• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sleeve me please

Happy Sunday everyone.

I've fully enjoyed my week of plan but now it's time to get serious. Even though I was told that I didn't need to lose the 10percent as I have already dropped it I know it will only help me in the long term so tomorrow I will be logging my food intake on here. My real slimming journey starts tomorrow. I've worked out that weekdays will be 100percent on plan and weekends I will allow for some treats. like this weekend coming it's my daughters 2nd birthday and many things planned for her and I plan to enjoy but at the same time take into account how much I consume!!!

Have a good week everyone Xxx

I would not say today has been that healthy but no fast food involved.

brekkie was boiled eggs, bagel, ham and wholemeal toast x4 (small loaf)

lunch was nothing but picking at things, so crisps, funsize chocolate bar, 2chicken nuggets.

dinner was a HUGH plate of carbonara.....

So writing it down just shows me how rubbish today's been.

Roll on tomorrow

So I received a call from the hospital regarding the by band research team and asked me a few questions and will be sending some more information to me in the post.
Unsure how I would really feel a few about getting a band if I decide to do this but all about researching and getting as much information as possible.

Food wise pretty much sucked.

MUST DO BETTER!!!!!

Writing it all down can be more difficult to deal with sometimes than we might expect but stick with it, it's all part of your research and preparation. Plus I still do it partly to track my protein grams and fluid intake and also to ensure the right gap is left between food and fluid.
My understanding of the studies is you can back out at any time and I think I'd have turned down a band. I wanted something permanent :) it sounds like you're getting plenty of information together x

Hi all.

Excuse the lack of posts. Dealing with a relationship breakdown and my daughters 2nd birthday has proved difficult.

My daughters had an amazing weekend.

Cinema, zoo , TGI Friday and a party she was truly spoiled rothen.

As for the rest let's say I'm dealing with it and food has been a comfort for me unfortunately but new week tomorrow so will head down to get the shop in for the week and look forwards not backwards.
Hope all is well

Jj

Hi all.

Excuse the lack of posts. Dealing with a relationship breakdown and my daughters 2nd birthday has proved difficult.

My daughters had an amazing weekend.

Cinema, zoo , TGI Friday and a party she was truly spoiled rothen.

As for the rest let's say I'm dealing with it and food has been a comfort for me unfortunately but new week tomorrow so will head down to get the shop in for the week and look forwards not backwards.
Hope all is well

Jj
Our brains don't change overnight when we decide to do this, particularly when faced with significant emotional challenges. Sorry to hear you have had a relationship breakdown. :( You will find on this forum that we don't only talk about WLS and food, but also all the things in our lives that contribute to our emotional/comfort eating. You can be pretty sure that whatever you are struggling with, if you talk about it on here, you will find someone who understands and can offer support. :hugs:

You don't have to apologise x
Talk to us when you can and look after yourself x

Hope you are doing ok?

Hi All,

Thank you for the comments has been hard and a ongoing situation but it's something I just need to deal with and facter into my life.

I have finally started the slimfast 123 plan. the chocolate shake was lovely so for now I am hopeful.

Have a great day everyone

Jj x

Morning All,

So yesterday went pretty well but today has not even started and already want to eat the world!!!.

My daughter is going out with her dad for the 1st time alone and I just feel so sad and unhappy but I know that this will be the way forward from now on but it's so new just want to sit on the sofa and cry then eat and watche a movie. As much as I know it's not good for me for that moment it makes me feel better until she come home.

Hope your day went ok @jj87 i know it is tough but try to find another focus to make you feel better and distract yourself.

Oh no, so sorry. Its bloomin hard all those first times after a break up but pretty soon you'll be able to see it as some you time.

Be kind to yourself :hugs:

Hi all. Hope everyone is well.

I received a letter from the homerton staing I needed to start taking vitamin D, B12 and serum folate as my blood test came back that these were low. Anyone else had anything like this before surgery as I know after surgery you then have to start taking more vitamins?...

Hi all. Hope everyone is well.

I received a letter from the homerton staing I needed to start taking vitamin D, B12 and serum folate as my blood test came back that these were low. Anyone else had anything like this before surgery as I know after surgery you then have to start taking more vitamins?...
Given the poor diets of many of us needing WLS, it is very likely that most of us will have had some nutritional deficiencies before surgery, unless we/our GP's have had them checked regularly, either because we have other long term health conditions, or we have annual MOT's.

It is good that they have picked this up before your surgery as it means you should be starting from a good baseline post-op. I was told by my dietitian that I would have to wait 6 months post-op before my bloods could be taken (money saving!) but I persuaded my GP to do it after 3 months before I started on B12 injections, so it was clear where all my levels were at, before they dropped too low following the difficulties I (and many others on here have had) with taking the Forceval in the first few weeks. Having suffered in the past from unpicked up low Vit D levels (most of us have lower Vit D in the winter anyway,) and iron levels that caused muscle problems, I am much more assertive now about bloods being checked regularly.

Given the poor diets of many of us needing WLS, it is very likely that most of us will have had some nutritional deficiencies before surgery, unless we/our GP's have had them checked regularly, either because we have other long term health conditions, or we have annual MOT's.

It is good that they have picked this up before your surgery as it means you should be starting from a good baseline post-op. I was told by my dietitian that I would have to wait 6 months post-op before my bloods could be taken (money saving!) but I persuaded my GP to do it after 3 months before I started on B12 injections, so it was clear where all my levels were at, before they dropped too low following the difficulties I (and many others on here have had) with taking the Forceval in the first few weeks. Having suffered in the past from unpicked up low Vit D levels (most of us have lower Vit D in the winter anyway,) and iron levels that caused muscle problems, I am much more assertive now about bloods being checked regularly.
I was surprised as I've not seen a consultant yet regarding surgery just had the assessment so surly this can only be a good thing into the lead up to being given the funding... well I hope so anyway. thank you for your reply xx

Hi sorry to but in. I'm new on here and I'm about the same place I think had the frist few assessments. The surgeon said it would go up for discussion. I got a letting on the 14 of January about taking vitamin D and muit vitamins. And haven heard a thing till I decided to call them today and mine is going up on the 8 of march for discussion. Had my very first appointment at homerton on the 21 of October 2016. This is were im stuck cos I don't really know what's next.

Hi sorry to but in. I'm new on here and I'm about the same place I think had the frist few assessments. The surgeon said it would go up for discussion. I got a letting on the 14 of January about taking vitamin D and muit vitamins. And haven heard a thing till I decided to call them today and mine is going up on the 8 of march for discussion. Had my very first appointment at homerton on the 21 of October 2016. This is were im stuck cos I don't really know what's next.
Hill. sorry for late reply unfortunately I am no help as I am even yet to see the consultant. I was given an appointment just for the nurse and the group session. I guess when they took my nloods then they informed me just to get me on track. how r u getting on?

Hi all. well I've been eatingbuy life away. only 6weeks left now till my next appointment... what to do. slimming world slim fast or calorie counting..... I need to drop some serious pounds

Back