• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 weeks till 1st appointment

xk1rstyx

Im so excited to have an appointment date to look forward to just a shame its 15 weeks away. Im scared, nervous and excited all at one. Will be going to walsall manor anyone else close by and at same stage as me. Would b nice to av some buddys for my journey.
Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty
Are you having to do weight management or is this for your surgery ?? I have my 1st appointment on the 9th of July x

Hi Kirsty
Are you having to do weight management or is this for your surgery ?? I have my 1st appointment on the 9th of July x

Hi foxy i am not entirely sure iv tried lots over the years inc meds and the gp has worked closely with me so can back up my diet history. Iv also got records of weight watchers and slimming world dating back to 2006. Iv been told that i will see the whole team inc surgeon on first appointmen. 2nd app will b with psycologist, 3rd with dietician and 4th app anesatist and pre op. They have said i will have to attend a group session this is with other patients to talk about diets, surgery options and what to expext after surgery. My gp says could b as quick as 6 months from 1st app to surgery. I hope so. What hospital are you at hun x

I'm going to Luton and Dunstable mine is definitely just to discuss weight management even though docs have proof of my weight loss and gain over the years my bmi is 42.9 but I do have co morbiditys so I'm not sure how long it will take to do what they want, wow yours sound like you know exactly what's going to happen I feel clueless at the moment xx

They gave me a break down of what will happen on my letter and says i must have atleast 4 appointments. What department have you been referred? My bmi is 40.6 and i have no comorbids as such. I do have asthma and artritis and suffer with joint pain especially in my hips and legs but that doesnt count under the criteria but cuz my bmi is over 40 i qualify with out comorbids. Iv been told what to expect but knowing my luck they will tell me to do 6 months weight management lol. I hope not tho. I am expecting them to set me a target of 5% to lose which will b 12lb but im sure i can manage that. I called the surgeons secretary to ask about funding and she said my application has been accepted so i defo qualify for the surgery and they dont need to apply for my funding as the funding is already there. My appointments are jus to make me aware of what to expect, help me choose the right surgery and see that i am fit for surgery. I had post natal depression after my last baby 4 years ago and still take a maintenance dose i jus hope this doesnt slow the process down. May need an extra session with the psyc doc to show im not bonkers haha. My gp says it wont b a problem x

Wow that sounds great where are you going too?? Arthritis is a co morbidity I'm so confused why I've been asked to do a year then I hope when I see them they will under stand how much arthritis is kicking my butt fatigue and pain I'm struggling to work my full time job and look after my daughter and general housework too (single mum) I know we get bad rep but I've worked full time all the way through she's going to be 13 soon (nightmare age) I will struggle but I will get there I put on 4 stone since the pain took me years to get it off although still being classed as morbidly obese at my lowest weight 14.9 stone. I'm so excited for you seems we are quiet similar with illness and what we want .

Emma x

Hi im going to walsall manor hospital. They seem to jus get on with the process from what i can gather less hoops to jump through. Im so excited i jus wish my appointment time would hurry up lol. I have 3 children aged 11,7 & 4. They keep me very busy and i also work a lot but im lucky to have a supportive husband. He's the only person iv told about surgery. Im worried my family wont understand. He doesn't really understand but he's still supporting me and im trying to get him to read up on the procedure. Where do you live hun x

Good luck Hun x

Hi Hun

I am a pre-oper. My surgery date is July 23rd at Worcester Royal Hospital under Mr Robinson . I am having the sleeve procedure. I was so undecided on whether to have the sleeve or bypass, I opted for the sleeve in the end because I think it will work well for me. I am excited but nervous at the same time.

I'm using my time now to read up and research as much as I can and this site is amazing.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and hearing all about your journey.

Good luck

Xx

Best of everything to you all . I am not due for surgery until August 13 . I have many weight related problems , diabetes , high blood pressure , I use a Cpap machine , ect. . I cannot wait until August and I hope there are no compilations for any of us .

Good luck for August Mike.

Are you having a bypass or sleeve?

Exciting times ahead!

Looking forward to reading about your progress

Best of everything to you all . I am not due for surgery until August 13 . I have many weight related problems , diabetes , high blood pressure , I use a Cpap machine , ect. . I cannot wait until August and I hope there are no compilations for any of us .

Good luck mike august will soon be here. What hospital are you at?

Hi Hun

I am a pre-oper. My surgery date is July 23rd at Worcester Royal Hospital under Mr Robinson . I am having the sleeve procedure. I was so undecided on whether to have the sleeve or bypass, I opted for the sleeve in the end because I think it will work well for me. I am excited but nervous at the same time.

I'm using my time now to read up and research as much as I can and this site is amazing.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and hearing all about your journey.

Good luck

Xx

Its hard to choose. I always said would only have a band n that the bypass was too extreme but when i researched more after id really decided i was ready for wls i didnt like the idea of the refill port and that its so much follow up. So thought about bypass. When i compared bypass to sleeve i was 100% that the sleeve was the best option. It has less risk of longterm probs like dumping a reflux and some people who have a band end up converting to a sleeve further down the line. Its faster recovery that a bypass as well. So im gna opt for the sleeve and hope the surgeon agrees with me. X

I am sure the surgeon will agree with you Hun.

When I had met my surgeon he briefly discussed the bypass and sleeve and asked what I thought and I said I would like the sleeve and he said that he would respect my decision. He also daisy I can change my mind if I wish. Although, I am set on there sleeve now because it feels right for me.

Let me know how you get on and all the best xx

I am sure the surgeon will agree with you Hun.

When I had met my surgeon he briefly discussed the bypass and sleeve and asked what I thought and I said I would like the sleeve and he said that he would respect my decision. He also daisy I can change my mind if I wish. Although, I am set on there sleeve now because it feels right for me.

Let me know how you get on and all the best xx

Thanks i will keep u posted. Wont really have much to update with till my appointment 25th september. Going to stay on forum tho as other peoples journeys and experiences are great to help me prepare and understand x

Hi Kirsty,
For some reason I'm similar I've only told my mum dad and step mum they keep asking me if they can come to appointment and I feel I don't know that I want to do it alone for me and that other people I know won't understand why I want it or will judge me??? It so odd no idea why I think that x

Hi Kirsty,
For some reason I'm similar I've only told my mum dad and step mum they keep asking me if they can come to appointment and I feel I don't know that I want to do it alone for me and that other people I know won't understand why I want it or will judge me??? It so odd no idea why I think that x

Iv not even told my parents and im not going till until i get my surgery date. They wouldnt forgive me if i had any kind of op with out telling them. I know people will b negative and say its the lazy option or a quick fix but thats jus their ignorance. Tbh i used to think the same way till i researched it all properly and realised how mush of a mental and physical journey wls patients have to go on. Its far from easy from what iv learned. Im tryin not to think about appointment too much as its so far away but im failing aa its all i can think about and im constantly on here reading and chatting. Gna try focus on my hol 1st august then when i get back will only b like 7 or 8 weeks away so will b half way there lol. How you getting on in your journey x

First appointment for weight management on the 9th July, I think I've been put on for a year unfairly but I will tow the line lol, where you going on holiday sounds wicked

First appointment for weight management on the 9th July, I think I've been put on for a year unfairly but I will tow the line lol, where you going on holiday sounds wicked

Werr going to a holiday village on france called Belle Dune its beautiful and very gd value its much cheaper than a week at a butlins in this country. Its got inside and outside water parks and a park. Its lots of houses built around a lake and woodland area looks very beautiful i cant wait.
I think its unfair your having to do weight mamagement. Have you ever been prescribed medication by gp to help you lose weight x

Back