• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Ooooh weigh in tomorrow, how exciting! I am sure you will reach your goal. But if you don't it doesn't matter as you will reach it the next week.......

I did try and reply to you re: your daughters surgery with all the quotes I got but I can't work out how to PM! I thought I was pretty tech savvy! But apparently not.......

That does sound like a lovely day and I'm so pleased that you can really feel the difference in yourself as well as see it in the mirror or on the scales because I think that's the really important bit. It's easy to concentrate a lot on numbers isn't it (and I am sure you've got your 4 stone come tomorrow) but we live most of our lives not on the scales. Being able to do things for the first time in years makes it all worth while plus the memories are useful for when the food demons are nagging you to have just a few treats :)

Agreed Fee .. The walking and climbing was something that made me smile along with my family .. Worth every pound off ..
Kim not sure why messages don't work sometimes , I've sent a few myself and never sure if they have actually gone !
You can put info in here if you like , I don't mind .. And maybe someone reading at a later date may benefit from the info .. Daughter knows it's going to be a long road and she's looking at at well over a year for NHS funding if she gets it . And in that time I may have saved up enough money for her to have it done privately .
A woman on Facebook had her band done in Belgium for under £3,000 ! Travel etc not included mind you , and I think she may be ok with that as long as I go with her .. So we will see ..

Well it's Saturday morning and the sun has gone into hiding at the moment and we have a very gentle rain . I woke early as the smell of the rain hitting the patio woke me up , I love that smell !
This week I am really struggling with my right knee . Wow it hurts . It feels like someone is in there with a paring knife digging . When I'm resting it's ok , but when I get up to walk arghhhh ! I'm limping worse than I have ever have ..
Hubby said something that I thought made a little sense ? He said losing the weight should help the joint in the long run , but he wonders if losing fat inside the joint as well has taken away some of the padding in there ? It might be true . All I know is this sucker hurts like a bugger :(
Got an appointment on tues with the doctor to try and get daughter a referral , God I hope it happens , I hate seeing her struggle , esp in this warm weather ..
Well that's my moaning done for today lol ! Onwards and upwards , ... or downwards :)
Just a quick note on the knee..... i went thru exactly the same.... pain worse than ever :( but it will pass promise :) it came as a shock because like you thinking less weight all would be getting better BUT i did go down that dip too :) maybe its because all of a sudden your using it more?? but promise it will pass x x x

Bliss! Sounds like a wonderful day! Echoing starry but huge congrats on your achievements- must have been the best feeling! Lol at your hubby- men eh!
Am sure you'll smash your target for this week, you're so focused it's inspiring to listen to.
Hope your daughter is doing well too Mindy! X

Just a quick note on the knee..... i went thru exactly the same.... pain worse than ever :( but it will pass promise :) it came as a shock because like you thinking less weight all would be getting better BUT i did go down that dip too :) maybe its because all of a sudden your using it more?? but promise it will pass x x x

Cheers Hun .. A customer told me it was because I'm walking different as well .. I hadn't noticed that to be honest but I suppose it's a viable thing .. All I know it's a bitch of an ache ! Hopefully like you say it will pass .. Might get the ball rolling on my new knee in August by seeing the doc and asking for my knee referral now .. By the time the appointment comes through I will be a better weight and may be able to have the op ..
Hope you doing well my love
Xxxx

Bliss! Sounds like a wonderful day! Echoing starry but huge congrats on your achievements- must have been the best feeling! Lol at your hubby- men eh!
Am sure you'll smash your target for this week, you're so focused it's inspiring to listen to.
Hope your daughter is doing well too Mindy! X
Yes she was very upbeat over the weekend and did well with walking etc .. It's a long way from the main car park down the sea front and back again .. Said her legs were shaking and aching lol .. Bless her ..
I'm hoping for the smash tomorrow but won't be to upset with just a couple of pounds ,mas long as it doesn't go up I'm happy with that ..
I still think I'm able to eat to much though ..
For tea I've just had a whole chicken breast in colmans sweet chilli seasoning , my god that's so yummy , and a portion of roasted root veg .. And I ate the lot .. Feeling pretty full but it was a big portion in view of the band really ..
So I think I will be having my band topped up slightly at the end of the month :)

That's fantastic- every little bit helps and it must be so great to have a parent that understands a part of what you're feeling.
Chicken...oh my goodness I'm just craving the feeling of chewing something haha! How much fill have you got in your band so far?

Fantastic achievements all in one day!! As the owner of a bad knee I know that 'it's only 15 mins away' dread when you know you can't make it - but you did! Talking AND walking - excellent!! Watching others eat super tasty naughty food and not needing it- what a wonderful feeling to not be driven by food desire. You're doing so well!!!

That's fantastic- every little bit helps and it must be so great to have a parent that understands a part of what you're feeling.
Chicken...oh my goodness I'm just craving the feeling of chewing something haha! How much fill have you got in your band so far?

I have 5mls .. I need to,ask what size band I have in as I thought all were bands were 10ml but their not .. I've seen people on Facebook with 15ml bands fitted so I need to find out .. Never thought to ask lol !

Agreed Fee .. The walking and climbing was something that made me smile along with my family .. Worth every pound off ..
Kim not sure why messages don't work sometimes , I've sent a few myself and never sure if they have actually gone !
You can put info in here if you like , I don't mind .. And maybe someone reading at a later date may benefit from the info .. Daughter knows it's going to be a long road and she's looking at at well over a year for NHS funding if she gets it . And in that time I may have saved up enough money for her to have it done privately .
A woman on Facebook had her band done in Belgium for under £3,000 ! Travel etc not included mind you , and I think she may be ok with that as long as I go with her .. So we will see ..

Not sure on band prices as I am having a sleeve, after researching them all I knew straight away that's the one I wanted. So prices are:

*Cheapest I found in the UK was with Basil Ammori - His prices ranged from £9282 to £7500.00 depending on what hosp you go to. The cheapest being BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Cheshire.

*Belgium - Dr Philip Vanden Borre - 6250 EUR with current exch rate this is about £4880.00 - Only one night stay in hospital, plus a stay in a hotel either side. Includes transfers from airport or Eurostar and 3 night stay in the hotel for a companion.

*Belgium - Dr Chris DeBruyne - 6500 EUR - about £5000.00 - 2 nights stay in hospital, plus a stay in a hotel night before and night after. Includes transfers from airport or Eurostar and 4 night stay in the hotel for a companion.

*Prague - Beautiful Beings - £3980.00, I think this includes transfers and hotel, but it was difficult to get information out of them.

I have chosen to go with Dr Chris DeBruyne, he has such a great reputation and the communication from his staff with any questions I have and confirmations etc. has been excellent. I have only heard good things about him on this forum. I haven't heard bad things about any of the others though! I just felt like I wanted to go with the surgeon with the best rep.

We are getting the Eurostar to Belgium, as I thought (hoping) this would be more comfortable on the way back than flying. We live in the South East so rather than train etc. into London to go from St Pancras again because coming back would be difficult We are going from Ebbsfleet. This means we can leave the car there.

We got cheap Eurostar tickets and so only paid £29.50 per person each way. So for me summary of costs are:

£5000 - Op
£118 - Eurostar for 2 of us return
£50 - Ebbsfleet Parking

Total £5168.00

I have literally been on a no spend! I only buy food for general food shopping and makes it as cheap as poss. No Clothes, make up, gifts for daugher etc. Just goes to show how much I spent!

Hope this helps, sorry for waffling!

This is perfect information thank you so much ! Gives some really good information to be working on and something to show her ..
Thank you again !
Xxxxxx

The bloody weighing scales in Boots was out of order ! Arghhhhh !
So I got to wait another week now :(
Bugger and sod it ...

The bloody weighing scales in Boots was out of order ! Arghhhhh !
So I got to wait another week now :(
Bugger and sod it ...
The boots often have the scales out of order my end too !:mad: Never mind, hopefully next week it will be working and you would have smashes through the 4st

I've got Saturday off work so will pop in then ..:bolt:
Hell hath no fury like a Mindy who can't weigh herself :kissass:

I have 5mls .. I need to,ask what size band I have in as I thought all were bands were 10ml but their not .. I've seen people on Facebook with 15ml bands fitted so I need to find out .. Never thought to ask lol !
To be honest, I was only told I had a medium band so was desperately trying to work out what I had! Perhaps it will be on your discharge notes or booklet?
On another note, how annoying about the weigh in! Psyching yourself up for it only to be not able- very frustrating! I bet you've aced the 4st mark though- you'll have to let us know on Saturday! x

I'd be pretty annoyed too. Don't they know we're all waiting to celebrate the latest milestone?!

It must be soo annoying that you weren't able to weigh yourself Mindy but you have made such fantastic progress! Congrats on your accomplishments so far and looking forward to seeing you in that size 20 piece that you bought the other day. Inspiration for sure xx

Back