• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smoking :( pre gastric sleeve op

OOnion said:
Keep up the good work Hope 87, it will be a week 'quit' before you know it, feel really proud of you...well done !!! xx

Thank you I'm really proud!! :) went out with my family tonight they all smoke and it didn't bother me one bit. This op is giving my the will power and kick up the bum I needed xxx

Fantastic, with all that co2 off your blood cells it will leave more room for the oxygen which will mean you will be far safer in surgery!! Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh x

OOnion said:
Fantastic, with all that co2 off your blood cells it will leave more room for the oxygen which will mean you will be far safer in surgery!! Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh x

Do u think they will operate even tho I'll have only been quit 4 weeks on my surgery date? Xx

If you're over 4 weeks as far as the NHS is concerned you are a 'quit' and count in the national statistics of non-smokers...so 4 months could have been better, but 4 weeks is excellent news for an anaesthetist! xx

Yay!! Well done hun :) I had my last cigarette on 27th August 2009. I went from 60+ a day to zero and I've never looked back! I have so much more money in my bank now rather than setting fire to £15-20 a day!

Put the money you'd normally spend on cigs to one side and when you've had your surgery and lost some weight use it to go on a massive shopping spree :) Think of all the new clothes you could buy!!

H xx

well done :) xxx

I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now :) :) started my pre op diet today so think this could cause me problems but I wont let it beat me!! Xxx

Ur doin great hun well dun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thats amazing! Your doing great :D

Thanks everyone!! :) I was in a right downer yesterday about it all just feel like my life is changing so much at the minute and I know it's for the best but it's just hard at the minute xxx

Thanks everyone!! :) I was in a right downer yesterday about it all just feel like my life is changing so much at the minute and I know it's for the best but it's just hard at the minute xxx
keep going honey, you can do it :) xxx

Back