• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Maria61

Wow you look beautiful, absolutely fantastic, you should be very proud of yourself lovely, a size 14, amazing is that “the” dress ? Xxxx :hugs:
Thanks Bling. No that is not the dress, the one I still can’t get in is a size 18 from Monsoon but a very tight fitting one with a side zip. The sizing varies so much, I will get into it eventually. It is really annoying me now lol xx

Last edited:

Maria61

Went to give blood last night. But they would not take it because I am taking iron tablets. They are going to write to my surgeon to ask why I am taking it. I explained that all bypass patients take iron and other supplements due to malabsorption after surgery. They will let me know when they make a decision. I was really disappointed but hope they will allow me to continue donating.

Irene44

Oh I know how that feels Maria. Its
Went to give blood last night. But they would not take it because I am taking iron tablets. They are going to write to my surgeon to ask why I am taking it. I explained that all bypass patients take iron and other supplements due to malabsorption after surgery. They will let me know when they make a decision. I was really disappointed but hope they will allow me to continue donating.

I know how that feels hun. I used to a very regular blood donor. During and After the birth of my first child they pushed 11 pints through me and ultimately saved mylife (1980) So for years I donated just to say Thank you and give back Then out of the blue I got letter saying because I had been given blood in the 80s they no longer wanted my blood

I can’t get my head round that they screened my blood for all those years. I definitely didn’t have any blood related diseases. Just complete shutdown on any one who had blood in the 80s

I was devastated. Makes you feel useless and tainted. I understand that they have to be super safe with the bloods course I do but it does put you off I’m sure they will let you continue Maria unlike myself unfortunately they won’t take me back

They do I know won’t let people donate for up to a year if they have had a tattoo or certain procedures even some surgeries I have my fingers crossed for you It’s such a wonderful thing to do it is giving life to someone else. Certainly in my case xx

Maria61

Oh I know how that feels Maria. Its

I know how that feels hun. I used to a very regular blood donor. During and After the birth of my first child they pushed 11 pints through me and ultimately saved mylife (1980) So for years I donated just to say Thank you and give back Then out of the blue I got letter saying because I had been given blood in the 80s they no longer wanted my blood

I can’t get my head round that they screened my blood for all those years. I definitely didn’t have any blood related diseases. Just complete shutdown on any one who had blood in the 80s

I was devastated. Makes you feel useless and tainted. I understand that they have to be super safe with the bloods course I do but it does put you off I’m sure they will let you continue Maria unlike myself unfortunately they won’t take me back

They do I know won’t let people donate for up to a year if they have had a tattoo or certain procedures even some surgeries I have my fingers crossed for you It’s such a wonderful thing to do it is giving life to someone else. Certainly in my case xx
Thanks Irene, I really hope they let me back in xx

Irene44

Maria61

Bit disappointed this week as only lost three quarters of a pound but still in the right direction. Had my vitamin B12 injection and asked nurse about blood doning. Seems it is now a no no due to taking iron for life. I am very sorry about this but I tried. On a happier note I fitted in some size 14 clothes and bought my first ever jump suit to wear on holiday yayyy xx

Irene44

Your awesome Maria xx

Bling Babe

Bit disappointed this week as only lost three quarters of a pound but still in the right direction. Had my vitamin B12 injection and asked nurse about blood doning. Seems it is now a no no due to taking iron for life. I am very sorry about this but I tried. On a happier note I fitted in some size 14 clothes and bought my first ever jump suit to wear on holiday yayyy xx
Don’t be disheartened a loss is a loss and you know what you’d tell us :hugs:fantastic news on n the jumpsuit and the 14 yay :thankyouthankyou::bestwishes:xxxxxxxxx

Irene44

U turn on blood doning. Got letter from transfusion service saying I can donate after all yayyyyy xx

Yeah fabulous xxxx.

slimkim

That's great news. The blood doner service is always looking for new donors and its a shame for them to turn away willing donors.

Congrats on the jumpsuit!x

slimkim

You look amazing!x

Irene44

Check you out you look stunning xx