• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 weeks till 1st appointment

Why do you need open surgery Hun? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Lisa I have previously had a flyer de lys tummy tuck Inc muscle repair in 2009 when I went into hospital to be sterilised in 2013 it should of been a keyhole day case but I woke up in agony and was transferred to another hospital and they explained that due to all the scarring from previous operations and the muscle repair they jus couldn't get through so opened me up like a c section had about a 6 inch scar across my bikini line so most likely they won't b able to do keyhole but least me and them are prepared for it.

Kirsty xx

I'm at Salford royal in Manchester hun, I had the appointment which u have had today back in July so I've got my fingers crossed that it's not gonna be too much of a wait as surgeon told me 2-3 months and that was 2 months ago now.
Did u feel as tho all what u wanted to ask got answered? Xx

Well I felt like it was a little bit of a waste as I didn't learn anything new but that's a good thing in a way jus shows how well iv researched and that I'm fully aware of what's involved. They have said it's usually 6 months wait but it's a bit longer atm so maybe 8 months but I don't mind waiting now I know I'm 100% getting the op done. They said will discuss more at the group session which will hopefully be before Xmas so jus gotta wait a few weeks for my appointment letters to start coming in post. Can't wait to get Xmas out the way now tho I'm so excited.
Wow maybe only a month for you then that's amazing.

Kirsty xx

Hi Lisa I have previously had a flyer de lys tummy tuck Inc muscle repair in 2009 when I went into hospital to be sterilised in 2013 it should of been a keyhole day case but I woke up in agony and was transferred to another hospital and they explained that due to all the scarring from previous operations and the muscle repair they jus couldn't get through so opened me up like a c section had about a 6 inch scar across my bikini line so most likely they won't b able to do keyhole but least me and them are prepared for it. Kirsty xx

Hi Hun

I thought they may have to do my sleeve through the open method as I've had a lot of different abdominal surgeries; including a tummy tuck, appendicectomy and two sections, but in the end they managed to do it keyhole.

Xx

Hi Hun

I thought they may have to do my sleeve through the open method as I've had a lot of different abdominal surgeries; including a tummy tuck, appendicectomy and two sections, but in the end they managed to do it keyhole.

Xx

That's good to know Lisa I'm hoping they can do keyhole but if I know there's a chance I'm going to have open I can be prepared as we I came round from surgery last time was a massive shock and the hospital wasn't equipped to look after me as was for day cases only so had to be transferred was jus a lot of stress.

Kirsty xx

I agree Hun. I was mentally prepared for open and having the keyhole was a massive bonus. You will be fine. Exciting times ahead xx

I agree Hun. I was mentally prepared for open and having the keyhole was a massive bonus. You will be fine. Exciting times ahead xx

I know I can't wait now. Gna b waiting for the post to come every day now with my next appointment dates. Hope the next 6 months fly by. Iv got to focus on losing my 5% target and getting Christmas done with my kids then after Xmas should all be happening

Kirsty xx

Wow so jus got some exciting news I was told my next appointment wouldn't be till after Xmas with the psychiatrist but jus had a phone call to say my appointment is the 20th November so only 2 months away. I'm so shocked. But that also means iv got to hit the weight loss target they set me in 2 months as well. I have to lose a stone which I'm sure I will manage. Time to get me head in the game for real now. So shocked it'd so soon. Jus waiting on group seminar appointment and also for appointment with surgeon go sort out consent etc.

Kirsty xx

Wow so jus got some exciting news I was told my next appointment wouldn't be till after Xmas with the psychiatrist but jus had a phone call to say my appointment is the 20th November so only 2 months away. I'm so shocked. But that also means iv got to hit the weight loss target they set me in 2 months as well. I have to lose a stone which I'm sure I will manage. Time to get me head in the game for real now. So shocked it'd so soon. Jus waiting on group seminar appointment and also for appointment with surgeon go sort out consent etc. Kirsty xx
Yay wow that is awsome X

Mines going well kind of, I've done a four week milk diet lost 9.7% of my body weight 15kg / 2.5 stone from a 46 bmi to 40.6 bmi I've had my sleep apnea test and no I don't have it so I've passed every hoop! Now its maintenance and portion time not my best suite but I should be able to do it till may then as the nurse said I can be referred for surgery I have to be careful I don't loose much more or I will no longer be eligible but I do have xo morbiditys so hopefully I'll be ok, bet you can't wait for your next appointment ?

Mines going well kind of, I've done a four week milk diet lost 9.7% of my body weight 15kg / 2.5 stone from a 46 bmi to 40.6 bmi I've had my sleep apnea test and no I don't have it so I've passed every hoop! Now its maintenance and portion time not my best suite but I should be able to do it till may then as the nurse said I can be referred for surgery I have to be careful I don't loose much more or I will no longer be eligible but I do have xo morbiditys so hopefully I'll be ok, bet you can't wait for your next appointment ?

Wow they are really making u jump through the hoops. Iv jus gotta lose 5% which is a stone then I'm gd for surgery. Every where is different I suppose as long as we get to the surgery they how isn't that important.

Yh I'm so excited for my next appointment I think I will have the group seminar around the same time also. Should move pretty fast after Xmas I hope

Kirsty xx

Hi everyone jus to let you know iv started a diary over in pre op not hope to see u all there

Kirsty xx

Back