• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

I see you are on the auntie Bessies mash Sarah- I love it-yum !

Yesterday

B = 4 tbls branflakes
L = small jacket pot, 1 fishfinger and mushy peas
D = 1 slice of danish bread, 1/2 a small tin of beans and sausages.

Today

B = 3/4 of a mullerice
L = Few mouthfuls of tuna pasta salad (sick)
D = 1 fishfinger, cheesy mash and beans.

bran flakes milk
chicken stuffing
home made chicken curry with sunday lunch left over veg
2 squares dark chocolate
large costa skinny latte

Still on Milk Diet so today I have had

coffee x 2
milk shake made with a banana for breakfast mid morning
jelly and low fat yog for lunch
pear
steamed veg for tea
Milky coffees x 3
Jelly and low fat yog for supper.

Only seven more days to go. :D I am beginning to look like veg!

Thought I'd stick my bit in too ;-) 5 days post-op...

breakfast - cafe latte slimfast (yummy!) and a cup of tea

lunch - 1/2 tin tomato soup

dinner - chicken stock with a spoon of homemade mash and gravy

snack - stewed apple with custard (which tasted like apple pie and crumble and was amazing!)

Been having lots of water and diluted fruit juice to keep my liquid levels up as well :)

Thought I'd stick my bit in too ;-) 5 days post-op...

breakfast - cafe latte slimfast (yummy!) and a cup of tea

lunch - 1/2 tin tomato soup

dinner - chicken stock with a spoon of homemade mash and gravy

snack - stewed apple with custard (which tasted like apple pie and crumble and was amazing!)

Been having lots of water and diluted fruit juice to keep my liquid levels up as well :)

Wow - I am surprised, I thought that it was liquids only so soon post op and you have had stewed apple. Wow, I will be well pleased if I can have the same. :D

Neeta think its different with the band to bypass hun x might be wrong though x

About 11 weeks post op...

B - milky coffee and toasted danish with marmite.

L - ryvita thin with a bit of philly light and a petit filous.

T - minced beef, onions, mushroom, carrots, peas, gravy (thee pots batched up and frozen) and 1/2 aunt b yorkishire pud, nom nom nom!!

S another couple of ryvita thins

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Wow - I am surprised, I thought that it was liquids only so soon post op and you have had stewed apple. Wow, I will be well pleased if I can have the same. :D

It was strained then pureed then shoved through a sieve so it was more apple juice than anything else, but I just like to think it was more ;-)

Today I am exactly 1week from my op. Am slightly confused that the surgeon declared that I could go on "sloppy food" and actually thought for a while that he meant puree but luckily decided to stick with the sheet the dietician provided.:D

Today I have had

Half mug of warm sk milk
100ml Total 0% Greek yogurt

Decided to have a cupasoup for lunch and chose chicken and cooled it down a bit with sk milk.

It was going down very well. Too well in fact and I ended up drinking the whole mug. And I think I experienced my first dumping!

My heart started to race, I broke out in an extreme hot sweat and felt really sick. DH put the air conditioning in and the fan and all I could do was lie back on the sofa and moan until I began to feel better. Thank God it went fairly quickly. If that was just a little sample then I swear nothing sweet is going to pass my lips. All I can say is WOW.

Oh no Josie! Was it a 'light' one?

I really am dreading the dumping thing...

My diary for today, 11 days post op:

B Weetabix and semi skimmed milk - ate half
L 1/2 salmon portion, 2 aunt bessie mash pattys, splode of light mayo - ate 75%
D - Planning on 2-3 aunt bessie mash with gravy and mint sauce (parents having a HUGE roast!)

Drinks:...erm.... 1/4 of a small bottle of water and a glass of NAS squas.... This needs addressing!

xx

12 days post op.
200mls semi skimmed milk.
1/3rd weetabix with ss milk and sweetener
200mls Juice
1tbs tuna, 1tsp light mayo, melted laughing cow triangle a little white balsamic
300mls nas squash
1 scrambled egg very soft (ok thank goodness, just gurgled a bit!!)
Finished squash
1tbs tinned stewed steak thinned with oxo plus a bit curry paste & soya sauce

I intend to have some blitzed tinned apricots and low fat custard for supper and 200mls ss milk just before bed.

I keep running out of day to take much more fluid than about a litre. But keeping waking in the night thirsty so must get more in:eek:

11 weeks post op...

B - sultana bran and ss milk

L - ww wrap with low fat hummous and Cherry tomatoes.

D - ryvita and philly

Snack - 2x petits filous

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Me do the same hunnie lol x Not long to go Neeta, good luck for next week xxx

Well, today I'm cooking turkey korma . . .
So far have eaten a satsuma and a flapjack.

Yeah, I know, flapjack :(

I think I've deliberately been a bit naughty this week, as my special pre-op diet starts tomorrow. Wanted to say "goodbye" to certain foods. I don't know if anyone can relate to that.

Tomorrow is another day, and I will be following the 800kcals per day plan as prescribed for pre op patients by the Royal Derby Hospital.

Good luck to those who are nearer to their ops than me!! And well done to those who are post op. I wish I'd found and joined this site months ago :D

Kath I think each & everyone of us has had their share of farewell meals, mine was a full English one day although I did grill rather than fry most of it, a battered sausage & chips meal another and a chicken biriyani takeaway with peshwari naan. Yes I can have most of those post op but not necessarily cooked exactly the same way so I enjoyed them to the full now even though I have no hunger pangs again yet I don't crave them either when I smell them.
On the whole my head is in the right place since before the pre-op diet so I have no regrets. Now nearly 2st down post op plus the 1 stone from the pre-op diet & the over 3st from the loss before the pre-op diet I am enjoying the positive comments & the new healthier feeling & slimmer new wardrobe bargains. Well worth everything.

Back