• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Chance to Start Again

Hi @OkieGirl , I had the same issues as you coming off the milk diet. Use those positive things that you and others have noticed to help you through the small stuff. Keep focused and well done.

Thanks Ian. It's reassuring to know it's not just me!

So two weeks on from my last appointment and I've lost another 4lbs since then bringing me to a total of 25lbs gone. I guess I've been doing better about my portion control than I thought! At this point, I'm nearly at the same weight I was when I had my twins 13 (nearly 14!) years ago. Tonight I jokingly said to my husband I'd love to get back to my high school weight... which was 325, lol! I probably was the largest of my classmates but what's really weird is that when I see pictures or videos of me from around that time I almost look thin! I know I wasn't, but compared to my current size, I guess I was.

Anyhow, I'm keeping well enough and am feeling pretty pleased all in all with my progress.

So two weeks on from my last appointment and I've lost another 4lbs since then bringing me to a total of 25lbs gone. I guess I've been doing better about my portion control than I thought! At this point, I'm nearly at the same weight I was when I had my twins 13 (nearly 14!) years ago. Tonight I jokingly said to my husband I'd love to get back to my high school weight... which was 325, lol! I probably was the largest of my classmates but what's really weird is that when I see pictures or videos of me from around that time I almost look thin! I know I wasn't, but compared to my current size, I guess I was.

Anyhow, I'm keeping well enough and am feeling pretty pleased all in all with my progress.
Well done xx

Excellent, very well done to you, you certainly should feel extremely proud of yourself, I’m so pleased for you xxx

You ate doing fab hunny xxx

Thanks @Bling Babe and @Lottiewishes! I am feeling pretty proud of myself, to be honest. It's so weird. The number of times I've tried to lose weight... I don't even understand why it's clicking this time. I suppose the thought that there's light at the end of the tunnel and that I want it so badly that I'm working doubly hard.

It's showing hunny how hard you are working my lovely on them scales. Xxx

This is so great! You should feel pleased with yourself you're doing amazing. I see a thing on facebook sometimes that says "i wish i was as fat as i was the first time i thought i was fat" and it's so true! I went to Tenerife when i was 16 and even back then i had to have a seat belt extension so i was big but i look at those pictures now and find myself wishing i was that weight again because it's still a lot less than i am now!
For you to know now though that you're nearly at a weight you were over 13 years ago is such a great achievement. You'll be passing your high school weight in no time! :D Xx

This is so great! You should feel pleased with yourself you're doing amazing. I see a thing on facebook sometimes that says "i wish i was as fat as i was the first time i thought i was fat" and it's so true! I went to Tenerife when i was 16 and even back then i had to have a seat belt extension so i was big but i look at those pictures now and find myself wishing i was that weight again because it's still a lot less than i am now!
For you to know now though that you're nearly at a weight you were over 13 years ago is such a great achievement. You'll be passing your high school weight in no time! :D Xx

When my husband and I first got married in 1999, depending on the plane, I could just about get the seat belt around me at 350lbs. I can't wait until I don't need a seat belt extension at all! I can't wait to get to and then under my high school weight!

I also had a NSV today in that I had to move my car set a bit further forward today because I felt really far away from the pedals and the steering wheel. I also had a lady ask me tonight how much I've lost so far (I pretty much have told EVERYONE at my church) and I told her and she congratulated me and said how much happier I looked and that it looked damned good on me! :D

Aw that's brilliant!! I'm so happy for you. The car seat thing is such a great NSV and it's so nice people already think you're looking happier. Think of how much happier you're going to keep getting!! :D Xx

Yay hunny for NSV you are doing fab hunny cxxx

Guess who has two thumbs and has totally come off the rails with their food!

This girl!

Honestly, I'm not worried at this point. I took a few days off work either side of Easter which was most inconvenient for my church but meh, I desperately needed to get away from there for a bit. You guys have seen the Swinton Insurance ads with the little Nagging Doubt guys and the expression on their face? While I know they're supposed to embody doubt, to me they look more like they're suffering from abject fear and being totally overwhelmed and it's a perfect representation of what I'd been feeling. So yes, a break was definitely on the cards! At any rate as the days went on, I got in holiday mode and on Sunday I did us a big roast dinner with loads of veggies and one of my boys made a lovely cheesecake for dessert and I just decided to enjoy myself. And I did the same yesterday. And today didn't start particularly great!

Weird thing though... While the food has tasted lovely, I have not enjoyed the indigestion or the heavy feeling in my stomach. I guess I'd gotten more used to my new regime than I'd thought.

Ah well, I'm certainly not going to beat myself up over it because I'll get back on the bike soon enough.

You have acknowledged what’s happened and that’s great, you will get back into it but I would advise you set a date as we know only to well just how quickly days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months etc, you roast sounds lusssssssh, I could just tuck into that right now, I agree though it is nice not to have that totally stuffed feeling after a meal xxx

You have acknowledged what’s happened and that’s great, you will get back into it but I would advise you set a date as we know only to well just how quickly days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months etc, you roast sounds lusssssssh, I could just tuck into that right now, I agree though it is nice not to have that totally stuffed feeling after a meal xxx

No worries, back on said bike tomorrow! Honestly, I feel like crap after three days of not being so careful. It's not been worth it in the end.

The roast was loooovely and honestly if it weren't for the too-big portions (and the gravy...) it would have been a perfectly acceptable meal.

I've got everything crossed for you for Thursday! I really hope everything goes to plan this time!

Today was my last Tier 3 appointment and all went well. I've managed to lose another 4kgs, which means I've now lost 6% of my total body weight. Next I will see the physician and the nurse said that she would try and have another one of my appointments on the same day, although I can't remember which one exactly. I know I should feel pleased with my progress, and I am glad that I'm moving forward, but I feel just kind of meh about the weight loss, which is really hard to explain. At any rate, I've now just have to try keep sticking with it and not put the weight back on.

Perhaps rather stupidly, I asked her how long it might be to get from this point to surgery and she said it might be 10 months to a year. Can't say I'm not shocked, but also can't say I'm not disappointed either. Who knows, maybe things will be better than that in the end.

Today was my last Tier 3 appointment and all went well. I've managed to lose another 4kgs, which means I've now lost 6% of my total body weight. Next I will see the physician and the nurse said that she would try and have another one of my appointments on the same day, although I can't remember which one exactly. I know I should feel pleased with my progress, and I am glad that I'm moving forward, but I feel just kind of meh about the weight loss, which is really hard to explain. At any rate, I've now just have to try keep sticking with it and not put the weight back on.

Perhaps rather stupidly, I asked her how long it might be to get from this point to surgery and she said it might be 10 months to a year. Can't say I'm not shocked, but also can't say I'm not disappointed either. Who knows, maybe things will be better than that in the end.
That fantastic news OkieGirl and a fab weight loss, try not to focus on the timescale, it honestly will go by quite quickly, I’m so pleased you’ve moved on a notch. Xxxx

I think once we set our minds on something it's only natural to get a bit impatient waiting for it to happen! You're well and truly on the journey though. Don't let it dishearten you. If anything, use it to galvanise your resolve. You've made a load of progress getting to this point and you'll make even more in the meantime. Keep sticking with it like you said and it'll be here in no time!

Last edited:
Back