• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Chance to Start Again

Bling Babe

Had an appointment with L&D last Friday. So, after having been told that it was a video appointment and taking a camera in to work with me, I got a call on my mobile. :rolleyes: The woman I spoke to seemed baffled as to why I had an appointment and thought that I'd requested it. All I could tell her was that I was doing well, that I'd lost more since my 1 year check and that what ever is going on with my parathyroid is being checked, albeit slowly. That was it. She wasn't even going to ask what my weight was!
Good job you hadn’t traveled there x

OkieGirl

A very belated Happy New Year to everyone. How's everyone keeping? I'm just sitting here watching Biden's inauguration. Glad to see the back of Trump but I suspect things are going to get worse before they get better. Between whatever potential further troubles might be ahead for the US, Covid and the fact that my husband might lose his job (again, thanks Covid...) I can't see us going back to visit my family for another year, which sucks.

Hope everyone had a decent Christmas and New Year. Ours really wasn't that different, apart from me having fewer church services to prepare for. We usually just have me, my husband and kids over at my in laws on the day and that's it, so again, Christmas day wasn't that affected for us.

Eating-wise I completely lost the plot over December and managed to put on 10lbs. It's going back down (I've lost 4lbs so far), but I got back in the bad habit of snacking and grazing. I really must clamp down and make a double effort to get back on track because I don't want to settle at 15st.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi and wish everyone the best in light of the ongoing struggles we're still going through.

Bling Babe

A very belated Happy New Year to everyone. How's everyone keeping? I'm just sitting here watching Biden's inauguration. Glad to see the back of Trump but I suspect things are going to get worse before they get better. Between whatever potential further troubles might be ahead for the US, Covid and the fact that my husband might lose his job (again, thanks Covid...) I can't see us going back to visit my family for another year, which sucks.

Hope everyone had a decent Christmas and New Year. Ours really wasn't that different, apart from me having fewer church services to prepare for. We usually just have me, my husband and kids over at my in laws on the day and that's it, so again, Christmas day wasn't that affected for us.

Eating-wise I completely lost the plot over December and managed to put on 10lbs. It's going back down (I've lost 4lbs so far), but I got back in the bad habit of snacking and grazing. I really must clamp down and make a double effort to get back on track because I don't want to settle at 15st.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi and wish everyone the best in light of the ongoing struggles we're still going through.
Hiya, good to hear from you, I’m so sorry about your husband’s job, theses are such challenging times, I hope something positive comes out of it for you. I lost the plot with food too, exactly the same as you, I haven’t been brave enough to get on the scales yet though, I’ve been of work since beginning of November with 3 major family events so I will weigh in when i go back. I hope the new year is better for us, at least as the year moves on, I’ve had my first COVID-19 vaccination 2nd one is in Marc. Take care xxx

Lalapo

Happy new year. Glad you are well. Trump has gone so can only get better in the US. Fingers crossed.
We missed our church this Christmas. We didn’t see any family because they are all elderly with issues. But it was amazing because we spent it with my friends whom I bubbled with since March. The children made the day.
As to weight loss. I’ve gone bonkers. Like you I still have restriction from my sleeve but I find myself constantly grazing. I have also put on 7 lbs. I need to get back on track but I sort of start the day ok and end it badly. How do I stop this cycle? Need my lips stapling!

keep me posted on your progress. I am feeling a little isolated and could have done from sharing the journey with fellow surgery pals but Covid put end to that.

OkieGirl

Hey all, hope you're all doing alright and looking forward to moving slowly, but hopefully surely and irrevocably, out of lockdown. I've got my first three swimming sessions booked for next week and it'll be the first time I'll have been able to go since December!

Yesterday was my two year surgiversary. It's hard to believe it's been two years and I'm so so thankful that I had the surgery. A couple of weeks ago I had my last appointment with Luton and they were very pleased with my progress. I did say to her that I know at this stage, although the surgery is still doing it's thing, the rest of this journey is largely down to me and using the tools I've been given to make sure I see it through. It's not always easy, there is still work involved (especially now). As of today I've lost 200lbs/90.7kg/14.2lbs. I have no real idea how much more I need to lose. As I said to the woman from Luton, I can't really look at a BMI chart and say there's my height and and I should roughly weigh X because of all the loose skin.

At any rate, below are a couple of pictures of me on Easter Sunday and one of me at my heaviest, which I know I've posted on here before, but it's the only one I have handy, lol! I bought that dress the day before I had surgery at TK Maxx. It's DKNY and is a UK 18/US 14. It's taken me two years to finally get to the point where I can wear it and I very nearly sold it because I was sure I'd never lose enough weight!

DSC_0507.JPGIMG_7739 (2).JPG

Bling Babe

Hey all, hope you're all doing alright and looking forward to moving slowly, but hopefully surely and irrevocably, out of lockdown. I've got my first three swimming sessions booked for next week and it'll be the first time I'll have been able to go since December!

Yesterday was my two year surgiversary. It's hard to believe it's been two years and I'm so so thankful that I had the surgery. A couple of weeks ago I had my last appointment with Luton and they were very pleased with my progress. I did say to her that I know at this stage, although the surgery is still doing it's thing, the rest of this journey is largely down to me and using the tools I've been given to make sure I see it through. It's not always easy, there is still work involved (especially now). As of today I've lost 200lbs/90.7kg/14.2lbs. I have no real idea how much more I need to lose. As I said to the woman from Luton, I can't really look at a BMI chart and say there's my height and and I should roughly weigh X because of all the loose skin.

At any rate, below are a couple of pictures of me on Easter Sunday and one of me at my heaviest, which I know I've posted on here before, but it's the only one I have handy, lol! I bought that dress the day before I had surgery at TK Maxx. It's DKNY and is a UK 18/US 14. It's taken me two years to finally get to the point where I can wear it and I very nearly sold it because I was sure I'd never lose enough weight!

View attachment 21868View attachment 21869
OH. MY. DAYS......absolutely amazing, you have made incredible progress and look absolutely and utterly fantastic and gorgeous...your so right about it being more important then before to work with the tool we’ve been given. On 5th April it was my 3 year surgiversary and tbh I really should have updated my diary.
you should be very proud of yourselves, your family must be.
living so close we really should try to meet up it’s just that life seems to be so busy. Xxx

Cheshire Cat

View attachment 21868View attachment 21869
Wow ..... you have done amazing !! I hope you are feeling incredibly proud of your self xxx