• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best and worst bits of having a bypass

How long before i can expect to return to work? I have been told between 2 weeks and 12!! I have joined here today, so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place.
I am hoping to book my surgery date next week.

How long before i can expect to return to work? I have been told between 2 weeks and 12!! I have joined here today, so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place.
I am hoping to book my surgery date next week.

hey ssss welcome to the site :)
good luck with your surgery :) everyone is different im afraid, there are people who that feel well enough after a couple of weeks and others dont feel well enough for about 8 or 9 weeks, it also depends on what type of job you have ie how physical etc, Hope this helps xxx

Hi, i had rny bypass and went back to work after two weeks. I have a desk job abduction understanding colleagues! They didn't even let me join in the brew run for a while! ;-)

what a fabulous post. I have so much to look forward to had my endoscopy 2nd September so just the looooonnnngggg wait for the op date, however with all of this positive feedback its good to know that it will all be worth the wait thanks eveeryone xx

Hi Bev I am 5 weeks and 3 days post op, before my op i wasn on medication and insulin for diabetes, unfortunatly i am still on medication and insulin BUT they have been massivley reduced and 1 diabetic tablet discontinued, so there is hope for the diabetics take care all xxxxx

Only 4 weeks post op, already down from a size 24 to 18, halved my BP medication AND I can cross my legs, oh and reach my feet to cut my nails !!!Yippee!!!!:D:D:D

I'm easily pleased:eek::D

SARAH S said:
Only 4 weeks post op, already down from a size 24 to 18, halved my BP medication AND I can cross my legs, oh and reach my feet to cut my nails !!!Yippee!!!!:D:D:D

Omg Sarah that's amazing !!!! Well done you :) xxx

from me phone :D

SARAH S said:

Omg Sarah that's amazing!!!! Well done you :) xxx

Thank you Caren, I also had someone come up to me noticing I'd lost weight, so I've started practising

Thankyou! Thank-you

Yes THANK YOU! thank you!

Oh thank you!! THANK YOU!!!

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

SARAH S said:
Thank you Caren, I also had someone come up to me noticing I'd lost weight, so I've started practising

Thankyou! Thank-you

Yes THANK YOU! thank you!

Oh thank you!! THANK YOU!!!

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Hahaha bless ya, you'll get it all the time soon xxx

As someone who came to this forum to read about people's experiences, I honestly can't thank you all enough for sharing. It's a very scary thing to consider but hearing how happy you all are makes it much easier to face! So thank you! :)

Haha apparently mine has too...I was noisy before tho!!! (video evidence thanks to my OH when my snoring was at its peak) !! x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Haha apparently mine has too...I was noisy before tho!!! (video evidence thanks to my OH when my snoring was at its peak) !! x

Lol. Mine recorde me on his mobile phone, but why do they do it. We will get our own back soon enough and record them. :D

Lol...I'm as bad....I prob started it!!! :)

I'm twelve weeks out today, so think it's time to share a few of my worst and best bits so far.
Worst bits: Being sick and feeling pain now that I've moved to a 'normal' diet. This doesn't happen to everyone, I just seem to be unfortunate that I'm struggling with a lot of high protein foods such as all fish, most meats and some quorn varieties.
Finding that my fat is not disappearing evenly so I have one side of my body much bigger than the other. This means no mini skirts for me , but then at 50 I wasn't planning on wearing them anyway!
Wrinkly face and turkey gizzard-this is a bit of a shock but its better than my big moon face. It's helping me accept that I am fifty and it's okay to look fifty !
Best bits: Can cross my legs
Can wear clothes I like already
Feel more confident
No diabetic meds
No Blood pressure meds
Can walk for miles
Enjoy exercising
No worrying about how far the parking spot is from where I want to go as I can walk
Can fit in theatre seats in comfort
Can see what the scales say without having to squash my tum with my hands
My kids being proud of me
All this and I'm not even half way in terms of how much weight I want to lose yet. Even though I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight as I couldn't my tea I spend most of my time feeling very happy, grateful for the help I've been given and delighted to be feeling like the 'real me' again
xx

Great post! Xxx

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I agree it is a fantastic post and so useful for us who are awaiting surgery.
My best bits so far:
Full support off my hubby who is so loving and non judgemental about my weight.
Getting the call that i had secured my funding (cryed all day)
Telling everyone at work and no nasty comments (to my face lol)
Passing my sleep apnea test (unbeliveable)
getting my call from Gill that I have got my date for 2 week times. (cryed all day again)
All the little moments when it pops into my held that i am having the surgery and still cannot believe how lucky and excited that i am.
But most of all that i will be able to do the things that so far have not been possible, to play with my grandchildren, to go for walks, to walk upstairs, to stop having to apologise for not being able to do normal everyday things.
To actually feel nice when i go out, and to love myself again. xxx Yeah bring it on because i am READY xxxxx

Back