• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Hi I needed to vent this sum where.
2day as been such a struggle I want to eat everything, I'm not hungry I just want to taste foods. I have been doing so well in fact I thought god this is easy then it's hit me like a ton of bricks 2day .... With a hubby and 3 kids all eating yummy foods the smell is killing me.
I'm on my puree stage which to be honest as been good.
The kids have McDonald's and my house smells of it everywhere.
I feel quite miserable today I used to be always out and about and used to eat out 3 times a week food was my social life.
I've left the house twice since my op 4.1.15 .. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself lol xx

Mrspplus3 - I am sorry you are feeling a bit down Hun. I had a day like this the other day, I wanted to eat stuff, any stuff as long as it was not purée. I was not hungry, it was just a head thing. I think it takes a while for our heads to catch up with what's going on. If you think it has taken all of our lives to learn the habits we have around food so it is going to take a while to form new habits for our new situation. I know exactly what you mean about food being a large part of your social life too. It is a bit difficult during the purée stage but in a couple of months , with some good food choices we can be there again, part of 'normal' life. Big hugs Hun... We are at the same stage and i am sure we can both get through this xx

It is two weeks tomorrow since I had my surgery! It has gone really quickly.

I am really pleased with the way I am recovering. I have to keep reminding myself not to do to much as I don't have any pain or discomfort so it is tempting to go back to normal life.

The puree food stage is becoming a little boring!
I started out following the food recommendations in the booklet given to me upon leaving the hospital to the letter regarding nutritional portion sizes and food groups. I was blending up combinations of clean foods to hit these guides exactly however it got to the point where I could not face the thought of another pot of yak. I am blending up what I fancy and just keeping the guide lines in mind now. I think this is better than my trying to avoid eating at all!

Water intake is much easier but I am a little worried that I can drink quite quickly now (I seem to not be able to be happy either way!) I am just scared I might be stretching out my new plumbing i guess.

I have started to notice that I seem to have spare material in many of my clothes! I am not used to this at all...

I no I can not believe how fast the time as gone.
The puree stage is boring I agree I tend to be eating the same things as a lot of the stuff just wasn't tasting the same.
I can't wait for scrambled egg and the bread is killing me I've always loved my bread.
I'm only getting about 1.5 liters in a day I try and drink more but get so bloated.
I tend to feel tired a lot I only managed to tidy 2 rooms this morning and needed a rest.

Weithloss from starting my lsd is 2 stone but I weighed myself 2day and haven't lost a single pound since Monday which as got me annoyed dnt jo if I'm expecting too much.
X

Sunshine100 sounds like your doing really well. Who was your Doctor? Been shopping to get stuff ready for hospital bag today and all the food for my LSD to start Monday!! 12 days till my op x

Hi my doctor was Mr jennings and he was fabulous I couldn't fault him at all.
Good luck with ur lsd and operation xx

Hi Sally1 - Good luck for starting your LSD on Monday! Which one are you going to be doing?
My surgeon was also Mr Jennings. He is great. Do you know who will be doing your surgery yet? x

Mrsppluss3 - Well done with the 2 stone weight loss. Thats amazing! The scales will do a jump from Mondays weight. Thats why they ask us not to weigh often as some days will be no loss and others will be a larger loss. Once a week is as often as I dare as not to dishearten myself if i see no loss. Monday is my weigh day and I'm quite excited to see whats happened this week!
You sound like you are feeling a little brighter than in your post a couple of days ago which is great :) x

Hi, mr Ballopuri is doing my op but had a lot of pre op with Mr Jennings, I'm going to do diet one which is mainly milk xx

Hi, mr Ballopuri is doing my op but had a lot of pre op with Mr Jennings, I'm going to do diet one which is mainly milk xx

Hes doing my op too sally1. I seen mr carr at my pre op. Im doin the mainly milk diet. Day 3 for me nd ive lost half a stone since thursday!! I had already cut out the bread nd stuff so thought this one will keep me on the right track. Coz if i started with bread again on diet 2 i would find it hard to cut out once id had op. Good luck its really not as bad as it seems. I do feel hunrgy sometimes but i do try spreading my portions out. I havent been making soup either x

Hes doing my op too sally1. I seen mr carr at my pre op. Im doin the mainly milk diet. Day 3 for me nd ive lost half a stone since thursday!! I had already cut out the bread nd stuff so thought this one will keep me on the right track. Coz if i started with bread again on diet 2 i would find it hard to cut out once id had op. Good luck its really not as bad as it seems. I do feel hunrgy sometimes but i do try spreading my portions out. I havent been making soup either x

I'm planning on making soup so at least I have one hot meal! When's your op? X

Sally1 - I have not met Mr Ballopuri but I have heard good things about him so I am sure you will be in good hands. Good luck with the LSD and let us know how you are getting on x

Vickip99- Your weight loss is great from the start of your LSD!

Sally1 - I have not met Mr Ballopuri but I have heard good things about him so I am sure you will be in good hands. Good luck with the LSD and let us know how you are getting on x Vickip99- Your weight loss is great from the start of your LSD!

Mr Balapuri did my surgery, I'd never met him before but he was lovely and very reassuring, you're definitely in good hands :)

Good luck to both u 2 on ur up coming operations .. I did the milk one and found it ok just towards the end was hard and I did cheat once or twice ooops.
U'll be surprised after the op how much u don't even want food never mind bread I'm 2 weeks post op 2day and I've never once felt hungry .. I do think about certain foods I'd like and have had 1 or 2 off days where I've just wanted anything but I jo I can't and to be honest I'd be too scared to try anything other than puree lol.
Keep us updated and all the best xx

Good luck to both u 2 on ur up coming operations .. I did the milk one and found it ok just towards the end was hard and I did cheat once or twice ooops.
U'll be surprised after the op how much u don't even want food never mind bread I'm 2 weeks post op 2day and I've never once felt hungry .. I do think about certain foods I'd like and have had 1 or 2 off days where I've just wanted anything but I jo I can't and to be honest I'd be too scared to try anything other than puree lol.
Keep us updated and all the best xx

Thanks mrspplus 3. Day 4 for me. Nd i feel like ive got a new lease of life lol. Been to gym today amd also had a suana. Not long now only 6 days left. Ill keep postin to keep u's updated x

Back