• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

I suppose it's not as bad as it could be, but I was up and about for around 4 hours before i remembered to eat breakfast so just had a shake instead of cereal or a yoghurt.

SRH put us straight onto puree then mushy - we miss out on the liquid stage.

How did you manage first day of puree?

I forgot to eat at first, then when i did it was fine, but I realsie that I'm going to have to get more in. I didn't feel full at all-just terrified of overdoing it !
it's wierd to forget to eat isn't it!

Yup, considering all i ever did was think of what next to put in my mouth lol.
Lol- and me.
Once I started thinking about food today I started thinking about it a LOT! i haven't thought about food much at all since my op so it's kinda worried me a bit!

Good Luck with the op.
Living in hotel as back on the road.
B- Egg & Baked Beans
L - cream cheese and melba toast
D- Salmon & mash
Snacks - 2 Skinny Lattes & 1 protein shake & Fage

Total cals 800, protein 82 grams!

BTW Suzz, did you weigh yourself for your first month and if so how is the wl going?

yeah i have actually lost 15lb so not bad for the first month. Total 5 stone since Jan x

How about you?x

That's actually brilliant, especially considering that you'd lost loads before your op!
Bet you feel fab !

I feel like Ive eaten a lot today, this is the most Ive eaten since my operation. I feel fine, no sickness but worried its too much.

Dairylea dunkers x 2 packs!!
1/4 baked potato & chilli
1/4 baked potato & curried mince
Mini milk

Nearly 8 weeks post op...
B - toasted brown danish with marmite
L - 1/2 pack of fridge raiders. Out and about forgot to pack anything it was emergency food!
T/D - cheese on danish bread
Snack.- 2tbsp stewed Apple and 1 tbsp of low fat custard which rocked my little world!!!

hi bran banana apple blueberries
1 boiled egg salad
1 banana with peanut butter
1 sausage onion gravy 2 tiny potatoes veg
2 skinny lattes
1 litre nas water with 1/2 protein shot
must watch my banana intake but i do love them xxxxx

what do you spread the banana with the peanut butter?
Oooh er not sure about that, would probably be yummy but never thought of it. Ooo er!

You're all doing well guys and gals, i'm not going to log my food for a while as it's so depressing to see what i've eaten staring back at me. 4 weeks til check up and i'll be hoping to get some answers to why i can't eat alot.
Keep going everyone !!!!!

4 weeks, 1 day- 2nd days of puree. Forgot everything today. Forgot to eat, forgot to drink, forgot to take meds, forgot to take vitamin. Therefore have had to work really hard to fit in enough nutrition since about 1 o'clock. I don't have food any more- I have 'nutrition'-lol ! No problems getting it in so far, though it's so tedious as it takes such a long time:
1 tbsp weetabix
3 tbsp liquidised pea and ham soup
T: 2 tbsp sainsburys Good for You cottage Pie- Liquidised & 1 tbsp Good For You Cauliflower Cheese- liquidised.
3/4 Mc donalds Coffee, 1 mug tea, 1 pint NAS squash.
Am planning a Bovril, an actimel, a tomato juice and the rest of my half pint daily milk allowance before bedtime.

Last edited:
Protein shake for breakfast
WW Tomato Soup for lunch
Watermelon as a snack
Tea consisted of 1/4 burger, half skinless skinny sausage, 1/4 chicken on a skewer and a cheese slice (at my friends barbi) I chewed and chewed and chewed until it was like mush though as should not be on solids yet. *smacks own hand*

Mixed day.
B- Shredded Wheat & Milk
L- 1/3 tin of salmon (vingar & salad cream) with 3 ryvita thins.
D - felt like i was coming down with the cold so have had fage & peaches in their own juice.
Snacks - 2 lattes, 1 1/2 protein drinks.

Same theme as yesterday protein, protein and more protein.
Head hunger a problem today!! one day at a time.

B - toasted brown danish and marmite, I love it!!! My favourite meal of the day.
D - ww frozen minced beef hot pot. Most of the meat, none of the potatoes. Really enjoyed it!!
T - boiled egg (just yolk) and 1 extra lean thick cut Bacon rasher.
S - 1 pickled baby beetroot and 12 cashews/almonds.

Drank boat loads of squash, tea and coffee.

I'm 8 weeks post op today. Worried I'm eating too much, at times then not enough at others.

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

B hi bran apple blueberries and pears
S yoghurt
L 1 boiled egg salad
T ham with cheese salad
S grapes
1 1/2 litre nas squash and 1/2 protein shot

4 weeks, 3 days:
B:3 tbsp soft scrambled egg ( just under half an egg )
L: 3 tbsp pureed cottage pie
S: 1 tsp smooth peanut butter
D: 1oz roast chicken purees in gravy, 1 tbsp pureed tinned carrots, i auntie Bessie mash pattie, with gravy. Ate all this and enjoyed it but had a bit of a funny feeling for a few minutes after. May be I was full?
S: To have in a bit- 3 tbsp pureed pea and ham soup, 1 laughing Cow Light, 1 tbsp Philadelphia light.
Drinks: 1 actimel, NAS, coffee, 1 Bovril ( 5 g protein!)half pint of milk ( need to finish it by bedtime)

It'll come to just about 400 cals if I drink my milk, but only 36 grams protein. Seems a lot compared with what others eat. I'm certainly eating more each day ! So hope I'm not doing it wrong and eating too much too soon>

Last edited:
Seems we are all worried about eating too much..
Today just over 700 cals and 80 grams of protein.

No idea if it is too much....

B - small banana and total 2%
L - 4 melba toast & hommus
D- smoked haddock, few forkfuls of mash.
Snacks - 2 Latte's, 2 protein drinks and water...

Back