• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

My scales havnt moved either but I think I read the body goes into safety mode after trauma of an op and stores everything .. Which makes sense ..

I'm watching This Farmers Life . They have a heifer tied up as eye candy for the biggest bull I've ever seen ! They are collecting semen from this prize bull ..
That poor heifer has this shocked look on her little face as if to say , he's not even buying me dinner !

I'm never bending over in a field again ..

Going to pop along to make my go appointment tomorrow , I need to also see if a nurse will change a couple of these dressing as a couple of them are itchy and going red around the edges , not the wound itself , but the sticky is annoying me ..

How are yours doing Blossom ?

Sounds like a good plan hunny x x

They didn't have a dressing on after surgery but the gluey stuff just looks wrinkly like they are ready to peel off x x

I've got my nurse call tomorrow so I will check then. But they seem ok apart from being sore x x

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you get on x x

BM . Thank goodness ..

Got on the scales and have lost a total of 20lbs !:D . So that's within the 3 weeks of the start of my journey , pre op diet to nearly a week post op

I am ecstatic !

At the beginning it was hard , feeling craving like I have never had before . Then the post op pain , wondering what the hell I had to myself . But I'm so glad I had it done ..
I can see the light at the end of my weight loss tunnel ..

Mindy
Xxxx

20lbs that's a great loss, well done!

I had a stall this week on the scales for a few days but was all down to not having a BM in the end. I've also been having ice lollies which help me get extra liquid down and it feels like i'm actually eating something.

My dressings where itchy around them too but have cleared up great once I've healed and been able to remove them x

BM . Thank goodness .. Got on the scales and have lost a total of 20lbs !:D . So that's within the 3 weeks of the start of my journey , pre op diet to nearly a week post op I am ecstatic ! At the beginning it was hard , feeling craving like I have never had before . Then the post op pain , wondering what the hell I had to myself . But I'm so glad I had it done .. I can see the light at the end of my weight loss tunnel .. Mindy Xxxx
well done Mindy, that's super. I felt the same first few days but v happy now :)

Mindy that's excellent. I'm so proud of you weight loss buddy. That's only a pound away from 1 and a half stones in two weeks
You go Mindy and reach for those weight loss stars ....cue song!!

Massive well done. So, so happy for you x x x

Thank you ! thank you !
Dying to break in my smoothie maker tomorrow !
Been very holy and bought some milled flax seed , some almond butter , avocado , Greek yogurt and almond milk .. Oh and some spinach and kale ..
My weight loss advisor gave me a couple of hints for smoothies that's she uses and also a book she recommends , which should come tomorrow .. Can't wait !
Went into town and had a yummy bowl of tomato and basil soup from Boswells cafe .. It's so tasty .. And a catch up with a work mate .. No coffee though as I couldn't manage both soup and a drink , the soup filled me up ..
That's all I've had today at the moment as I couldnt again face breakfast or even a cup of tea :( was just happy with water ..
Not got the urge to actually eat as of yet , and still havnt gotten that old hungry feeling ..
I know it'll rear its ugly head at some time , so I'm hope I'm ready and prepared ..
Mindy
Xxx

Sounds like a great day and the smoothies sound fab.

Do you mind sharing the name of the book hun?

Also was the other gastric band book you ordered any good?

You're doing great. Well done x x

Hey blossom
Yep will let you know what it's called , should be here tomorrow ..
The earlier one .. Nutrition for gastric band wearers .. Is good reading and has some recipies in it that , I'm sure, will come in handy
Just made a smoothie .. Well
Old habits don't die very easily that's for sure ..
This maker , makes a 400ml smoothie . So I put in a tbls of almond butter, tbls of flax seed , half a big pot of Greek yogurt , half an advacado , squeeze of lemon , topped it up with almond milk .. Thought to myself , well that's not going to fill me up ! I've drunk 100mls and I'm stuffed ..
Eyes bigger than my new belly !
Because it's thick I can feel it sitting there and I now know the pressure they mention in your breastplate. So I've stopped ..
It's a little bitter tasting so will not put as much almond butter and flax in next time .. Deff use the butter sparingly as it has a strong taste ..

Tomorrow is another day !

Blossom have you weighed yourself yet ?

Ah thanks for all of that Mindy.

I've never come across almond butter?? Tell me more!!

I've decided to be good and leave weigh in till exactly a week. That will be Thursday...unless the magical BM happens before!!

Will have a look for that book x x x

BM . Thank goodness ..

Got on the scales and have lost a total of 20lbs !:D . So that's within the 3 weeks of the start of my journey , pre op diet to nearly a week post op

I am ecstatic !

At the beginning it was hard , feeling craving like I have never had before . Then the post op pain , wondering what the hell I had to myself . But I'm so glad I had it done ..
I can see the light at the end of my weight loss tunnel ..

Mindy
Xxxx

Well done on the weight loss that's fab! xox

Full of beans today ! Well as much as my knackered knees will let me ..

Trundled into town and got some bit for my mum , had my nails infilled and tidied up . Didn't have a coffee as I took a smoothie with me and that filled me up ..no room for a coffee in there !
Then after a visit with mum I dropped in for chat at work .
Came home , put the slow cooker on with
Lean bacon pieces
2 garlic cubes
2 veg stock pots
Tin of butter beans
Celery
Carrots
Tin of cherry toms
Box of passata
Red onions
Lentils
And a packet of chopped kale
Hopefully will taste yummy all whizzed into soup ..

So go that on the go , and then gave the kitchen a thorough blitz ! Cooker , stove , sides, the cupboard doors and even cleaned the kettle .. I dare anyone now to even drop a crumb on the sides ! I also went through the dry good cupboards and through out everything I no longer need , 3 empty tomato sauce bottles ? I didn't even use tomato sauce ! Made a ice space for all my smoothie stuff :)

I was going to get on the scales this morning but have decided to wait until thurs when hubby and I go shopping and then I can weigh myself in boots as I did before the op .. That should be a true measurement and gives the BMI also ..

Mindy
Xxxx

Last edited:
Niccie
Does it sound nutritionally ok ? I'm getting a bit anal about nutrition now

Sounds perfect to me :) tbh these early days i wouldn't worry too much, just concentrate on getting it in :) OOOOh and those fluids too......sip sip sip LOL Once your back to normal food you can stress about the nutritional stuff :)

Back