• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Chance to Start Again

That fantastic news OkieGirl and a fab weight loss, try not to focus on the timescale, it honestly will go by quite quickly, I’m so pleased you’ve moved on a notch. Xxxx

Thanks Bling. I know that any and all progress is good and even the last six months since I started Tier 3 has gone quickly. It would just be nice to be able to roughly pin down when my surgery may happen because that will impact on me moving further along towards me possibly starting training for ordination. The discernment and selection process is a long and winding road all of its own! I'm hoping that early next year that I'll get the OK from the Bishop of Thetford to go to the selection panel (essentially a 3 day interview!), but if it does take 10-12 months to actually get surgery, well, that might put paid to that idea. Ah well, I can't really worry about it right now. One step at a time! Why on earth, though, I thought trying to tackle two major life events at essentially the same time was a great idea is beyond me! :doh:

I think once we set our minds on something it's only natural to get a bit impatient waiting for it to happen! You're well and truly on the journey though. Don't let it dishearten you. If anything, use it to galvanise your resolve. You've made a load of progress getting to this point and you'll make even more in the meantime. Keep sticking with it like you said and it'll be here in no time!

I'm not a patient person at the best of times! But yes, you're right, I have made great progress in many ways so far and I should be really proud of that alone. :)

Thanks Bling. I know that any and all progress is good and even the last six months since I started Tier 3 has gone quickly. It would just be nice to be able to roughly pin down when my surgery may happen because that will impact on me moving further along towards me possibly starting training for ordination. The discernment and selection process is a long and winding road all of its own! I'm hoping that early next year that I'll get the OK from the Bishop of Thetford to go to the selection panel (essentially a 3 day interview!), but if it does take 10-12 months to actually get surgery, well, that might put paid to that idea. Ah well, I can't really worry about it right now. One step at a time! Why on earth, though, I thought trying to tackle two major life events at essentially the same time was a great idea is beyond me! :doh:

I'm not a patient person at the best of times! But yes, you're right, I have made great progress in many ways so far and I should be really proud of that alone. :)

Wow Okie sounds absolutely crazy but hopefully one will help you get through the other. Xxxxxx

Wow Okie sounds absolutely crazy but hopefully one will help you get through the other. Xxxxxx
Me too. I went to the ordination service for our curate at Norwich Cathedral and was in absolute terror when I realized that for the actual ordination vows section, the ordinands have to kneel for a solid 20 minutes. On a stone floor. With no kneelers or cushioning. There is no way that I'd be able to do that at this point in time and I sure don't want to be the only one who has to stand there and take my vows when everyone else is kneeling!

It’s great that you have that to focus on as an end goal, good luck xx

I weighed myself on Friday and have lost a bit more. So, now I'm at 369 (26st 5lbs). I now weigh slightly less than when I had my oldest son nearly 16 years ago now and I'm really pleased.

On top of that, I had a nice NSV this week. Our oldest had his Year 11 end of year school awards and instead of holding it at the school, they held it at a local theatre. Now, the last time I went to a theatre was a few years back when I went with my husband and his work colleagues to London to see Oliver! at Drury Lane Theatre. Well, that was a disaster. The seats were so tiny that I just could not fit at all! Bless them, the staff were so kind to me and because they didn't have anyone in a lot of the boxes that night, they moved us up there (probably the only time my weight actually was an asset!). Needless to say, with this in the back of my mind, I've been in constant dread that I wouldn't fit and because of that I wouldn't be able to sit and see what my son's accomplishments were. I fit! It was still snug, but it certainly wasn't painful! In fact, last Sunday my husband and I took the boys to go see Avengers: Infinity War and I didn't have to raise the armrest on the seat between me and one of the kids! I actually had a little bit of wiggle room!

Today I also got my next appointment through for L&D, but it's not until the 8th of August. I think it might be the MDT meeting though because it says that I'm to see Ms A (something in brackets about non-surgical blah blah blah) Mdt. So... I have no idea. I probably ought to call them during the week to clarify. Bad thing is that the appointment is at 3pm which, if it is the MDT, means we won't be getting back to Lowestoft until 9pm. Ah well, it's worth it in the end!

Sounds like a lot of progress @OkieGirl! Congratulations! Anything you can enjoy now that you couldn't before serves as further inspiration to keep up the good work. Glad your appointments are moving along. It really will be here in no time! :D

Last edited:
Congrats on the NSV! That's amazing to be able to comfortably sit and watch your son's award ceremony. I'm glad that that worry has gone for you.

I weighed myself on Friday and have lost a bit more. So, now I'm at 369 (26st 5lbs). I now weigh slightly less than when I had my oldest son nearly 16 years ago now and I'm really pleased.

On top of that, I had a nice NSV this week. Our oldest had his Year 11 end of year school awards and instead of holding it at the school, they held it at a local theatre. Now, the last time I went to a theatre was a few years back when I went with my husband and his work colleagues to London to see Oliver! at Drury Lane Theatre. Well, that was a disaster. The seats were so tiny that I just could not fit at all! Bless them, the staff were so kind to me and because they didn't have anyone in a lot of the boxes that night, they moved us up there (probably the only time my weight actually was an asset!). Needless to say, with this in the back of my mind, I've been in constant dread that I wouldn't fit and because of that I wouldn't be able to sit and see what my son's accomplishments were. I fit! It was still snug, but it certainly wasn't painful! In fact, last Sunday my husband and I took the boys to go see Avengers: Infinity War and I didn't have to raise the armrest on the seat between me and one of the kids! I actually had a little bit of wiggle room!

Today I also got my next appointment through for L&D, but it's not until the 8th of August. I think it might be the MDT meeting though because it says that I'm to see Ms A (something in brackets about non-surgical blah blah blah) Mdt. So... I have no idea. I probably ought to call them during the week to clarify. Bad thing is that the appointment is at 3pm which, if it is the MDT, means we won't be getting back to Lowestoft until 9pm. Ah well, it's worth it in the end!
That’s great news OkieGirl, it’ll soon be August, fantastic NSV too I can imagine your delight, I feel your pain on the traveling, my MDT was at 4pm so hom3 at 10.00pm, but sooooo worth it to be able to jump another hoop xxxx

Well done on weight loss and NSV. I also used to hate theatre seats and any small places. You are definitely on the right track and. August will be here before you know it xx

So here's a couple of (bad quality) pics from last Thursday of my oldest John, me and my hubby after he'd won his awards. Seriously, I have no idea why they're so horrible and grainy! lol

31906977_10217078246137272_7968934642289999872_n.jpg

31947282_10217078247057295_3151985058680668160_n.jpg

Wow you look absolutely lovely and you can see the loss in your face compared to your forum picture, # proud mum xx

Wow you look absolutely lovely and you can see the loss in your face compared to your forum picture, # proud mum xx

Incredibly proud mum! Johnny has high functioning autism and when he was younger it really did impact on his schooling, but he's really come far over the years!

I can tell a big difference in my face too. And my profile pic isn't even from when I was at my heaviest!

I'm still alive, just being quiet.

Life is busy, my work is utter crap (and there's reasons as to why I can't look for another job), I keep losing the same 5 bloody pounds over and over. I am pissed off with waiting. I am pissed off and need a week off work, but I can't because how long is a bloody piece of string? I need all the time I can hang on to for when I have surgery (yes, I get sick leave, but I'd much rather gouge those jerks for my full rate of pay thank you very much) - a surgery that might but might not happen later this year.

I've voluntarily gone back onto milk because why not. Might as well.

Ignore my ranting. I don't have many people that I can let it out to. My husband can only hear so much of it and not many others either really care (because I'm always supposed to be their whipping girl and agony aunt) and just kind of brush what I say under the carpet and move on. Blah.

Okiegirl

big hugs hun I feel for you a really do. I have no one to talk to about WLS except on this forum. I have not told anyone they think I’m going to have a minor Henia opp

My other half goes to work and comes back wants tea on table and that’s it. Doesn’t even ask what’s happening with my business or if I’m even keeping it afloat It’s frustrating!! Please vent as much as you like I will definitely listen xx

Rant away and let it all out. I hope you get a date for this year.

Life is busy, my work is utter crap (and there's reasons as to why I can't look for another job), I keep losing the same 5 bloody pounds over and over. I am pissed off with waiting. I am pissed off and need a week off work, but I can't because how long is a bloody piece of string? I need all the time I can hang on to for when I have surgery (yes, I get sick leave, but I'd much rather gouge those jerks for my full rate of pay thank you very much) - a surgery that might but might not happen later this year.

Ignore my ranting. I don't have many people that I can let it out to. My husband can only hear so much of it and not many others either really care (because I'm always supposed to be their whipping girl and agony aunt) and just kind of brush what I say under the carpet and move on. Blah.
You rant away OkieGirl, that why we are here, for better and worse, good and bad, I’m so sorry you in this difficult situation, are you still doing you training as well? The point that you are at weight loss journey wise is a really difficult place to be, I was up and down like a yo yo, keep focused on the end goal, we’re always here for you, take care xxxxx

I agree with everyone here. Please rant away. We have all felt the same. It is an incredibly difficult time before surgery but it will be so worth it I promise you and we are all here for you xx

Get it all out there!
We all have good days & bad days a good old rant helps.
You are doing so well just take one day at a time. X

Back