• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Post op day 3 - woke up at 4am with a sore back, really don't like this sleeping on my back malarkey! Other than that I'm feeling ok. Bit bloated, so had a cup of peppermint tea. See how that goes. Feeling more energetic today, so might venture out for a short walk later. Even if it is just to the end of the road and back lol.

Lots more rumbling in my tummy going on today, but not real hunger yet. Will however have a shake soon to get my energy up.

Mrs B - I hate sleeping on my back too. What's helped me hugely has been one of those big V shaped bolster pillows. I tuck myself in the middle with arms rested on either side and can usually make it through most of the night without back pain.

The rumblings and gurglings get more pronounced! I'm on Day 6 and every time something warm goes down my throat there's all sorts of odd gurglings. My Mum said I sound like an old central heating system cranking up! lol

LOL sundown, I feel like an old heating system already, geez, just having my first shake of the day, my tummy is making all sorts of funky noises.

Just sent hubby to Argos to get me a pillow....bless him, he is such a godsend at the moment. He feels so guilty for eating in front of me, but I have absolutely no food jealousy at the moment, which is a first.

Still hoping for BM today....I dont want to get laxatives.....the thought alone gives me the shivers. So I am hoping the rumbles is a good sign ;)

Morning ladies,

Sorry to jump on your thread.

Re:BM..... I was advised to get liquid Senna and it worked brilliantly for me. I'm sure there's loads of good ones but I can only go on what I tried.

There was no tummy cramps or anything. Just took it before I went to bed and in the morning I needed to go!

Hope things are good for you x

Well, I have put on a bra...the first one I put on this morning I had to take off after 10 minutes, but this one seems to be ok so far. My biggest wound is right at my bra line, so not really ideal lol. Well let's see how long it will stay on lol

Woke up at 3am with back pain again. Couldn't stand it anymore so I got up. Now I'm totally shattered lol. Afternoon nap in the making!

Think I will venture outside today. Need to go to pharmacy to get me some senekot as no bm yet. Trapped wind isn't too bad, but I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable.

Well, I ventured out to Tesco with the hubster.....just a short trip, but I am absolutely exhausted now (ok, getting up at 3am didnt help lol). So a bit of couching for me for the next few hours.

I haven't been able to wear a bra yet either; same issue as you, bra band is right on an incision point. Luckily I had a few camisole top things from M&S so have been wearing one of those under my clothes instead.

Do take it easy; I'm learning myself that what seems in your mind to be a trivial bit of exercise can completely wipe you out. I did a mile walk yesterday and come dinner time felt weak and woozy.

Hi Mrs b, trapped wind is nasty isn't it. I don't seem to be able to get anything down without trapped wind, been walking around though today and taking gripe water hoping that will help! I'm pretty pain free apart from the trapped wind. :) hope it gets better for us X

My wind is not too bad actually. Peppermint tea is definitely helping. Just had half a skyr for my lunch. Feel pretty full. It's just sooo bizarre. Even going to tesco earlier, walking past all the naughty stuff I would usually pick up without batting an eye...nothing, not even tempted.

Got myself some Senna, so hopefully tomorrow that problem will be gone as well.

Morning peeps! Happy to report I managed to stay in bed a bit longer today. I managed to sleep on my right side for a little while, boy did that make a difference! My back is still sore, but being able to move to my side made it much more comfortable. I have been waking up in the middle of the night with major pain in my heel. It feels like someone put a nail into it, its very strange.

Still no BM this morning, however I tood the dual use senokot last night, so broke wind often during the night (sorry TMI lol). Feeling much better today, everyday a little more. Will try to go for a walk later, I really want rid of these socks as soon as I can.

Glad you got more sleep .., I can't sleep on my back either it's a pain!!

The next problem sleeping comes when the weight starts to come off and your knees and ankles start becoming more boney and start rubbing together when you are on your side. It's all fun after WLS.

Another day done. Just the ok my senokot and am now tucked up in bed. I had more appetite today, managed a whole shake for brekkie and a 150g tub of skyr for lunch. Dinner I only managed half the soup again, but I think that was more because I'm so sick of soup lol.

Went for a walk with the dogs this morning, ended up being outside for over an hour. It was lively, felt much stronger than yesterday.

Got an appt in surgery tomorrow to have my wounds checked. Will also ask what to do if no bm tomorrow. It's been too long :( .

Hoping for a good nights sleep. Didn't take any codeine tonight, so let's see how I get on.

Totally hear you on the soup MrsB! I think the issue with the liquid stage is the volume of the soup/shakes + the H2O to hydrate = one hell of a lot of volume sloshing around.

So looking forward to puree stage!

Back