• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

Ladies you're all in the right space realising that this only aids weight loss but is no miracle cure. If you're prepared to work hard, do exercise and overtime change your relationship with food you'll be fine. I never dreamed I'd get down to a size 12 yet here I am 7months on! Where will you be in 7months?! Certainly in that little black dress!

There's always some it doesn't work for and usually that's because they make little change to their diet content, don't exercise or even lie to themselves about what they've eaten! smaller portions of fish and chips won't ever work but smaller portions of chicken and veg will! You can still eat out but choose wisely and take a doggie bag for all your leftovers! Lol xx

Hi lalalou my kids say things like your doing well why do u need the op but i think we both no why, don't we, i have my appointment Monday 18th im hoping i will get an op date asap i would like to b simmer b4 christmas

LolaLou

If you are like me you will have moments where you think why on earth am I doing this? Mine was when the consultant told me I would never eat a full meal again! Just starter plate sizes. But that's obviously what I need. I'm 110% sure I am doing the right thing. Good luck! And let us know how it goes. I cant't wait, Tuesday will be over and done with before I know it. I have about eight stone to be an ideal weight, if I am disciplined enough I would only need to lose about two pound a week to be at goal in a year. If I was mega disciplined I could be at goal by feb! But I want to be realistic so nice and steady. Gives your brain more time to adjust to eating smaller and hopefully less chance of binging. Well that what I'm hoping. My biggest hope is once I've lost a few stone I will discover the confidence for exercise as at the minute I'm so self conscious it's torture, but once I'm not sticking out like a sore thumb I know that will help shift the pounds. In the meantime my puppy will get extra fit on longer walks :) x

I 2 think like u about the not eating another full meal again but we obviously eat to much otherwise we wouldn't b fat i worry about not being able to drink f izzy drinks again cause i like fizzy water

i used to go to the gym last year but you do get the impression every one is looking at the fat girl trying to loss weight and you get no support from the people who work there.i`v tried ww and slimming world to me their just a bunch of people sitting round saying look at how much i`v lost this week.i just cannot connect with these people.my mum and sister just dont get it cause they have never been there.its so easy for people to say why dont you diet and ride your bike to work.yeah ok i`ll just have a heart attack while i`m at it.do they really think we haven`t tried to loss weight on our own but when you get this big it always seems such a long way off when they say if you loss a lb a week this time next year your be a lot slimmer NEXT year i want it now.

I lost weight while I was going to the gym it undoubtedly speeds things up and I'll definately be going back when I'm well enough. I lose interest in things too quickly thats my problem. Tonight I'm ravenous but have spoke to Lisa my coordinator and she said I can make a clear vegetable soup as I'm struggling. So it's bubbling away on the stove now. Hard when my partner just sat and ate a full pizza. Git!! But it's not his fault I'm fat so he shouldn't have to suffer and jut eat carrots!! I got a call from the hospital tonight to tell me to fast from midnight Monday. Oooh feels more real now!!!! X

my co-ordinator is lisa aswell r u going to dolan park

r u having it done this tuesday

i took my son into town on tuesday a he wanted to go to mc donals but i said no cause i couldnt have one but then afterwards i thought its not fair to stop them going just cause of me.

With it being half term my family have eaten out 3 times this week fish n chips at the seaside on Tuesday. And I stood with a banana and a bottle o water and truly it did not bother me one bit! Really proud o myself :) x

Well done Kirsty. I'm proud of not wrestling my partner to the floor for his pizza! Ha ha. Now my godaughters are watching man v food. Man alive!!! Yes mimi I'm going to dolan park this tuesday for my op!!!!!!!!! Woohoooo. I think I oh rang up the end of may to enquire. Lisa's lovely x

we havent had a car for 4 weeks so iv had to have shopping delivered or go on the bus ,iv also had to walk to work although i have hated doing it ,it did me good

lolalou i have just read your diary and i no exactly how u feel about wanting a baby my husband and i tried for 8 yrs to have children,we tried for 5 yrs with no luck then my husband found out he had the same eye condition his dad had which sent him blind and we decided not to pass it on to our kids so went for fertility treatment had 6 mnths of a.i.d. didnt work so had to wait for i.v.f. on the nhs we had two goes (very stressful) very luckly fell pregnant with darling daughter and then 3 yrs later had our son through a.i.d.but its all you think about night and day, i no.

Last edited:
I'm hoping fingers crossed that I fall naturally when I'm alot smaller. :) but if not at least the nhs are willing to help me with that side of things. I've been ready for children for years. I'm not religious but I like to think if there is a god he was making me wait till the time was right and that time is next year x

I remember reading a story about Sid Little from Little and Large a comedy couple many years ago u may not remember them but him and his wife tried for 20years to have children she was a big lady and then that thought its never going to happen lets just enjoy life so she lost loads off weight and boom she got pregnant in her fourty 's .sometimes its good to hear storys like this to give us hope .I'm sure things will work out for you i no a lot about fertility problems and treatment if you have any questions just ask i also have some tips for when u start .

I hear that a lot too, they did say to me at the time of my investigations that it won't be impossible I will just need help from them. What annoys me is that they told me to ask my doctor to check my egg reserve and when I asked three different doctors they said they weren't sure how to and would look into it, so I don't even know if I have a healthy egg reserve. I have two friends with pcos who both have had two children, I hear that a lot, so I'm positive it's just my weight holding me back, not much longer!! Woohoo. I want to have had a baby in the next two years as that will be just the start! Although I will be thankful just to have one I think I want a few. I might change my mind after one comes along mind :) thanks for your support. Ooh this time in three days I will be in the hospital. So glad to only have three days left of milk and yoghurt. I'm so frustrated with my scales, before my weight would maintain at huge, give or take a few pounds whether I ate a Chinese buffet and a huge Sunday dinner the next day, now the scales are staying the same even though I am only having a few milks a day and couple of yogurts, yet when I read on here lots of people are saying they lost lots on the pre op diet. My partner said it may be water retention but surely everyone would have been the same. I don't want to get to the hospital and them think I haven't been following it because other than the odd tiny tiny blip at the beginning I really have. I've definitely lost the five pound they asked me too but I'm feeling frustrated because in the past I have lost that and more on slimming world where I could eat lots every day. Boo :-( sometimes my scales say I have lost ten pound then I step back on and it goes up by three! I'm really hoping my partner broke them when he fell out of the shower the other day. Here's hoping. Sulk sulk. X

Hi lolalou although some of us get the added bonus of weight lose some don't ,remember the diet is just too shrink ur liver the weight lose comes after and for the rest of your life ,keep your chin up and good luck with your op xxxxx

Thanks! I said exactly the same, if I can't have children after this at least I will be a bit smaller, or a lot hopefully :) and the money I won't be spending on children I can spend on a new wardrobe. Every cloud an all x

Back