• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Surprise visit to mum went well , she was very pleased to see me and wanted to check all my wounds , ooooing and arrrring as she went and round and touched each one .
Funny isn't it , even though I'm 53 I can still see that 'mum' look in her eyes , like she wants to kiss a freshly grazed knee .. I had a lot of them as kid ! I was the barefoot , filthy kid who spent all her time over the woods and fields with the dog , only appearing when the sun went down ..
Then I trundled into town on my scooter , which shook and wobbled at my tummy . I'm glad I was alone on the path mostly as my nether regions were whistling Dixie !
I swear a dog thought I'd called him at one point !

Bought some Solga skin nail and hair vitamins and liquid Floradix with iron . That stuff tastes delicious !

Stopped and had a small latte which was heaven .. But was glad when I was back in the open air and road noise due the trumpeting from my undercarriage !

My stomach is also making the most impressive noises .. One minute it sounds like a washing machine emptying , then it burbles and fizzes .. It's actually having a conversation with me ! Even the cat has been listening in :)

Planning a trip to Brighton tomorrow , as hubby wants to find a watch . So going to have a trundle around The Lanes .
Feeling very tranquil indeed
Mindy
Xxx

It sounds like a lovely day!

Only seems minutes ago we were talking pre op diets!!

What day are you on now? Doing so well. Enjoy Brighton tomorrow x x x

I am on day 4 ! I don't count tues 5th as I didn't go down until 5pm
It's flying by
Did you go out ?

I've not gone out today Mindy but I'm much more mobile and my sister and brother in law came over to see me.

Ditched the co-codamol and the wind is now much better...Yey to that!!

The surgeon said that he wants me to walk an hour a day from tomorrow...However HW have a much more graduated plan which I will start tomorrow...All being well x x

Will have to get my hair washed before I go out though...I look a mess but that's not what matters at the mo!! I'm desperate for a shower (I'm of course washing) but I have a shower everyday and sometimes evening too!! My husband reassures me I dont smell!!!

I'm looking forward to day 4...it's great to have you a couple of days ahead so I can look forward to progress!

Still sleepy but pain much more bearable. So onwards and upwards on our journeys...

Sending love and happy positive thoughts...where will we be in a years time???

I found it invaluable, no one understands like us because we have or are all going through it together X

It's been great having people around who know what they are doing and don't mind sharing their knowledge .
I did shower and wash my hair yesterday , but couldn't spin my trunk round to wash behind if you get my drift , that hurt to much ..
Not sure if I'm going to be able to shave my legs yet for a few days , so some pretty braiding advice might be a good idea ! I can add bows and beads etc , might even try growing some leg dreadlocks :)

Mushroom soup ... Blurghhhh .. Used to like , hate it now ..

And I have a white coated tongue ? Now that's attractive ..

Ha ha thanks for that...shower tomorrow. Re shaving legs...mine were done already for surgery and then covered up by the socks!!!

Managed half a surgery box shake!...progress!!!

Just 2 of my ports that are sore enough to bother me..
Picture is upside down , I am not actually hanging like a bat ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 26
Keep an eye on them Mindy just in case x x x I know you will anyway. Mines more of an internal pain now I think. Although I havent dared to touch mine!!

Had a brilliant day at Brighton .
I went armed and took a water bottle full of yogurt , almond milk and protein powder to sip in the car as I really could not manage any breakfast .
Of course the two hungry Horace's that were with me saw a Little Chef and in they dove !
I assured them I was ok and I sat there with my lovely milky latte while my hubby had a full blown breakfast and my skinny Minnie daughter ate the biggest breakfast I've ever seen ! I have no earthly idea where she puts it all .. I actually didn't want any ..
Trundled around Brighton looking for a watch. . My hubby's dad died a little while ago and left some money , and as he was such a big clock and watch fan I suggested my husband spend the whole lot on a watch to remember his dad by .. We found a couple he liked . An omega sea master , but he just wanted to wait a little longer ..
If he doesn't spend it soon I'm booking a holiday to somewhere warm !
They chose an Italian cafe for lunch . Hmmmm
The manager was lovely and when I asked if they could liquidise the minestrone soup as I could not swallow lumps , he was so helpful ! And it was delicious .
I thought I was going to get embarrassed , but I didn't ..
Had a small mug of options hot choc made with milk when I got home , I had no bloody idea that stuff tasted so good ! God I've lead a sheltered life hehehe ..
In about an hour I'm going to have a milked down mug of tomato soup with a spoon of Bovril melted in ..

All in all it was a really nice day ..

Still no BM though as of yet . So that's not since last Monday when I took 2 senecot pills so I was completely empty for surgery ..
But then I suppose if nothing's going in , then nothing's coming out ?
Have taken a Senecot yesterday and another today just incase ..
If it shifts ( spell check ) I'd better have a plumbers number handy ! :)

Oh my Mindy I've just treated myself to a low calorie hot choc too...In heaven!!!

I've managed a protein shake and a couple of spoons of yoghurt watered down today.

I haven't had a bm either yet...but not really eating. Have you tried syrup of fig or just reading my book and it says I can have half a banana blended with milk...that might do the trick!!

My scales say I haven't lost any weight...A tad frustrating but maybe it's the swelling???

Glad you had a great day x x x

No bm or constipation is normal try upping water or sucking on a ice cube every now and then.

Back