• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Hi Musketeers,
Thought I would share my food day with you as it was quite a new experience for me.

The day started with finding I had lost 1lb which put me just 1lb from losing 7 stone. Food started with a bowl of Fruit & Fibre with SS milk - quite a big portion unfortunately. Was then out to lunch with todays date and had some salad - lettuce, tomato, avocado, chicken, bacon with a very nice (normal) dressing. Just a teaplate portion.

Then the "fun" part, we went on to a BBQ to meet the "date's" friends - about 45 people all new faces to me. I'm terrible at remembering names.

Pimms o'clock occurred and several glasses were consumed. About 5-6 prawns off the BBQ(yummy), then half a burger, 2 sausages, chicken drumstick and then loads and loads of salady stuff. I had my old head on and over served myself with the couscous, pasta salad, bean salad, bread etc. Really struggled with my groaning plate and my date fortunately grabbed one of the sausages (she is aware of my wls and could sense I was struggling). I was feeling stuffed and left more than I ate. I skipped the desserts as they all looked full of sugar, that was hard. I did however have some cheese and bikkies.

All in all an enjoyable day made special by doing "normal" drinks and meals, albeit much smaller than in the past. I dare say the pound I found I had lost this morning will be back on again tomorrow, but heck, I don't care. It came off once so it will come off again. Losing weight is great, but living a normal life is even better.

Sorry for the ramble through my day, but I just had to record my thoughts and exerience.

xx

Sounds like a great day John. Isnt it great that we can eat "normally" and most people wouldnt have a clue that we've had WLS. Sounds like you made mostly good choices.

I agree with Sam it's great to be able to do things like go to bbq's and be able to eat normally without bringing attention to ourselves. Glad you enjoyed yourself John and i'm even more glad you didn't regret it!!!!!

John, the love life's sounding good! Fantastic that you're eating and drinking normally, that's what it's all about after all!

Yahoo, today is the first day for ages that I've felt any real restriction. Funny, seeing as it was only yesterday that I was saying I didn't feel any. This morning I could have eaten my own arm, I was so hungry.

So today, I have mostly been eating:

Brekkie : two pieces of toast with lovely nana
Lunch : bowl of king prawns, mmmmmmmmm
Supper : Couple of bites of chicken with roasted veggies
Snack : fruit pastilles but these don't count because they were eaten as a result of some dipstick parking their car in front of me at the petrol station and then going missing for about 15 minutes. Everyone knows that food eaten in anger doesn't count!

John, the love life's sounding good! Fantastic that you're eating and drinking normally, that's what it's all about after all!

Hmmm, not really. My "date" was in quotes because we have agreed to be "just good friends". This was agreed from the 1st "date". Since then we have seen each other about 10 times. It's nice to have new friends.

Glad you're getting some restiction, that really helps. I'm sure you could do without all the "dipsticks" though.

xxx

Morning all

Yesterday was a good day but could still do better

Food:
Boiled egg and 2 slices nimble toast and lite spread (improvement cut out 1 egg and changed to nimble)
Protein shake with water
Chicken breast in spicy crumbs, 150g new pots, large mixed salad with no fat viniagrettee
Blueberries 200g and natural yoghurt with lemon
2 crumpets with no added sugar jam (why? I wasn't hungry just wanted them)
Chicken with noodles in curry sauce - home made ate 1/2 threw the rest
Protein shake with water x 2

So I'm getting there but not there yet. Plus I need to work on portion control as restriction is rare (but welcomed when it comes)

Hope everyone else is doing fine

M

Just me back again

Food yesterday:
3 x decaff coffee
Food Doctor seeded muffin with spread and marmalade (NAS)
Protein shake with 1 litre iced water
300g cottage cheese and pineapple with small jacket spud
1 piece fudge, 3 x jaffa cakes
1 x chicken breast, mixed salad and 125g new pots
Raspberries with natural yoghurt
2 x protein shakes with water

Not a bad day really but no movement in the scales, just keeping on trucking as best I can. However I would really like to see the 12s again soon

M

That looks like a really good day to me M.

For me yesterday

Special K
Monster munch (oops, but I was on a late lunch and the vending machine made me eat them)
Chicken salad
Small portion of lasagne and salad
Lots of coffee
Packet of love hearts.

Another good day M well done!

Brekkie- skinny latte(i must try and eat a proper brekkie)

Lunch-carrot/cheese/onion/sultanas and salad cream

Dinner-chicken, mash and gravy

snacks-pkt crisps :-( x2 skinny lattes and two choccies from a box

Not such a good day today someone else had a *** birthday for goodness sake so fresh cream scone and a piece of carrot cake and only a slight reaction ..damn. Back wth full record later. Oh and 4 jaffa cakes. make that a bad day and its not over yet ......bummer

M

If it makes you feel better M, Ive been too busy to eat a proper meal all day and have had a packet of crisps, a handful of wine gums and a couple of choccies, alongside half a sandwich and a small portion of reheated lasagne - last nights leftovers.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Thank goodness it is Sam

For the record yesterdays debacle:

3 x decaff coffee
4 x Ryvitas, lite spread and NAS marmalade
4 x Jaffa cakes
Slice of some godawful cake but I still ate it...go figure
1 x fresh cream scone and jam
Tuna salad small
Chicken breast with mixed salad and 1/2 jacket spud
3 x crumpets, spread and NAS jam
2 x protein shakes with 2 litres of water.
3 glasses of wine

Bad day got worse.

Today I'm shooting anyone with a birthday in the next 2 months at work. Really its down to me and I'm not doing it for M yet but I'm trying just not hard enough.

M

I'm sure it's no coincidence that on the days where we don't eat proper meals, we snack and it's always on rubbish. A little bit here and a little bit there. Life is busy at the moment, not social life unfortunately, so when I got in at 11pm last night I noticed the bikkies so I sat with a cuppa and ate about 4. You'll be pleased to hear that I felt rubbish afterwards, which serves me right. Day off today so I am going to regroup and formulate my plan of attack. Sorry if I sound just toooooooooo perfect, but my scales show a small weightloss, first for about 3 weeks.

Yesterday I was mostly eating:
B : toast with nana
L : zilch, working
D : disgusting pasta chicken thing
Snacks : Mullerlight yoghurt, 4 bikkies, 3 gorgeous chocolates

Not bad at all Gill

Well today came and went as they say so here's my food confessions

3 x decaff coffee
2 boiled eggs (from hens that live a good life and went ouch when they laid them..i.e: large free range) and 2 slices nimble and lite spread
Protein shake with 1 litre iced water
1/4 of some godawful wrap..its meeting day and we get food sent in and if the girl that organises it gets that rubbish again she'll get my toe up her backside!!
2 slices nimble and wafer thin chicken to replace said lunch
2 x plums
5 x choc finger biscuits..damned lunch again
chicken breast and salad
Friend came round so 2 x brandy and lemonade
blueberries and natural yoghurt

Thats me none too perfect yet again. Still trying not suceeding but onwards I go

M

That doesn't sound so bad M. We all want to live a normal life after all. I went to the pub tonight and had a few glasses of wine, came home and had a couple of ribs left over from lunch. But that's normal, it's what normal people do.

I have noticed that I have been taking more trouble over my appearance. I used to wear trakkie bottoms a lot. Today I wore white linen trousers with a fitted black and white top and matching accessories. I felt really good today.

So today I have mostly been eating:
Breakfast : toast and nana
Lunch : ham sandwich
Dinner : plate of ribs
Snacks etc. 3 bikkies, 3 glasses of wine

I think your food choices yesterday were good M. And Gill you were practically saintly yesterday! I am glad you felt good about yourself in your fab new clothes.

A stressful day for me yesterday. had a 3 hour assessment as part of my application for a promotion at work, plus all the usual house/work stuff to do and my food was good during the day - but then went out to catch up with a lovely friend and after 2 white wine spritzers we decided to eat. I chose probably THE most unhealthy thing on the menu which was a home made steak and ale pie. Didnt manage much of it, but what I did have was delicious.

So yesterdays offerings

special K
about 1/2 jacket potato with cheese and beans
Banana
Pear
2 spritzers.
A little bit of pie (didnt eat any pastry) with a few sprouts and carrots and about 5 chips.
Loads of coffee
2 rich tea fingers

Off to silverstone today so goodness knows what the food choices will be like, and then its moms 60th birthday party tonight so I think its fair to say that today could well be a write off as far as food choices go.

Just enjoy it Sam!

Yes enjoy everty minute Sam and all of us at this stage...just because we can.

Well today a small success a fresh cream doughnut mugged me and made me take it to my room. Once there we eyed each other up and I bit but after 2 mouthfuls I managed to overcome it and put it in the bin...go M. Despite the stress of a newly appointed nurse giving in her notice after 2 weeks for more money. I rallied when I read the draft white paper that said the new Darzi centres were likely to go and thats were she is bound so there is justice in the world. The rest of us will await developments after Monday. Whatever they say 30+ years in General Practice mean I know it will all stay basically the same.

Food:
3 x decaff coffee
Wafer thin ham and slice low cheese in 2 slices nimble
Protein shake
2 boiled eggs with 2 slices nimbletoast and spread
Protein shake
Chicken and salad
Strawberries and yoghurt
2 x brandies planned with diet lemonade ..Yay its the weekend and its been a ******* of a week so need to let my hair down....just not to much

Good luck everyone

M

Another day of being on track what is the world coming to. I factored in my 2 drinks and managed not to eat any crap at all.

Food for today:

2 boiled eggs , 2 slices nimble toast and lite spread
Protein shake
Southern fried style chicken home made and not fried, salad
Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt cheesecake style thing
Bit of a lobster - bought as a treat about 1oz of lobster rest potato salad which was so greasy I binned it - letter to Waitrose currently in post to complain.
Protein shake
Muffins and NAS jam

Am I getting there at last?.gawd I hope so

M

Back