• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

I feel like fainting when I think of removing my own staples - not that I have any! haha I'm such a wuss when it comes to myself but for others no problems at all, I can even operate if someone tells me what to do :p

Mushies didn't go so well :(

So I boiled chopped carrots really soft, a spray of buttery fry-light (can't believe it's 1 cal!) and sprinkled a pinch of cumin... I mixed that with a bit of 0% fat natural yogurt... This was supposed to be my 'side' dish but I had this first and it filled me up half way. It was around 100g of carrots and 100g yogurt.

I also had some VERY soft fish in a lemon sauce plus a bit of swede mash, like two teaspoons or so. Although I chewed chewed and chewed, I couldn't eat the fish, it got stuck so I ate the sauce with the mash. I don't think I'll touch fish again for several weeks... How can I manage minced beef but not mega soft fish, I have no idea?!

I feel full up at the moment as if I had too big a meal 5 minutes ago. My fish incident was hours ago.

I have a jacket potato baking in the oven, I'll have it's fluffy insides with some cottage cheese and beef mince and veg for dinner... If I can that is. I know I'm hungry, my stomach is rumbling but I feel so full. Is this restriction???

How was your day? xxx

Yes that full feeling lasting for longer is from the restriction of your band. It will lessen as you lose weight :D fish can be a problem sticking sometimes...one day you can eat it and another you can't ... Oh the joys of having our little silicone friend :rolleyes:

I tried fish in parsley sauce mashed up with mixed veg, 2 teaspoons went down and on the 3rd I could feel it like a tight ache. Started to panic a bit!! Think it was the same for me, too difficult at this time, i left the rest and ate a pot of custard an hour later.
Very bizarre that even with no fill certain foods are difficult. I'll try again next week sometime or change to trying tuna.
I googled my band, the manufacturer recommends liquids for only 3 days then mushies for 3 weeks, then normal food, so one more week for mushies after this... I can live with that after today's dinner fiasco lol x

Fish didn't work for us hun :) let's try something new!

I made a batch of bolognese sauce with extra lean beef mince and lots of added veg (very finely chopped courgette, mushroom, carrot, pepper, onion etc) and managed a couple of teaspoons of that with half a jacket potato (no skin) last night.

I'll have more of that today with some veg. Courgettes maybe, they are easy to eat and east on the tummy with very few calories. I'm tempted to blend my beef+veg mix so it goes down easier but that's now the point is it :( booo I'm hungry but can't eat xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fish is a dodgy one for me and I'm 6 months out ladies but keep up the good work been reading ur posts your doing a smashing job :) xx

Going to give it a go Tobi, going to walk to shops this morn and get some mince, or quorn mince. Like the idea of spag Bol but without the spag! Lol! I very rarely eat pasta anyway as got to use gluten free which costs a fortune!
Small baking potatoes in the house already so just courgettes, carrots and onions to get, ooh and tomatoes! Mmmm x

Thanks for the advice Gemby - weetabix went down much easier :) I managed one with a bit of mashed banana. I felt full after I had half but I could carry on and I finished it. Now I feel very bloated, I should have stopped when I felt full! Hopefully I'll learn and recognize the signs soon rather than stuffing my face like a moron :( x

I'm like that too, I've had a protein shake (seeing as I have two 1 kg bags) drank it really thick, and had a "satisfied" feeling but drank 3 more mouthfuls after that... Tummy feels so heavy and uncomfortable now. :( think I have to learn to stop, wait then decide not judge with my eyes!!! The saying " your eyes are bigger than your stomach" has rang true for the first time in my life. Lol x

I'm finding it really difficult to tell when I'm full at all :( keeping to little portions but fed up cos I've not lost anything last 5 days :( maybe getting too obsessed with the scales ?

I weigh myself every morning, it's depressing me! Lost everyday but this morning I'm the same! I know I'm obsessed, always have been, it's like consulting the oracle to find out if its going to be a good day or not - scale OCD!!!
Going to take the battery out and throw it away (square one) so can't do it anymore, I'll go to my mums on Saturdays and use hers... It's running my life :-0 x

Yep that's why I've never been able to stuck to diets, get fed up when I don't lose quick enough! Also I had vodka at a party on Saturday, only 2 small drinks with low cal mixer but that could have made me stall? :( sob :(

What makes you stall at this stage is having too few calories I think. I'm very disappointed with the tiny amount I loss last 2 weeks after the op (only 4 pounds) on 300-400 cal a day! But the body goes into starvation mode. Try eating a bit more and see what happens - that's what I'm experimenting right now :) I'm aiming for 1000 calories a day. I managed 900ish on Sunday I think but yesterday only 70ish.

It's normal to use 1-2 lb a week. Obviously we all want to lose more than that, especially in the beginning! It will go down to 1-2 lb a week eventually and I really wanted to lose more than that in the fist month... Xxx

Don't weigh yourself every day! Your weight fluctuates by several pounds each day, let alone day to day. In my opinion, the most often you should be weighing yourself is weekly. That's the only way you'll get a more realistic idea of your weight. Doing it every day will just make you preoccupied with your weight and demoralised.

Pongis- People stall all the time. It's normal and your body's way of sorting itself out. It's a better idea to look at average weight loss over a month rather than week to week really.

Don't be down! You're doing great! This is a long-game we're playing :)

I was obsessed with the scales pre op because I had to lose a certain amount of weight before the surgery otherwise they wouldn't go ahead. Now I try not to hop on them every day because like Gemby said, we're here for the long run :) xxx

Doing much better with the mushies on second day :) but feeling weird

I just had lunch - beef mince & veg - and I managed to stop when the first feeling hit my chest, i didnt even manage half of my already really small portion. it's a weird feeling to describe... Not sure I like it lol :p

I'm feeling hungry and full at the same time - will this pass and will I manage to feel full or hungry and not both at the same time?? Is this head hunger? I only had 1 weetabix, 1/3 banana and a few spoonfuls of beef & veg so far today, how can I be full lol?! xxx

Think it's just like that with mushies, I had half a shake, a cup a soup for lunch ( which didn't fill me) and doing mince for tea but very sloppy with mash and grated cheese.
I suspect I am probably eating enough, but my brain is used to me eating more, if that makes sense! The eye and brain connection is a real confusing issue, we'll soon get used to smaller portions :)
I find if I don't eat regularly then I am really hungry and want to eat as quick as possible, have to get out of that habit pretty sharpish and try small snacks in between xxx

Back