• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

Hi Lisa its seems so much longer than a week lol....welcome back....Sorry your referral has been returned, I am sure it will get sorted at the right place soon....xx

GUTTED

Dr has advised me she spoke to someone at PCT and even though its NICE guidelins, she's been told my BMI has to be over 50 to be considered.

Heartbroke, don't know what to do next!

Dr has written a letter but advised me not to get hopes up

Sorry mintball I was replying to you when the phone went so cut it short.....I really feel for you hun they must be offering you some other help...xx

:hug99: keep fighting, they can't state one guideline and then declare it's another!

Thanks ladies,

My BMI is now around the 40 mark, but as i don't have any major health issues, they're not interested.
I've been referred to the weight management clinic at penwortham but I really can't be arsed now, hows that gonna help where everything else has failed? I might lose weight there but thats not the problem, the problem is keeping it off.

I'm gonna insist they test me for sleep apnoae cos i have really bad sleep anyway so if there's a possibility i may have a form of it, i may as well be tested.

I've also found out the address of who my Dr had written to and I'm gonna forward them a very long and detailed letter so that if everything goes belly up (excuse the pun)...I've tried.

There is no way I can afford to go private but if anyone here has any tips of where to start looking at these options or best ways to pay if it came to that......please help. I've looked at the options in Belgium etc but it scares me the aftercare is not included.

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa, I attended that clinic in Penwortham, they are lovely they do a group session over a 6 week period ie one day or night a week where they took about your relationship with food. You also get one to ones with them. I have to say I did not lose weight with it but it made me think differently about food and may just help be the switch for you. I would def find out about the sleep apnea as I think thats what got me through, although to be honest the woman at the PCT told me so many conflicting things I would not believe her, I even went to the doctors to get a copy of the letter saying I had funding as she had messed me about so much.

Silvershoes went to Belguim, although she lives in germany, she has had no problems whatsoever and if I had been going to fund myself I would of gone there. Dont give up hun, I am still battling on now and it never gets any easier. ((hug))...if you want my tel number or to meet somewhere let me know as we are not too far away...xx

Shell, feel dead guilty cos you took time to find that info but its the and i'm after rather than the bypass but i've got a few prices now anyway thanks (none i can afford)

Linda, it'd be good to get in touch cos i don't hink i can make trafford centre at the moment, maybe next time.

Lisa x x x

lol no probs, hope you do make it to the trafford centre though :)

spoke to a woman today from BOSPA who basically said i'll have a major fight on my hands cos i'm not ILL from the obesity (yet) and even if they eventually agreed, it could be years down the line. Seriously considering a re-mortgage.

Hubby is behind me but scard, what if its just another thing in a long line of things that are gonna sort my weight out for good and i fail. I've cost my family thousands, should i just be getting a grip and doing it myself? (even as i type this i know i would have done it by now if i could)

Its not losing weight thats the hardest i've done it so many times, its the fact that it comes straight back on (and then some)

I can't take another failure - but one way is free the other is anything but!!

Excuse my rant, i've been crying all day this is the first time i'm strung a sentence together

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa

You sound just like me, and I'm sure many others, who have tried with varying success to diet but back on it goes. This time I've lost 100lbs (still more to go) but I've also decided that I need to explore wls as I am growing more and more convinced its the only way to keep it off. So I've set a date (Oct 09) and then its pay for surgery time if I can't see weight coming off and staying off to a healthy limit.

M

Hi Lisa, from what I have read on here there is nothing to say the surgery has failed, I would say if you have the chance to get it done then do it but its a personal choice I know. I feel for you hun I really do I dont know what I would of done if they had said no to me as I would not of been able to self fund, I know I am very very lucky to have got this far, yes I fought but I still feel very lucky it could so easily of gone the other way. One of the reasons I am glad its happening quick is I keep thinking they will realise I dont deserve it and change their minds....and thats the truth. I am here if you need anything and I mean anything I could not of got through this without the support of the lovely folk on here and I want to return the support to anyone that needs it. I have truly been granted a miracle and I will thank god that he smiled on me and hope one day you can smile because you will have got what you want. Dont give up hun, if there is still a fight left then use it...xx (((((((((hugs)))))))

linda, I'm not sure how to use this site very well and not sure how to view other threads tec so i'll probably ask daft questions but do you have an actual date set now?

I have been referred to the clinic in penwortham, how long after that did you get your decision as to whether PCT would pay or not?

M,

I think you're on the right lines, i need to have a decision date set in my mind so i can get on whith day to day life in the meantime otherwise the surgery debate you have in your mind takes over everything

Lisa x x x

oh fab, sorry not too good at this, I'll get used to it. Best wishes to you Linda, we're thinking of you x x x
Lisa x x x

Can anyone answer a really random question, that i pretty much know doesn't have a stright answer!

I'm trying to get my head round things and protect myself in the meantime cos this is all so harsh on the emotions. I want to come up with a date to say to myself - this could go on forever, its time to look at other options i.e. finding a way to fund privately (although if there was one i would have thought of it by now)

I need a realistic cut off date but i've no idea how long the process of applying for funding is

can anyone shed any light if this post has made any sense at all to someone

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa,

I understand your post, it's perfectly clear :) Judging my other people from Preston I'd say 6 months was a reasonable time to progress through, so maybe 8 months as a cut off? It depends on you though and how long you are willing to wait, I can only tell you what I would do :)

Can anyone answer a really random question, that i pretty much know doesn't have a stright answer!

I'm trying to get my head round things and protect myself in the meantime cos this is all so harsh on the emotions. I want to come up with a date to say to myself - this could go on forever, its time to look at other options i.e. finding a way to fund privately (although if there was one i would have thought of it by now)

I need a realistic cut off date but i've no idea how long the process of applying for funding is

can anyone shed any light if this post has made any sense at all to someone

Lisa x x x

Lisa,

Is there a cut off point to you life and happiness? Keep fighting, no matter how long it takes, you want this and you're not giving up. I'll help you if you like, we'll write and email everyone we can think of until you get what you deserve!xx

Ginaxxx

Back