• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The last three stone

I've stayed the same for a few weeks but down another pound this week so 12.11.

Wow! seems to say it all really.....

I've just booked a consultation with thg for an arm and thigh lift. They give 30% off if you do them together and my legs are terrible so I figured it was worth finding out. Not planning on having the op until the end of December so hopefully ill be pretty much at goal by then.

Will report back after my appointment.

Good luck for the appt Victoria x

Good luck hun :)

I've just had my one year follow up at St George's. by their records my Bmi is 30 and I have lost 78% of my excess weight. Even if I didn't lose another pound they said they'd be thrilled with me.

Apparently the projected loss with a sleeve is 55%.

Been told I need to be 27 for plastics and 2 years out and I'd probably get it.

So pleased with my sleeve :)

I've just had my one year follow up at St George's. by their records my Bmi is 30 and I have lost 78% of my excess weight. Even if I didn't lose another pound they said they'd be thrilled with me.

Apparently the projected loss with a sleeve is 55%.

Been told I need to be 27 for plastics and 2 years out and I'd probably get it.

So pleased with my sleeve :)

Hey well done Victoria that is awesome news. :)

Fantastic loss!
78% is certainly above avarage. I would be so happy to get there too.
Have you ever calorie counted? Have you followed a strict diet?

Yes I've calorie counted every step of the way and still do. I don't however feel like I'm on a strict diet I just keep an eye on them :)

Well done!! what a transformation!! you look absolutely wonderful! what an achievment! regardless of the last 3 stone if you never lost another lb you would still look fabulous xxx

Thank you Sarah, Amanda and Lisa. I would consider it a success if I stopped losing now but I'm not ready to stop yet so we'll see where I get to :)

One year on!

Today I am 365 days post op – where has that year gone!

I started at 22 stone (308 lbs) when I started my pre-op diet – today I weigh 12 stone 8 (176lbs). I’ve lost 9 stone 6 pounds (132lbs).

My BMI was 51, it’s now 30, I’m still obese which makes me laugh but at least I’m no longer super mobidly obese. Won’t be long until I drop to ‘overweight’ oh how I long to be normally overweight.

I have lost 33 cms from my waist
33 cms from my hips (I didn’t measure my hips at the beginning of this, not sure why so it’ll be more than that).
0.7 cm from my wrist
11.5 cms from the tops of my arm
16.5 cms from the tops of my thigh
8 cms from my calf (they are still huge!)

I’ve lost 78% of my excess weight.

My dress size has gone from 28/30 to 14/16
My shoes size has dropped from a tight 6 to 5 -5.5.

I do not recognise the girl in my pre-op photos. How and why did I let myself get that big and why didn’t I notice it. I used to think I had a slim face – pah!

I sit in the car now and marvel at how much space there is between me and the steering wheel! I can sit in booths in restaurants, sit at Wagamamas on their benches, I can squeeze between chairs and tables in restaurants without a second thought.

I can get down on the floor and I can get back up again. I can get off the sofa without levering myself up!

I love that I have stopped calculating and planning every move without even noticing. This is how normal people live.

I will be forever grateful to the NHS for my surgery, I am embarrassed to say that I couldn’t do this on my own but I couldn’t.

I’m not naïve enough to think I’ll never be on a diet again. I know I will always have to watch my weight and what I’m eating but I hope I’ve got the tools to cope with it.

I still have 2.5 stone to go to get to my target of 10 stone.

The next journey will be plastic surgery. I know it’s not for everyone but for me it’s a necessity. I’ve never had a good body, never. I’d quite like one now.

It has not been life changing for me, I loved my life before my surgery, it has however changed my life as it’s so much easier now, I also spent a lot on clothes. There are worse problems to have!

Good luck to everyone just embarking on this journey, it’s amazing.

Attachments

• SAM_1299.jpg
    SAM_1299.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 162
Well done honey, a fantastic achievement :)

You look fantastic Victoria :D I am 10 days post bypass and stories such as urs really spur me on :D it encourages me not to dip low and feel sorry for myself which I did immediately after surgery. Like yourself I had a perfectly lovely life pre surgery but never really happy in my own skin and being ruled by food is something that I didn't want anymore now I can be in control. I hope that one year post op I too will posting photos (which I've never liked having taken) Gooooooooooooooo Victoria x

Back