• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea concern

Hi all,

Just to let you know I am currently sat in HDU following being brought back to life twice after my operation attempt.
My collapses lung has been fixed after severe pain, I am looking forward to going home.

I am not thinking about the lack of surgery at the moment, I am concentrating on being grateful for being alive and will hopefully process that in due course.

(Will post this in only in my diary as well as don't want to scare anyone xxx)

Hope everyone is going well and they are well on the losers bench xxxx

Hi all,

Just to let you know I am currently sat in HDU following being brought back to life twice after my operation attempt.
My collapses lung has been fixed after severe pain, I am looking forward to going home.

I am not thinking about the lack of surgery at the moment, I am concentrating on being grateful for being alive and will hopefully process that in due course.

(Will post this in only in my diary as well as don't want to scare anyone xxx)

Hope everyone is going well and they are well on the losers bench xxxx

OMG Mazza :eek: that's scarey ..... really dont know what to say except its good to hear from you and im so please your ok, my god your certainly have been thru it, sounds like a horror story, but your safe and well and thats all what counts. was getting bit concerned when we'd not heard form you. I hope someone comes along soon with better word than me (am such a bull in a china shop with my words sometimes)

The main thing is your here and your ok :D bless you sweetheart sending you all the love n hugs in the world OMH in shock a bit x x x x x :wave_cry:

Oh Mazza, it's just wonderful you are 'ok' ????!!!!!
You're 'here' that's by far the most important thing hun.
Keep us posted on how yr doing xxx

Awwww hun gentle ((((((hugs)))))) ....scary stuff but at least you are with us safe and sound albeit not on the bench yet :(.

O Mazza, how horrible for you!!!!! You r alive, beautiful and you. That is the most implant thing at the moment. Stay positive my sweet.

What on earth happened? Did the ga cause this , apnea probs or what? So many questions fir you, but will wait till your better n ready to post.
Just be well, stay well n look after yourself.
Positive healing thoughts...
Hope you go home very soon.
Ali xxxxx

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

So glad u r here. Thinking about u. Sending love for a speedy recoveryxxx

Hey mazza. Hope u r ikxx

That's good news. Please pass on my regardsx

Well....hope you are all well! After my first attempt at op in feb I kinda disappeared and had a lot of thinking to do. After much stressing and heartache I decided to go for the op again. This time having to do pre op for 7 wks. 12 days before my op I went for pre op appointment and found out the reason things went so wrong last time is because I was intubated incorrectly which caused my lung to collapse, needing cpr a couple of times and 2 chest drains!
This was weirdly a massive relief to me, as I was not defective so to speak.

Anyway I went in for my surgery on Wednesday and came out of the hospital on Friday having successfully had my bypass!!!
I am sooooo bloody pleased!!!
I have a lot of swelling on left hand side but the right has gone down (hoping it will follow suit!!)

I am healing and happy it's done!! ???

Hope you are all well xxxx

Ohhhhhh Mazza you are one very very brave lady and I can't describe how happy I am for you to have finally got yourself into the losers bench. It's been one very long battle for you first the apnea and then the scary outcome of the last attempt. No one could have criticised you if you had decided to leave things be after that. I for one will be cheering you all the way hun you deserve everything that this bypass offers. Rest up heal well and welcome to the new you :D xx

Awww thanks frankie, it's so lovely to hear from you!
I'm so glad it's all done now. I'm looking forward to the future for the first time in a long long time xxx

Hi Mazza. I have just read this all the way through. You are one tough lady. Can I ask did you have your op at WM? I was in there and had my op on 26 November also. Just wondered if we saw each other in the arrivals lounge?

TBx

Oh wow! Yes I had mine at Walsall too! I have glasses and dark hair, I may have even spoken to you! How are you finding it now? Did you go on to a ward? I had to go onto hdu for two days due to previous problems. Xxx

Oh wow! Yes I had mine at Walsall too! I have glasses and dark hair, I may have even spoken to you! How are you finding it now? Did you go on to a ward? I had to go onto hdu for two days due to previous problems. Xxx

Were you sitting with a gentleman - short hair - I think he was wearing a green top? I was sitting in the chairs across from you - you would have been looking directly at me. I was put on ward 10. I had a day extra in because of a dispute about my meds. I got home on Saturday. I am so happy for you. I hope you are coping well. I must admit I feel very ropey today and I am up early to ring my GP's and try and get my meds situation resolved. We may get our next appointments on the same day - but given WM's legendary admin - we may not! It would be good to meet you and say hello.

Best wishes

TBx

I think he had a grey top on? With glasses?
The day is a blur if I'm honest!
They actually booked my 8 wk appointment while I was on hdu hun so I know when I'm going, I would get on it as soon as you can as I agree they aren't the most forthcoming.
It's good to know someone who had it done the same place and day!! Did you have the bypass too hun? Sorry you've probably said but my head

I've woken today feeling quite crap, feel sick and my left hand side swelling is still the same. Not painful just there.
Hope all is ok xxx

It took about two months for the swelling to go in my left side .. I was told this was the port where most of the work was carried out from hence the swelling and extra bruising ...felt like somebody had kicked me in the ribs and broke them tbh :eek: but it did eventually ease x

Back