• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

12 weeks 3 days post op...

BF = Rice krispies (a handful)
L = 1 slice of turkey (pre packed), 3 potatoes, abit of cauliflower and stuffing.
D = 1/2 a slice of turkey, 2 potatoes and cauliflower
Snack = yogurt and snack a jack with cheese spread

Breakfast 1 weetabix
Lunch -quorn mince n veggies cooked with curry powder, 30g brown rice, low fat/low sugar yogurt
Snacks - grapefruit, green banana
Dinner - 2 ryvita, laughing cow, salad.

Lots of herbal tea, water, NAS squash. (some tea n coffee too with milk from allowance, trying to cut down on caffeine, but getting headaches)

I love cauliflower cheese. You just reminded me of it Sarah :p

I wonder if the old Slimming World tip of making the cheese sauce would be ok after bypass and not cause me to dump? Basically if I remember you just put five laughing cow light triangles in a dish and zap in the microwave until melted and pour that over the cauliflower. What do you think? I am thinking that perhaps as I am on puree food that a teaspoon of mashed potato and some mashed cauliflower with that on top would go down well?

Ooooh Kath nice to find someone else who likes green banana's :D

I wonder if the old Slimming World tip of making the cheese sauce would be ok after bypass and not cause me to dump? Basically if I remember you just put five laughing cow light triangles in a dish and zap in the microwave until melted and pour that over the cauliflower. What do you think? I am thinking that perhaps as I am on puree food that a teaspoon of mashed potato and some mashed cauliflower with that on top would go down well?

i hear a lot about laughing cow cheese triangle on here, im guessing they're really low fat?

I think that would be fine josie...can you send me abit over?? :)

Laughing Cow Lite triangles are fantastic. I used them instead of butter on crackerbread when I was on the pre-op diet. Think they are approved by both Slimming World and Weight Watchers. You can also get the extra lite ones but they are not quite as tasty. I melted one in a spoon of Aunt Bessies mashed potato the other day and it was lovely :D

I will send you some cauliflower cheese tomorrow Sarah just as soon as I steralise a jiffy bag :flirt2:

12 weeks 6 days post op...

Breakfast = 3-4tbls of rice krispies
snack = yogurt
Lunch = 1x "nimble" toast and 1tbls beans
dinner = 1 fishfinger, 2tbls mash, 1tbls beans
snack = 1x crackerbread with cheese spread

Gosh it must be absolute years since I went to Simming World, as I remember being told that you could blitz a tin of macarroni cheese for a sauce, but not sure that this would be a good one to try or not. :confused:

yesterday:
breakfast: 30g special K
lunch: poached egg, small slice wholemeal toast, little bit of tinned tomato
dinner: 75g chicken, salad
snacks: slice melon, few red grapes, nas sqaush, tea n coffee :D

today:
so far, mullerlight (mandarin flavour) (I have a very strange and irregular sleep pattern, so for me, it's breakfast at lunch time, lunch at dinner time, and dinner at supper time, then I go to bed at about 2 - 3 am :( )

Oh, Josiegirl, I absolutely lurve green bananas! proper yellow ones taste far too sweet, and a little mushy ;)

Today I have had

B - WW toffee yog
L - Banana milk shake with protein powder
D - Big Soup - blitzed to within an inch of it's life by DH.
S - not sure yet - not hungy, but will have an actimel drink if nothing else. ;)

Snaks - coffee and nearly two Ltrs of NAS squash/water.

4 weeks post op

3-4 tablespoons of cottage pie
Pretty much a whole melon....

1 cup of tea

My god I need to drink more!!!!!

1 slice wholemeal

green banana

baked cod seasoned with parsley, tarragon, lemonjuice, salt n pepper, small amount of potato, peas

mulller light yogurt n blueberries

probaby be having some quorn (I can't believe it's not chicken flavour) n salad in a little while

And that concludes day 11 of pre-op!!

B - Cheese on toast
L - Sardines mixed with couscous
D - Homemade meatballs with pasta (doubt I;ll be able to manage the pasta!!)

snack - 1/4 banana, 1/2 muller light yoghurt
drink - 1 coffee, 1 litre nas and 2 pints water

by the wat I am 8 weeks pst op!
Emma x:D

So far today:-

B - WW vanilla yog (a full one)
Mid morning a milky coffee
L - WW soup blitzed (only managed half)

NAS Juice on the go all the time :D

Going for a lie down as I feel absolutely shattered.

D - half a tin of lamb and veg soup blitzed with mint sauce.

snaks - pot of LF custard and two glasses of milk with NAS flavouring.

Last edited:
B:Quaker Oat Bran Crisp + 0% fat natural yogurt + sweetner
Tea with milk and sweetner
1 glass water

5 quorn fishless fingers + sweetcorn + yogurt "dressing"

6 rich tea biscuits

Last edited:
Cup of tea no milk or sweetner

B. Sainsburys be good to yourself cherry crumble & activa vanilla yoghurt.

Cup of tea no milk or sweetener

L. 4x quorn mini scotch eggs, 4x cherry plum tomatoes, 1x mini babybel light cheese, activa peach yoghurt, small banana.

Throughout the day 500ml homemade protein smoothie ( strawberries, blueberries, scoop of H&B natural protein powder, 1/4 cup homemade yoghurt & 1/4 cup milk blitzed together to make a smoothie.
500ml NAS squash with added glucosamine liquid.

For tea I plan to have
T. A small amount of spinach & ricotta filled pasta with a homemade tomato sauce.
Before bed I usually have a 250ml glass of milk & perhaps 6 brazil nuts ( but not always it depends on how I feel & how good the protein intake has been.) Plus some more juice through the night if I get thirsty.

13 weeks post op....
B - special k red berry and ss milk. Approximately 15-20g

L- ww wrap with low fat hoummous 4 cherry toms and chopped cucumber.

T - butternut squash and nut roast with some veggies and a little drop of gravy for moist!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

13 weeks post op....
B - special k red berry and ss milk. Approximately 15-20g

L- ww wrap with low fat hoummous 4 cherry toms and chopped cucumber.

T - butternut squash and nut roast with some veggies and a little drop of gravy for moist!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Do you manage the tomato skins ok, or take them off? I back on my beloved cucumber but am a bit scared of tomatoes. And lettuce just feels like a waste of chewing !

Back