• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smoking :( pre gastric sleeve op

I've never smoked (except for the odd bit of steam when i'm angry ) but my surgeon told my hubby to stop smoking :)

at the end of the day you have to decide whats more important to you, your op or smoking xxx

Well I've got a patch on and haven't had one since 6. So in my eyes I'm a non smoker lol it's only been 3 Nd a half hours but it's a start :) xx

well done you and that is what will keep you going...keep telling yourself you are a none smoker, before you know it you will be counting 10 hour, then 24 hrs, a week and on and on, keep up the good work xxx

Woooohoooooo go girl you CAN do this xx

Keep going hun, find something to do like sewing or painting that uses your hands and takes your mind off everything else, i do patchwork.

flowerofshona said:
Keep going hun, find something to do like sewing or painting that uses your hands and takes your mind off everything else, i do patchwork.

I have quit smoking before for over a year then stupidly started again :( I do word searches if I'm thinking about cigarettes I just do a word search and it takes my mind off it. Every one laughs at me but it works :) xxx

Keep up the good work, count your time as 'how long you have been free' - that's a positive. Rather than 'how long since you gave up' - as that's a negative. We always crave what we feel we have 'given up'!! xx

OOnion said:
Keep up the good work, count your time as 'how long you have been free' - that's a positive. Rather than 'how long since you gave up' - as that's a negative. We always crave what we feel we have 'given up'!! xx

Good way of thinking!! Thanks I've been free for 1 day 2 hrs now :) xx

Good luck in giving up, how long ago was your appointment with the bariatric nurse? as long as your not actively smoking, even giving up a month b4 will be of benefit. I gave up 3 months b4 my op and im still not smoking. I used patches and i know how hard it is.
kim

stuckinafatsuit said:
Good luck in giving up, how long ago was your appointment with the bariatric nurse? as long as your not actively smoking, even giving up a month b4 will be of benefit. I gave up 3 months b4 my op and im still not smoking. I used patches and i know how hard it is.
kim

I've been very naughty my appointment with the nurse was ages ago :( I've since had an appointment with the surgeon and got my op date. I quit just Tuesday (2 days ago) and my op is 3rd of Feb. Hope they will still do it xxx

Back