as I agree they aren't the most forthcoming.
It's good to know someone who had it done the same place and day!! Did you have the bypass too hun? Sorry you've probably said but my head

I've woken today feeling quite crap, feel sick and my left hand side swelling is still the same. Not painful just there.
Hope all is ok xxx

Yes it was definitely you. I am going to get onto them tomorrow about my follow up appointment and will let you know when it is.

I had a band removed and revision to a sleeve. I have a lot of swelling all over but I know it will take time to settle. I feel a little better today. Had to go and sort out the issue with my meds so all resolved now. Take things easy. You are so brave to have the op after last time. I wish you the very best - you deserve it.

TBx

Thanks frankie hun, at least I know not to panic for a bit if it doesn't go down immediately.

TB, that's amazing so glad all is done and you've got your meds sorted.

I must admit I've just read the thread from November surgeries and burst into tears. I really feel for the guys going through it and in particular it was sharona's post about how she felt on the ward with the other patients as I felt exactly the same. It's so hard we still regard ourselves so lowly and we shouldn't.
Think I'm going to have an emotional day today lol so please just ignore me hehe xxx

Welcome back missy!! I know we've sort of spike on FB but glad to see you back on here xxx

All good this end only complaint is getting very bored of strained soup and fortimel lol but not really a complaint!
How have you got on tb? Been thinking of you x

Hi mazza. Having a rough time. Was sick on Sunday after over doing things on Saturday. Had to go back to work yesterday and had an interview today to keep my job - which is not going to happen. I tried my best though. I had soup tonight and it went straight through me - so I am struggling with getting in enough fluid. I am surprised I am still standing but I am somehow:D. I really thought with having had a band for 4 years that I perhaps would not feel restriction like this but it has took me completely by surprise. I thought I was going to be a slow loser - I know with being on fluids there will be losses but I am a little worried as the inches are coming off. I had a jacket that I wore for the interview - I have had it ages - never worn it and when I put it on it was too big. Same with the blouse I wore. I am sure I am still very swollen after the op and this is early days so I will not start panicking just yet.

I hope you are taking things easy.

Best wishes

TBx

Just caught up hun. Sorry to hear you're going through it at the mo. Really rough on you. I know it's easier said than done but try to focus on the positives you've got in life. I have to do this sometimes and it does help. You will get through this if you need me just shout xx

Well day 15 post op.
Had the most severe constipation last couple of days. Never had it before that bad. Felt sick couldn't get my normal fluids in, lots of pain. 2 suppositories later....and phew lol

Taking lactulose daily now as don't want to get in such a state again.

Including pre op I've now lost 5 stone 2 lbs. I'm really chuffed with that.

Very sore tummy and bottom (sorry tmi) today but on the whole still doing great.
Having a bit of a panic on what to have for purée in a couple of weeks?? Other than mash and gravy I'm a bit stuck....

Hope all going well guys xxx

Keep waking at about 6am in pain with my back and aching pain down my legs. This is something I suffered with pre op for many years but not had it for a few weeks up until a few days ago ?
Hoping it stops soon as everything else going well ?

Hi mazza. Just checking in to see how you are doing. I meant to say I am back at WM on the 16 January. Talking of pains in the leg I was suffering really odd pins and needles in my left thigh for a week or so. It has gone now but it was really worrying me. I have not been wearing my surgical stockings since about a week out and I did start panicking about DVT. If the pain continues it may be worth getting it checked out.

Take care.

TBx

Hi TB,

Luckily pain eased off. How are you doing?
I had a really crap day yesterday, no energy, dizzy whenever I moved, felt really sick and just felt completely wretched. Woke up today and felt great!!! It's so bizarre I seem to be having a day I feel great then a really rubbish day hope it stops soon.
Had a fantastic day today. Met girls for our annual Christmas lunch, exchanged daft secret Santa gifts. Had a gorgeous root veg soup while they all ate their steaks and Turkey lol. Only part that was hard was seeing them eat desserts lol
Always had a sweet tooth! But all good!
Then on top of that went to merry hill !!
Before my op I couldn't walk very far so always avoided going and shopped mainly online but I managed to walk a fair bit today and it felt so good
Very happy girlie off to bed night night xxx

That's great Mazza. You are going to be one mega happy lady this time next year hun :)

Euggghhh fortimel making me feel so sick!! So in fear of actually being sick too !!
Trying a slim fast for my second one instead hoping it doesn't make me feel as ill!
Hope all well x

Just caught up on this thread. My goodness you have been through it, but I admire your courage to go through it again. So glad you are on the other side now. Hope everything is going well. As for pure race, I lived on readybreck, fish pies and cottage pies mainly, or other soft ready meals. But I'm sure others can give you better ideas. All the best, and hope 2015 brings you lots of great things. X

Just caught up on this thread. My goodness you have been through it, but I admire your courage to go through it again. So glad you are on the other side now. Hope everything is going well. As for pure race, I lived on readybreck, fish pies and cottage pies mainly, or other soft ready meals. But I'm sure others can give you better ideas. All the best, and hope 2015 brings you lots of great things. X

Aww thanks hun. Yum ready brek!! Sounds divine to me after 11 wks of milk and yoghurt then liquids lol xxx

I'm afraid I'm of no use as regards purée stage as I was on liquids for 3-4 weeks then straight into soft foods. Cauliflower cheese was my first taste of texture and it was yum yum ...not sure how good it would be mashed and puréed right down though

Hi mazza. How are you doing? Sorry not visited for so long - life has been a little difficult. I cannot believe it has been nearly 4 weeks since we had our ops. It will seem strange having something substantial after 4 weeks of liquids. I have been trying to think what I had when I did the next stage 4 years ago. The only thing I have planned is to have a pureed Christmas dinner, so I can join in with the rest of my family for the meal. It will probably be horrible but it will be a one off!

All the best

TBx

Hi hun, don't be daft I know you're going through the mill at the mo. Hope you're managing to look after yourself!
I'm good ty. Had a nasty experience with some carrot and coriander soup - ended up dumping and stomach has felt very sore since. Kind of puts me off the purée Christmas dinner lol

Take care chick xx

Back