• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

work issues attitudes

Honesty is without the best policy. . . I think it is important that you employer knows you are having an op for all sorts of safety and legal reasons. Also close friends and family should also be in the know ~ you will be surprised by the level of support your get (apart from maybe the odd jealous one . . . normally someone who is overweight!) I had open RNY on the Tuesday and came out of hospital on the Friday ~ my other half is a nurse so I was well looked after. I returned to work the following Monday though it is fair to say I work for myself and could limit my hours and have a lay down as and when I felt the need – Rebirth is right it’s not the pain so much as the tiredness and sudden total lack of energy during the early days ~ as things progress the ‘flagging’ does subside.

Last edited:
Tbh I feel quite let down with my company not giving me as sick leave however that said my managers been fAntastic I have got the advice from union as well ad hr they say because it's selective I don't reallywant to cause any probs by complaining as may make myself look like a trouble maker why If I have any problems would that be sick or unpaid I cannot afford any more time off xx

Tbh I feel quite let down with my company not giving me as sick leave however that said my managers been fAntastic I have got the advice from union as well ad hr they say because it's selective I don't reallywant to cause any probs by complaining as may make myself look like a trouble maker why If I have any problems would that be sick or unpaid I cannot afford any more time off xx

the way i see it is ........by having the op you are giving them the best way of keeping you working longer and healthier ..........the longer you are larger the more chance you have of diabetes/heart trouble starting ...........i've had two incidences of absenteeism through my diabetes (both were foot ulcers one of which was turning gangrene............ luckily i kept my toe)

Honesty is without the best policy. . . I think it is important that you employer knows you are having an op for all sorts of safety and legal reasons. Also close friends and family should also be in the know ~ you will be surprised by the level of support your get (apart from maybe the odd jealous one . . . normally someone who is overweight!) I had open RNY on the Tuesday and came out of hospital on the Friday ~ my other half is a nurse so I was well looked after. I returned to work the following Monday though it is fair to say I work for myself and could limit my hours and have a lay down as and when I felt the need – Rebirth is right it’s not the pain so much as the tiredness and sudden total lack of energy during the early days ~ as things progress the ‘flagging’ does subside.

i think everyone i work and at home with knows i'm going to have my op ..............i have a bigger support base that way ;)

Back