• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh in

Btw, does anyone know how to convert stones to kilograms?. I've worked out kilos to pounds but not stones. How many pounds are in a stone?

and 2.2 1lbs to a kilogram....

Hi Michelle,

I suppose a lot depends on the chosen type of surgery. I've had a sleeve so food issues aren't a problem as I no longer get hunger pangs due to grehlin (spelling) producing hormone being removed.

I make sure that my protein intake is at least 60g a day (which helps to keep away hunger pangs) and my carb intake is very low hence good weight loss, due to my body being in more or less permanent Ketosis state and burning off body fat.

All other foods that are eaten are high protein with a good mix of veg. I also drink a minimum of 2L of water /tea every 24hrs. Hope this helps. Victoria x

Thanks v much Victoria :). I'm having my lap band removed & gastric bypass performed in the morning. I might be a little slow with this weeks weigh in. How long ago did you have ur sleeve done?. Even though the physiological hunger is suppressed, do you find you have 'head' hunger still?

Good luck michelle hope all goes well for you! I am sure it will be fine look forward to seeing your progress!!!
Thinking of you xxx

Good luck Michelle, had my sleeve on 20th June no head hunger due to no grehlin producing hormone in tummy which has been removed. Victoria x

Hi Melissa,

I didn't lose as much as I wanted last week, so this week have worked a lot harder on exercise, but I don't have a family to fit in with my exercise regime, so I can increase it when I want. Bet you have lost inches instead.

I monitor my inch loss for my provider monthly and it is amazing to see the inches coming off everywhere. If you don't do it you may like to as it is a great boost for you if the scales aren't doing anything. Victoria x

Congratulations Victoria, that's a great loss & good on u also Mel, what doesn't show up this week will show up next wk. so this if the first time I'm feeling human after my surgery. I usually have a pretty high tolerance to pain & especially after having kids I didn't think anything could be worse, but boy did I get a shock. I was under for over 5 hours because they found a hernia, had trouble getting the Lapland out, then of course had to perform bypass & when I woke up I was violently ill, dry retching. & all sorts of things. I honestly thought I would have been bouncing off the walls the next morning but it wasn't to be. I have has a physio come & visit me today because my chest is starting to become congested but other than that it's all good. All the staff are lovely, I'm feeling heaps better & am now looking forward to losing weight & feeling healthy

Hi Michelle,

Hope your recovery speed increases and your not in pain for to much longer but you have had 1 hell of an op well 3 actually.

Like you I'm a very fast recoverer, so I do find it hard to see other people struggling when I'm raring to go.

Please take extra care as you've really been through the mill this time. As people keep telling me slooooooooow down and take it easy for a while. Hugs Victoria x

Hi Michelle,

Wow that's a major op Hun take it easy and give yourself a break and rest up! I was under for 5 hours! Hard going but well worth it.
Little disappointed but will keep batting on think might have to do with my monthly cycle!
Michelle as Victoria says take very easy you have had 3 ops in 1 so you will be tender and sore but hopefully will go quickly for you.

Take care speak soon
Much love xxx

Thanks Mel x

I too am usually heavier around my period, usually around 2 pounds, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised this week!!!

Congrats Victoria & Mel I told you it would show up next week, well done. My weight today is 233 pounds (106.2kg). In the last fortnight I have lost a bit over 10 pounds & I'm feeling great. I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back :)

Back