• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication - Sararob's Diary

Gillykit said:
Sounds like Prof is really pleased with your progress. Well done you :) I'm not sure they'll be quite as pleased with my loss when I see them next week, you've done fantastic! So who is the little bird then? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just like Sararob23 said! Am sure they will be...I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves...@ 700/800 calories a day, you will def lose the weight even though ur body might go in starve mode and keep it all in...Am sure you'll feel better next week when they give you a BIG Well done!!
Take care x

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

dejnablue said:
Wwoow...Well done you...I must confess that when Pf Ammori said he would recommend bypass due to my PCOS, I did mention you?! saying one of his recent plication patient with PCOS is doing really well and not hungry so might b me?? Even though I had no name, I doubt he does that many plications on PCOS ladies since he advices the bypass and sleeve first...Glad u doing well though dumping syndrome is worrying me a bit as I already suffer from it?? Might drop him an email?
Take care n keep posting x

Haha! Thought so.... I really wouldn't worry about the dumping syndrome. I think its more a sugar levels thing anyway, and if you are already a sufferer you probably know how to manage it well.
I'd drop jennie the dietitian an email if I were you. I can pm you her email address if you don't already have it. she was very knowledgeable about it, I suppose that types of thing is her area! She will be able to advise in advance of the things to avoid...she mentioned a specific term ford this types of thing but I can't quite remeber what it was.

sararob23 said:
Haha! Thought so.... I really wouldn't worry about the dumping syndrome. I think its more a sugar levels thing anyway, and if you are already a sufferer you probably know how to manage it well.
I'd drop jennie the dietitian an email if I were you. I can pm you her email address if you don't already have it. she was very knowledgeable about it, I suppose that types of thing is her area! She will be able to advise in advance of the things to avoid...she mentioned a specific term ford this types of thing but I can't quite remeber what it was.

Thanks...will get in touch with Jennie (I do have her email)...How is it going for you? X

dejnablue said:
Thanks...will get in touch with Jennie (I do have her email)...How is it going for you? X

Brilliantly! I have great restriction and currently never have the desire to just have one more mouthful, which is great. Not sure if that is down to my determination or the physical changes ive been through!
Next on the agenda is to plan in some exercise cos I'm only doing walking at the moment!

That's really good to hear! Zumba is great exercise and fun! Take it from someone who used to hate All types of exercises...Well done x

sararob23 said:
I'm sure they will be pleased!
I think as they have done so few of us they are unsure what to expect, so were expecting closer to the average of the band as they are both restrictive ops, I think they were please as it is closer to the sleeve and bypass!

Yay Prof and Jennie pleased with my progress so all good! He wants to keep a close eye as you said so I'm back again in 6 weeks for another chat. Needed to take blood as there was no B12 screen don at pre-op so may need a shot in 6 weeks if its low but other than that a good meeting :) Hope you're still doing well? x

Gillykit said:
Yay Prof and Jennie pleased with my progress so all good! He wants to keep a close eye as you said so I'm back again in 6 weeks for another chat. Needed to take blood as there was no B12 screen don at pre-op so may need a shot in 6 weeks if its low but other than that a good meeting :) Hope you're still doing well? x

Good I'm glad all is well for you too. I made my appointment for the new year....thought I'd get christmas out of the way first! Can't believe how quickly it's coming!

Sararob23
I have sent you a private message through fitness pal but I guess I can also ask both you n gill..Did either of you had any extras to pay other than for consultation and OP. I assume all the pre-OP and post-OP appts are inclusive?! I just been putting off sending my forms back until I know what else I might have to pay for...
Glad u both doing so well! x

Gillykit said:

Gillykit
Am so so pleased for you...you were really worried so I guess u must b pleased it's over with...on top of that, your progress is right on track...Well done!
Am starting to worry about having only tiny sips after the OP...so reading it's and Sararob23 ( and others) is really reassuring that it's tough at first but gets better!
Well done again! x

dejnablue said:
Sararob23
I have sent you a private message through fitness pal but I guess I can also ask both you n gill..Did either of you had any extras to pay other than for consultation and OP. I assume all the pre-OP and post-OP appts are inclusive?! I just been putting off sending my forms back until I know what else I might have to pay for...

Hiya.
Bit of a messed up day today, my nanna passed away last night so lots going on, but I will respond to your pm in more detail as soon as a I get enough time but the answer is no so far! I did check and was told everything included. :)

sararob23 said:
Hiya.
Bit of a messed up day today, my nanna passed away last night so lots going on, but I will respond to your pm in more detail as soon as a I get enough time but the answer is no so far! I did check and was told everything included. :)

So sorry for you...Take care of yourself, my questions will still b there when u feel better..
All my sympathy x

dejnablue said:
Sararob23

Hi no extras to pay for for the two years of the "care package". I've had bloods taken at my 6 week check and may need a B12 injection - all included. Thanks for the good wishes :) x

sararob23 said:
Hiya.

So sorry to hear your news lovely. My thoughts are with you and your family {hug} Look after yourself xx

Gillykit said:
Hi no extras to pay for for the two years of the "care package". I've had bloods taken at my 6 week check and may need a B12 injection - all included. Thanks for the good wishes :) x

Thanks again Gillykit...will send my forms back asap now...even though am already booked in, I'm still wondering if am doing the right thing? Mainly due to the money side of things...would b my luck that the car would pack up after the OP...lol...just got a sense of being selfish I guess spending all that money on me when it can do so much for the entire family...Sorry if am ranting x

Back