• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy finally got my date :)

I had a day and a half where I had the runs bad and I ended up eating a small chicken salad instead of milk to stop it. It worked. Not suggesting you do that because you are preop. Feeling tired is normal, but that passes. Maybe call your team if it continues, you might be lactose intolerant, ask their advice. Hope you feel better soon xx
Thank you I had started to think could be lactose but never had before. I’ll keep an eye on it and see how I am tomorrow xx

Do you heat the milk up and crumble the oxo in it? Xx
I used to crumble the oxo cube in a pint of milk, whisk it around then put it in the microwave for 5 mins xx

Thank you I had started to think could be lactose but never had before. I’ll keep an eye on it and see how I am tomorrow xx
I never had a problem with milk before either, mine was just a blip, it happened after a week on the milk, then I ate something and then it was fine for the next 3 weeks. Just wondering you haven't drunk orange squash have you? Because I think that's what set mine off, the mix of orange and milk in my stomach. I was fine with lemon squash though xx

Hi bling
I’ve read on other posts you used to add milk to the chicken oxo. How did you used to make it please? Xx
Mmmmm it’s delicious, I heat the milk to boiling (my own personal taste, you can heat it to your taste) then crumble the OXO into it (if the milk is really hot adding the OXO will make it expand so I suggest you use a big jug then pour into a mug) viola and enjoy xxxx

I hope you feel better soon, I had a few days where I kept running to the loo but not many and I didn’t feel poorly, as others have said keep monitoring it/call your team xxxxx

My dietian at L&D told me supermarket brand just as good for pre op when I started my milk diet, just goes to show, even at the same hospital it's not consistent. If you compare supermarket brand to say Sanatogen they are the same content, you are just paying for the name, a bit like when you buy branded pain killers, cheaper brands are the same content. xx
Would you believe it, it can be so frustrating, I have it written in black and white, I agree with what your saying about pain killers and only choose “good quality” bits and minerals because that’s what they recommended.... :grumble: xx

Would you believe it, it can be so frustrating, I have it written in black and white, I agree with what your saying about pain killers and only choose “good quality” bits and minerals because that’s what they recommended.... :grumble: xx
I know, its a minefield, it can be very confusing. Maybe they just all have their own way of doing things and it just depends who you get to see on the day. xx

I never had a problem with milk before either, mine was just a blip, it happened after a week on the milk, then I ate something and then it was fine for the next 3 weeks. Just wondering you haven't drunk orange squash have you? Because I think that's what set mine off, the mix of orange and milk in my stomach. I was fine with lemon squash though xx
No I've only had water. I seem to be a bit better today. Hopefully its passed :) xx

Mmmmm it’s delicious, I heat the milk to boiling (my own personal taste, you can heat it to your taste) then crumble the OXO into it (if the milk is really hot adding the OXO will make it expand so I suggest you use a big jug then pour into a mug) viola and enjoy xxxx
Thank you think I'll try this today :) its something different xx

Hiya loz im currently on my last week off my milk diet its not my pre opp as im still waiting on a date ive gained wait and am off on holiday in few weeks so im trying to shift it by doing the milk diet ive found it easy some days but very hard others yes it does get easier on ur rummberling tum but ive had days where ive felt hungry all day and night maybe its cause i dont have to do the milk ive struggled maybe cause ur opp is soon u have struggled we all have ur own head game going on...great news about ur date wish u all luck in world on ur new journey keep us posted

Hiya loz im currently on my last week off my milk diet its not my pre opp as im still waiting on a date ive gained wait and am off on holiday in few weeks so im trying to shift it by doing the milk diet ive found it easy some days but very hard others yes it does get easier on ur rummberling tum but ive had days where ive felt hungry all day and night maybe its cause i dont have to do the milk ive struggled maybe cause ur opp is soon u have struggled we all have ur own head game going on...great news about ur date wish u all luck in world on ur new journey keep us posted
How long have u been waiting on a date my area is 10/12 mnths

How long have u been waiting on a date my area is 10/12 mnths
Hi Jackie,
I started with Luton and Dunstable March 2017. I finished my 3rd tier 7th December 2017 and was told they aim for surgery within 18 weeks. I received a call March this year to advise there was a delay due to my original surgeon Mr Jain leaving near to the day I was due to have my bypass and I had to wait for a new surgeon. I then got an appointment to see Mr Jambulingam in May this year and given a date for the 24th September. I received a call beginning August asking if I wanted to bring my date forward to 30th August, of course I said yes :) I'd been waiting which seems a lifetime lol. So fingers crossed its all happening next Thursday I'm excited although nervous.
I was like you I yoyo with my weight and was concerned at one point they would refuse me. Mr Jambulingam told me if I put any weight on he would decline my surgery on the day. I'm sure you will be fine keep up the good work it is hard over the tier stages as I felt the closer I was getting the further away I felt especially when Mr Jain left.
I've found this forum helps me so much. I struggled silently because I was embarrassed until I got my date. They are all lovely people and have all gone through or going through the same.
Keep me updated with your progress
xxx:hugs:

Hi Jackie,
I started with Luton and Dunstable March 2017. I finished my 3rd tier 7th December 2017 and was told they aim for surgery within 18 weeks. I received a call March this year to advise there was a delay due to my original surgeon Mr Jain leaving near to the day I was due to have my bypass and I had to wait for a new surgeon. I then got an appointment to see Mr Jambulingam in May this year and given a date for the 24th September. I received a call beginning August asking if I wanted to bring my date forward to 30th August, of course I said yes :) I'd been waiting which seems a lifetime lol. So fingers crossed its all happening next Thursday I'm excited although nervous.
I was like you I yoyo with my weight and was concerned at one point they would refuse me. Mr Jambulingam told me if I put any weight on he would decline my surgery on the day. I'm sure you will be fine keep up the good work it is hard over the tier stages as I felt the closer I was getting the further away I felt especially when Mr Jain left.
I've found this forum helps me so much. I struggled silently because I was embarrassed until I got my date. They are all lovely people and have all gone through or going through the same.
Good luck for next week Loz xx

Hi Jackie,
Good Luck for next week. :) xxx

Not doing so good on the pre op milk diet. I haven't gone off the rails I can't stop going to the loo and I've got to the point I'm afraid to have the milk. The only thing I keep focussing on is its only 6 days till my bypass :) x

Not doing so good on the pre op milk diet. I haven't gone off the rails I can't stop going to the loo and I've got to the point I'm afraid to have the milk. The only thing I keep focussing on is its only 6 days till my bypass :) x
Phone the hospital they may well change you to a food diet, don't make yourself ill hun x

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon xx

Maybe its nerves im still post op so i have this to come are u normally loose when ur nervous least u wont be constipated but u will be dehyraded and u dont want to go to surgery dehydrated phone ur team they can change it to a 600/800 calories diet i think i read the lrd are all based on low cals once u drop below certain amount of calories your liver will shrink thats why theres loads of diffrent lrd make sure u drink plenty and change it to something better suited to you what ever diet they give me for lrd im doing milk i know i can do that ...good luck but ring urteam if ur struggerling u want to be in best health for surgery

Unfortunately I don’t think Luton will offer you the food option that some hospitals do, they didn’t with me or anyone else on here BUT call them and ask about trying lactose free milk, don’t make yourself ill at this point xxx

Back