• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best and worst bits of having a bypass

In addition to my other 'best bits':
*get into the car and lean ford without my belly honking the horn!
*sit on a seat and not be afraid it may collapse
*walk into a room; do a quick visual sweep and realise I'm NOT the fattest person in the room!
*wear long boots with jeans/leggings tucked in AND STILL have a blood supply to my feet!
*have a lap to balance my laptop on!
*not feel afraid to step on the scales as they are on a constant downward trend these days!
*buy clothes in 'normal' sizes! WHOOP WHOOP!
*look forward to buying a Christmas party dress.
*be able to buy clothes in the petite ranges, so sleeves don't hang a foot beyond my hands and make me look a little like an orangutang! (why do shops think short women never go beyond a size 18/20...and some beyond a 14/16?!:mad:)

In addition to my other 'best bits':
*get into the car and lean ford without my belly honking the horn!
*sit on a seat and not be afraid it may collapse
*walk into a room; do a quick visual sweep and realise I'm NOT the fattest person in the room!
*wear long boots with jeans/leggings tucked in AND STILL have a blood supply to my feet!
*have a lap to balance my laptop on!
*not feel afraid to step on the scales as they are on a constant downward trend these days!
*buy clothes in 'normal' sizes! WHOOP WHOOP!
*look forward to buying a Christmas party dress.
*be able to buy clothes in the petite ranges, so sleeves don't hang a foot beyond my hands and make me look a little like an orangutang! (why do shops think short women never go beyond a size 18/20...and some beyond a 14/16?!:mad:)

We all have the same wants needs and wishes its excellent xx

Best bits

So much fitter, can muck out 6 ponies easily now, used to take me all day before and then I had to have a sleep in the afternoon.
I have some fab clothes and can wear boots now.
I can shave my own fanny (brazilian ready for the hols) and under my arms.:eek::eek:
Can cut my own toes nail and look after my feet so the dont resemble big rough rocks.
Fit behind the steering wheel of the lorry without it digging in.
Can climb in he lorry without the fear of the steering wheel coming off in my hand.
I can sleep on the top of the luton in the lorry now - couldnt get up there previously.
I wake up early and go to bed later and sleep all night now.
The severe pain in my right hip has now disappeared and I dont get hardly any aches anymore.
I dont feel the need to drink so much alchole to deaden my feelings.
Can get on top without suffocating hubbie:eek::eek:
Saved lots of money not going out and fish and chips as I only have some of everyone elses.
Can shop in normal size shops and get bargins.
When I went to the theatre I could ask to go to the loo without nearly sitting everyones laps to pass them.
When I go on hols I know I will be able to get the tray down.:D:D:D
Fab comments from all my friends.:):):)

Worst bits

If I overeat feel very lethargic - but I did this when I was fat and overate.:eek::eek:
I have a lot of diaorria (sp):sigh::sigh:
It was a bit of a shock to realise that I could still get hungry and may have to watch what I eat:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best bits

So much fitter, can muck out 6 ponies easily now, used to take me all day before and then I had to have a sleep in the afternoon.
I have some fab clothes and can wear boots now.
I can shave my own fanny (brazilian ready for the hols) and under my arms.:eek::eek:
Can cut my own toes nail and look after my feet so the dont resemble big rough rocks.
Fit behind the steering wheel of the lorry without it digging in.
Can climb in he lorry without the fear of the steering wheel coming off in my hand.
I can sleep on the top of the luton in the lorry now - couldnt get up there previously.
I wake up early and go to bed later and sleep all night now.
The severe pain in my right hip has now disappeared and I dont get hardly any aches anymore.
I dont feel the need to drink so much alchole to deaden my feelings.
Can get on top without suffocating hubbie:eek::eek:
Saved lots of money not going out and fish and chips as I only have some of everyone elses.
Can shop in normal size shops and get bargins.
When I went to the theatre I could ask to go to the loo without nearly sitting everyones laps to pass them.
When I go on hols I know I will be able to get the tray down.:D:D:D
Fab comments from all my friends.:):):)

Worst bits

If I overeat feel very lethargic - but I did this when I was fat and overate.:eek::eek:
I have a lot of diaorria (sp):sigh::sigh:
It was a bit of a shock to realise that I could still get hungry and may have to watch what I eat:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh I forgot I blow off worse than a horse now, but at least I have them to blame it on:p:p

Mary... I've never heard of a 'Brazilian'... can't remember how I could have missed that... is it connected to a special coffee???

Love and hugs xxx

Worst bits = NONE

Best bits = the list is far to long but the main thing is being able to look in the mirror without crying, i now leave the house feeling great about myself inside and out xxx

Mary... I've never heard of a 'Brazilian'... can't remember how I could have missed that... is it connected to a special coffee???

Love and hugs xxx

Trust me Bev its nothing to do with coffee hun, think more of a trim in the growler regions :D XX

Bad points

People not recognising me.
Thinking, at times, that I'm superman and that all the young ladies in their 20's fancy me then realising I'm 40 next and living in dream land!
Wearing my fiancé out after 5 years of 'not so energetic' horizontal press-ups.

Positives

With Karlos on this one! My ding-a-ling is so impressive now!
My fiancé appreciates my ding-a-ling a lot more
Feeling confident
Having lots of people want to talk to me about it all
My family life is better and do more with the kids (Swimming/Rides/Football/Etc)
Shopping for clothes where ever I want
Being able to go to the chippy and buy things for other people and not getting any for myself
Having a peeing how high up a tree competition with my step-son
Being asked to go back to the hospital and talk to new groups of pre-oppers
Being able to go anywhere and not worry if the seats are going to be big enough or strong enough (Although at times I still do check them for sturdiness)

I really could go on!

The worst bits: (had to think really hard about this as there aren't any really bad bits)
- the sense of panic as my weight loss is starting to slow down.
- dumping on strange things sometimes. (Just have to read labels really carefully)
- saggy skin and empty, droopy boobs and bum.
- pain in bed and when sitting for a long time as the bony bits hurt easily!

The best bits:
- being a size where I can pass for normal
- more energy
- fewer illnesses
- normal BP
- buying bargain clothes from all sorts of shops
- knee length boots
- not worrying about chairs anywhere I go
- realising that sometimes I do look attractive, not just 'making the best of myself'.
-

Haha... thanks Jacqui.. (Dotty) I learn something everyday on here! xxx

lol can you imagine walking into a hairdressers and asking for one of them instead of a wax, wonder if theyd do it?

Have a go and let us know please Dawn.. haha xxx

ha ha ha nooooo chance, i like to keep my bits nice n warm, lol

lol, i reckon kelly would go for it, well she might, we could ask her, dare her, lol

To Jaqui and all of you lovely ladies I to am waiting for an op date hopefully not too far away now as well as dealing with other non related complications. I will admit to being scared despite the freedom this valuable tool will give me to return to the slim thing I was as a teenager. Thank you all for your honesty and openess it is great to see what you have all dealt with and that you have succeeded despite it all. Despite being scared I can't wait for the op and the start of a new life, of a reduction in pain and feeling negative about myself. My long term plan is to retire to Spain with my husband and be well enough to enjoy it. If you want a quiet holiday in the real Spain Jacqui perhaps you would like to explore the Sierra La Mancha mountiains where my friend lives and has two small casas she rents out it is and area full of mountains and valleys rivers and waterfalls where the Spanish go for their holidays. It is south of Albacete and north west of Alicante about 2 - 2.5 hrs away from Alicante airport, quiet and beautiful we have been in February, July and August as well as October and yes it is cooler in the spring and autumn ans very hot in the summer perhaps 40+ degrees it is a lovely dry heat and doesn't feel as hot as the thermometer tells you it is. I can let anyone have her email address if you want more details.
Fingers crossed my date comes through soon and I can have my op and with luck be back on solids ready for our holiday this summer and yes I can fit in the seat belt on the plane without the hostess having to peer around to believe that I have done the belt up, or not had to wiggle twist and fight to do it up so I don't have to ask for an extension belt.
Thank you all once again ladies I appreciate your threads it helps answer any questions I have without pestering the life out of the nurse at the hospital. I wish you well on your continued journey as I wait to start mine. Next week I must go back to the pool and restart the exercise lenghts I had been doing before I reverted to type and found excuses and reasons not to go rather than kicking my own backside into touch and got back to it. Heres hoping ladies thank you and good luck to you all.

WOW.. thanks to everybody what a great thread, as a new member this has given me so much push in a positive direction, well done everybody.

dave

It is a great thread isn't it?

Am only a mere 8 days post op but so far for me:

The best bits: Not feeling hungry, not feeling controlled by food, Knowing that I have a chance to make my life a lot better.

The worst bits: comments from pessimists who love to tell me how they knew someone who died/regained all the weight/didn't lose any weight yadayadayada after having their gastric bypass.
The gas!

Back