• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 weeks till 1st appointment

Thanks for the well wishes . I am having a bypass I have many things wrong due to weight , diabetes , high blood pressure , sleep apnea , use Cpap , etc. . I can wait until August .

Thanks for the well wishes . I am having a bypass I have many things wrong due to weight , diabetes , high blood pressure , sleep apnea , use Cpap , etc. . I can wait until August .

Where are you having your surgery iv probably already asked you. Theres so many threads to read its hard to keep up lol.

I am having it done at St Joe's hospital in Syracuse , New York by Dr Graber . Thanks for asking I get excited just thinking about surgery being just around the corner .

I am having it done at St Joe's hospital in Syracuse , New York by Dr Graber . Thanks for asking I get excited just thinking about surgery being just around the corner .

Well good luck with everything and keep us updated with your progress x

Hi congrats on the date, you must be so excited! I had my first appointment on 18th December and I'm having my by-pass next Thursday so currently doing my pre-op diet. Mine took just over 6mths but I had to have a camera down my throat due to pre-existing reflux. Try to start to loose weight as you have to loose between 5-10% body weight by surgery date hun, I'm having mine at Homerton in London and they all seem lovely. Good luck and any questions don't hesitate to message me, if I can help I will.

Kel xx

I will , reading and writing posts keeps me occupied and not thinking about being head hungry and I like reading about other people's journeys . You keep posting how you are doing too .

I took my friend with me on my first app then decided to go on my own with the rest as I only had my own opinions to deal with, I've had family and friends mostly positive but a few negatives too! Ignore the negatives your doing this for you, you are the only person who has struggled with your weigh issues. Xx

It won't be long now Kel you will be in and out before you know it . I wish you a fast recovery with no compilation .

Hi congrats on the date, you must be so excited! I had my first appointment on 18th December and I'm having my by-pass next Thursday so currently doing my pre-op diet. Mine took just over 6mths but I had to have a camera down my throat due to pre-existing reflux. Try to start to loose weight as you have to loose between 5-10% body weight by surgery date hun, I'm having mine at Homerton in London and they all seem lovely. Good luck and any questions don't hesitate to message me, if I can help I will.

Kel xx

Hi kel well done on getting so far into joirney you must b feeling all kinds of emotions atm. As my bmi is 40.6 and the criteria is 40 or above if i lose jus 5 pound it will put me below 40 so outside criteria so im scared they might change mind. I have been told iv got funding n qualify for aurgery as i am so dont wanna change anythin till iv been seen and let them set me a target.
Im jus scared about psyciatrist cuz i had post natal depression 4 years ago n was quite bad but now im in a great place and have come so far. Only thing im unhappy with in my life is weight and the affects it has on me. I still take a maintenance dose of anti depressant jus to keep me on track.

Kirsty x

Last edited:
I will , reading and writing posts keeps me occupied and not thinking about being head hungry and I like reading about other people's journeys . You keep posting how you are doing too .

Ssme for me all i do is read up n research lol.

Thanks Kirsty.

After your first appointment they will ask you to loose this but don't do it before as it may affect their decision. I'm just really excited at the mo, re the phyc I didn't have to see one, I sat a Bariatric nurse who filled in a long question pack with me, had my bloods, weight, BMI and ECG. Then 2nd app saw my surgeon, since then I have attended group therapy session monthly until my pre-op last Thursday. Good luck and be positive I was worried all the time till I got the go ahead last week. Xx

Thanks Kirsty.

After your first appointment they will ask you to loose this but don't do it before as it may affect their decision. I'm just really excited at the mo, re the phyc I didn't have to see one, I sat a Bariatric nurse who filled in a long question pack with me, had my bloods, weight, BMI and ECG. Then 2nd app saw my surgeon, since then I have attended group therapy session monthly until my pre-op last Thursday. Good luck and be positive I was worried all the time till I got the go ahead last week. Xx

Thanks for the advice. If i put my rational head on i know it will all be fine and go ahead but my crazy head cant believe i could be so lucky to this on the nhs and that someones gna say actually nah u cant have it haha. Im gna enjoy the next few weeks have our little family holiday august thn focus on making sure my bmi is still 40.6 for september. N lose the holiday weight haha
Are you gna do a post op diary.

Kirsty xx

Yeah me too - I'm getting obsessed!!

Thanks for the advice. If i put my rational head on i know it will all be fine and go ahead but my crazy head cant believe i could be so lucky to this on the nhs and that someones gna say actually nah u cant have it haha. Im gna enjoy the next few weeks have our little family holiday august thn focus on making sure my bmi is still 40.6 for september. N lose the holiday weight haha Are you gna do a post op diary. Kirsty xx

Yeah I think so just waiting on my internet to be fixed then I'll start one, my phone won't let me do it ? xx have a fab holiday then welcome to the exciting world of WLS xxx

Yeah me too - I'm getting obsessed!!

It takes over your life doesn't it. It's all I can think about at the moment. By the time my date comes round I'll b able to perform the op myself with all the research iv done haha x

I know Hun me too x

Ive just ordered a Gastric Sleeve book off Amazon to read as well.

Hi kirsty,
Wow your holiday sounds great indoor and outdoor water parks wicked, never heard anything like that bah centre parks type thing, I thought it was unfair too but I will do what ever it takes, only two months for you now nearly x

Hi kirsty,
Wow your holiday sounds great indoor and outdoor water parks wicked, never heard anything like that bah centre parks type thing, I thought it was unfair too but I will do what ever it takes, only two months for you now nearly x

It is a hoeseasons Europe one hun I never know they did em but glad I found it. Booked it through Pierre vacancies was a bargain x

I know Hun me too x

Ive just ordered a Gastric Sleeve book off Amazon to read as well.

Why book u order hun I want the ultimate gastric sleeve success off amazon. Xx

Yes that's the one I've ordered x

Back