• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sleeve me please

Well it seems it was a that there was an error and got a call back asking to come ASAP!!!... Meeting went well if all goes well should be around 6months till op xxx

Well that's good but these things can have such an effect on how you feel!
How you are feeling about it all now?

Well done on the 1 lb loss @jj87 :0clapper:
By the way I love the profile pic...reminds me of me at gym...lol. But, we'll both be that unicorn soon!
Good Luck on your journey x

Toni:rainbow:

Hey. quick question. did u need to have that camera down your throat. can't think who's it's called. I will be getting discussed soon at the MDT and just wondered if that's something that gets discussed there.
Try to be mindful until your appt :) a lot of water weight will drop off x

Do u knowwhat would make them think you need it??. My app with the surgeon went really well and she seemed to think that I would be a straight forward case no major concerns xx

Possibly gastric reflux symptoms. If they haven't mentioned it to you as of yet it seems unlikely :) xx
Hey hope your well.. I had a quick question for you. my case goes in front of the MDT this week. Do you know how soon after that meeting you found out the next steps. xx

Anything you ask really.. Just ask if u got accepted for surgery or if there are more hurdles to get through x
so if accepted with no other hurdles then how long is the wait.... did u have to wait very long once you was cleared for surgery. x

Depends on waiting lists. I ended up waiting 7 months, although it should only have been 18 weeks max. Depends on hospital and also what other procedures your surgeon performs. Mine was done in the same clinic as cancer patients, so they obviously always took priority.

Whole process from GP referral to surgery date was 21 months. I know York is quicker (well it was last year) as it was offered as an option to me when I had got to 6 months on the waiting list but distance was too much, not only for people giving me lifts before and after surgery and visiting, but because I would have had to go there for the next two years for follow up. I think it was something to do with it not being a training hospital unlike St James in Leeds.

Well fast forward afew months and yes I have my date. 18th July I will be sleeved...... One of my main concern is that my personality will change and I won't be as fun and outrageous as I am know. Other aspects of my personality I hope will change as I am a very much go hard or go home person but I believe I am like that because I lack confidence in myself so if I do think someone likes me I go OTT which then ruins it anyway as I'm too much to handle as I cling on as I do feel because of my weight that any interest I have to hold on tight but unfortunately ive learnt my lesson regarding that now. If anyone has any tips for me then please contact me. Thanks for reading.

Congratulations!

Back