• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Joy of going through the process

Bless you, bet your peeing for England!! your doing incredibly well though and it sounds like you have plenty to try and keep you distracted, hope your little one recovers quickly x
Sorry to mention it but that pasta bake sounds yummy, would love the recipe when you can bring yourself to writing it, sorry SJ, :hugs:Xx

You are doing so so well on the milk diet hunny :) well done xxx

I wish I had the courage to go to the gym, I'd never manage to get up to be there for 6am though I struggle to get up at6.40 for work lol, it's great that your planning ahead and gymphobics sounds perfect for you. How are you getting on with the milk diet ? X

Hi the gym was a wash out. I spoke to them before hand and booked a visit at 9.30 am today. I turned up at 9.25, one lady said 'we will be with you shortly' and I walked out at 10.10 having not seen anyone. I thought if they were that lax with a potential new member how could I be sure that they would make sure what I was doing was safe. So its back to the drawing board - or internet search for another option.

SJ xx

Well after 5 weeks of cow juice I have hit the target set by the surgeon, now I only have to hope that on Tuesday when I go for my pre-op dietitian appt that their scales read the same as mine. I am sure that they won't cancel me if I am 1 lb over but to be honest, until I am lying on the operating table being told to count backwards I won't believe it.
So surgery is 1 week tomorrow and I am keeping busy. Tomorrow we are off to London to see Carousel. Wednesday I am in Luton for pre-op appts. Thursday we are off to the beach for some bracing sea air and Friday is hairdresser day. Going out on Saturday and seeing friends on Sunday so its just the Monday I have to do washing, pack an overnight bag and contemplate the op. As I have to be at hosp by 7 am on Tuesday 25th it will be a very early start and then before I know it, it will all be over. Then I can sit on the losers bench.

You are doing so so well on the milk diet hunny :) well done xxx

Lottie
Have you heard about your next appointment date yet? How are you doing with food at the moment. are you actively watching what you eat, have they given you a diet or are you just being careful?
I can honestly say that we all seem to have different timescales from appt to the next. There appears to me no rhyme or reason.

SJ xx

Lottie
Have you heard about your next appointment date yet? How are you doing with food at the moment. are you actively watching what you eat, have they given you a diet or are you just being careful?
I can honestly say that we all seem to have different timescales from appt to the next. There appears to me no rhyme or reason.

SJ xx
Hi hun I have been in 2 psychatric hospitals the last 6 weeks and am now I'm a mental health unit. Hubby and I hsve split up :( due to being in hospital I have just been eating whatever they gave me ( I was so poorly for the first 3 weeks they just choose for me) . From 3 weeks ago I made my own choices and choose often the veggie option or a jacket pot. In the mental health unit breakfast ( ceral) and lunch ( sandwiches ) are provided...but you choose your tea so now eating more protein things, chicken chargrills tonight with salad so not many carbs in that. Haven't heard anything from Luton. I was thinking when I have lost a stone to ring them. But I don't know. Had my appointment end of Jan and only lost
A few lbs-feel pathetic. Xxx

Please don't feel pathetic Lottie, you have an awful lot going on at the moment and to be honest in my opinion your mental health is the most important thing to focus on because you need to be as mentally stable as possible to complete this journey, I'm not for one minute suggesting you shouldn't be on this journey I just mean don't rush things weight loss wise, just take it nice and steady and please don't ever feel that you are pathetic because you are definitely not, you are an amazingly lady and you WILL get through this difficult time. Big hugs to you XxX

Thank you hunny. It's so hard. I am torn between wanting hubby back and not hating him but wondering if our whole married life was a lie and he didn't mean his vows...in sickness and in health ; ( xxx

Hi hun I have been in 2 psychatric hospitals the last 6 weeks and am now I'm a mental health unit. Hubby and I hsve split up :( due to being in hospital I have just been eating whatever they gave me ( I was so poorly for the first 3 weeks they just choose for me) . From 3 weeks ago I made my own choices and choose often the veggie option or a jacket pot. In the mental health unit breakfast ( ceral) and lunch ( sandwiches ) are provided...but you choose your tea so now eating more protein things, chicken chargrills tonight with salad so not many carbs in that. Haven't heard anything from Luton. I was thinking when I have lost a stone to ring them. But I don't know. Had my appointment end of Jan and only lost
A few lbs-feel pathetic. Xxx

Dear Lottie
You are going through a rough time so be kind to yourself. Your mental health is the number 1 priority. When you can cope and you have the strength to move on you can contact Luton again for the next appointment but it can all simmer in the background, get yourself back to stability before taking on another major task. Life deals big lumps of poo and the strength comes from getting through and carrying on. We all need support and help in our lives so take all that is offered to you.
Keep in touch as and when you feel like it.
SJ xx

Oh lottie,
Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me. You sound like a lovely lady who need alot of tlc, take all offers of support, embrace them all, you can get through this turmoil my lovely, you just need a little you time and kindness.. xxx

Thank you girls. If I am honest one of the reasons ( there Are many) hubby left me because of my weight..he says I have changed unrecognisable from when we started going out-I was 9 1/2 stone then. At my biggest I was 25.1 and I am now 22.5 but my mental health problems and what have split us up. But I made my vows forever...in sickness and in health. Unfortunately he obviously didn't.

Edit to add... I rang the Dr I saw in Jan at the hospital today to ask what's happening as I feel I have just been left-is that normal? No one's told me anything other than the op would be done at Luton. I would like to know what tier I have got to start on and when. Almost 3 months with nothing not even a next appointment is hard. But just got an answerphone so left a message.

Xxxx

It sounds like knowing where you are in the process is extra important right now so you at least understand what the plan is. I really hope someone replies soon x

Hi @Suffolk Joy ,
Thought I would just say hope all goes smoothly on Tuesday. Good luck.
Ian

Good morning SJ
I just want to wish you all the very best for tomorrow, how are you feelin ? I bet you can't believe that you are now so close to having your wls, good luck lovely and look forward to hearing from you and following your progress when you feel ready to post again
Big hugs :hugs:XxXx

Good luck hunny ; ) so excited for you xxx

Thank you all for your best wishes. It is now midnight - surgery later today. Last glass of milk downed and did my 1st injection at 6 pm. Hubby nearly fainted! Sleep is evading me so I will do some reading.
Feeling very nervous - not about the actual op (hopefully won't k ow much about it!) it's the waiting beforehand and the actual being put to sleep. I get myself in a right tizz until I am asleep.
I am up at 4 am, time to shower and head of for Luton by 5 am. I am to report at 7am so fingers crossed for being first on the list.
I will catch up with you all soon
. SJ xx

Thinking of you-hope you were first down hun xxxx

Back