• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A band for me x

That's brilliant over Chrsitmas to have lost. I bet you were really chuffed. It's definitely helping you then

In total I have lost just under two stone but that's including the pre op diet as well. A stone of that has been in the last month.

Restriction is wearing off a bit so I might need one more small fill.

Well done think mine is 1 stone 10 including pre op just annoyed because before my first fill when I could eat again I put ten pound back on so if I'd of controlled myself I'd be lighter lol. How much do you have in now? X

I have put on about that every time in between fills. I have been up and down I just want to get to a point where I am consistent.

I have 7mls in now x

Hi guys. Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I don't catch up on here as much as I should. Well done on the loss both of you. Sounds like you're getting there X I've had 2 fills now and I'm feeling a bit confused and maybe a bit of a failure. I lost about 19lb between Op and first fill- I put 6 back on over Xmas I've just had second fill and I'm still eating. I'm about a stone down from before pre op. I've got 5.25mla in and next fill booked. I can tell I have a band, I can feel my port, if I eat too much my stomach swells. I haven't really had any stuck episodes, but I do feel full eventually - I can eat more than I should eat. I still eat the wrong stuff , I find eating and not drinking hard (especially on a morning), I

Argh sorry - mobile app and big fingers ... Pressed send by accident!

Anyway it's good to read you're doing well. :)

X

I have put on about that every time in between fills. I have been up and down I just want to get to a point where I am consistent. I have 7mls in now x

You're still going down though Tracey which is great.

Plus it's good to know I'm not the only one who is going up and down ... ;-) X

Hi sundown,

Yes I am definitely up and down. Don't worry we will get there. It took me three fills before I lost weight after the initial op loss. I need that restriction as my brain has not been trained yet that I need to cut down which if it did know that then I wouldn't have been in this position so I am not being too hard on myself X

Keep going it may be that you need one or even two more fills to get to the point where you need to be.
I am finding now that I can't eat what I want. Bread is a no really along with pasta. I loved these before so it is just coming to terms with the fact I can't eat them anymore.

What are you eating on a typical day X have you tried to keep an eye on calories at all

Hi Tracey,

Exactly - if we could've done it any other way we would have. I think I was just derailed by Christmas and completely got off track with all the bad stuff and now I have to give it up again. I don't even really know what I'm eating every day, and I wasn't counting calories at all. It's weird when I'm off the rails I just don't pay any attention to anything good at all .... It's like I go out if my way to eat the bad stuff!

Anyway, being a veggie I have tended to eat a lot of cheese but cheese is fattening and easy to get down. I think I had been eating and drinking. Snacking not drinking. And eating too much slider stuff. So been shopping today. Decided I'm back on the wagon as of today.

Attempted a pasty at lunchtime had 2 bites and my first stuck episode - ouch did not like that. So ate no more of that!

I suppose I've not really been eating properly with the band yet so it's time to try. I still eat less than I did before, so that's got to be good.

Anyway I'm rambling now .. Sorry

Good luck with it

:)

I completely agree with everything you have said. When I am not eating well or following a plan there is no gods stuff that I eat at all. It's as though I make the most of not being on a plan or diet.

Try and eat meals cos that is when I find that I struggle to eat too much. I am definitely eating and drinking less than before so it's definitely doing something.

I am a veggie to and at the moment can't eat pasta so am struggling what to eat. Most linch times I just make tuna mixed with mayo as I can't face trying anything else.

Am going to make a proper food plan this week X

I think a good plan is good and sundown they say it takes between 4 and 6 fills I've had 4 n only got 5.5 in. I've had loads of stuck /pbing episodes. I've not had bread since my last fill but I had started to struggle with it before but pasta and rice n everything else goes down quite well. I booked a holiday for may yesterday so I'm using that as motivation. X

I'm the same Tracey I just don't really know what to eat. I love veggies n veggie gravy at this time of year but the nurse said they're too much like slider food. I lost a lot if weight earlier in 2015 with cutting out pasta etc and we're supposed to do 1/4 carbs 1/ 4 veg and 1/2 protein on the plate (I think). Well my protein is usually erm cheese (not good) erm quorn (very occasionally I don't really like it) erm occasionally chick peas and or tofu. I married a chef (now separated) so I'm not the greatest cook!

I did buy stuff for a stir fry yesterday thought I'd give that a go. Lots of veggies and I can make a veggie stew.

I've heard that too Lalole about it takes a while. It's got to be better than we were cos we can't be eating as much at all. It's just when you see people who've lost loads since the op and they went in the same time as you - you know ... But we're all different and it's not s race it's a change for life :)

My nurse said write down what I'm eating for her. So I am going to give it a go. But she did keep suggesting meat alternatives and I was like noo I'm still vegetarian ;-)

Maybe posting up what we are having meal planning etc will help? I've no idea today. I'm very good at organising at work but home I find hard especially with food. I lost 2 stone after Xmas last year but i did meal replacement cos I'm that bad at deciding what to eat! Lol X

Are you calorie counting? I used mfp last year.

Anyway sorry rambling again :)

I did start off using MFP. But I don't anymore, I know I'm eating a lot less than I was so I'm just going to see how much I lose in the next few weeks then I might try calorie counting again but at the minute I'm trying not to be on a diet as such just eat healthier n less of the crap x

Yes I am using Mfp. I have only really been using it recently. I think I will join you with writing down what I eat. I am going to try and stick to the same breakfast and lunches next week so I don't have to think too much.

Today so far I have had 2 quorn sausages with 1/4 of a tin or spaghetti. As you can see my culinary skills are non exsistent aswell lol

stir fried sounds good. I use quorn pieces, veg and then just ginger and soy sauce splashed on X

Hi

I am ok thank you. How are you? Have not been watching what I eat at all but managed to lose half a stone in Jan. None in Feb yet . Have good days and bad days. I am trying to work out what the best things for me to eat are. I have lost the plot a bit.

Hi I don't think I need another fill. I am not sure. I am struggling to eat quite a lot of things. I'm just finding that all I can really eat are snacky foods. Some days I can do sandwiches

I can't eat bread at all any more gutted haha. I find I'm snacking quite a bit. A meal will fill me but not for hours so I'm looking for something to stop the hunger n it's normally chocolate. I struggle with most fruit too. Have you spoke to the dietician? X

No I haven't actually. I have fallen out of the loop really. No one rings me so I have sort of forgotten about the support. I think I will give them a call. I am feeling a bit lost. I find I can eat crisps and chocolate but fruit is really hard. What sort of things are you eating

I've still not got the best diet but the weight seems to be coming off me, I dont have breakfast anymore, i occasionally have the odd bowl of cereal but very rare, I've never really liked cereal always had toast for breakfast and I can't eat bread any more or toast. I've started a new job and im really busy and only have a microwave so I've been eating alot of ready meals like weight watchers or bisto or low low, they're not the best but fill a hole haha, if im lucky and have time I make a jacket potatoe with beans and cheese. Tea varies, I have been having spag bol, sunday roast, actifry chips with crispy chicken, gammon and veg, Ive also had the odd takeaway but I'm not too bothered about that as Im still losing and I can't eat even a third of what I used to. I do snack too much though, usually chocolate, I used to be addicted to crisp but they don't go down the same I really have to take my time with them so I don't enjoy them as much which is a good thing, just have to avoid wotsits and quavers them type of crisp cos they go down fine. I have been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and generally have between 1100-1600 calories a day but I'd say about 400 of them calories are snacks but im losing steadily at the min 2-3 pound a week. Just before my fill last week for almost a week I didn't track my calories and didn't lose anything that week so it does seem to kep me on track.
You should call the dietician see if she can give you some advice, maybe a face to face meeting might be better so you can have a proper chat. x

Back