• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Im to old to be talking like this Fee , but I felt accepted for the want of a better word .. These type of places , make up counters , boutiques , jewellery stores , even top notch hairdressers will and do look down on a certain type of person that they automatically put into an obese box .. Obese to many people unfortunately means lazy and unmotivated, unkempt
.. I'm opening a can of worms here so sorry .. But I hope you all know what I'm trying to say ..
We all have those places where we just would not step into because of they way we are viewed ?

So yesterday . All these beautiful young ladies buzzing about and making a fuss was something I had never had directed at me ..
I know it's all smoke mirrors and they make a fuss because it's their job and they need to sell the stock , but I know well that 5st ago those very same girls would not have even made eye contact with me ..

Losing weight opens a whole new world up :)
Mindy
Xxxx

I think a lot of people do make a whole heap of assumptions that people who are big are also undisciplined, smelly, not interested in looking after how they look and don't understand the first thing about healthy eating. Oh and we're stupid too. I don't think it's a can of worms so much as something a lot of us have experienced even if it's not explicitly said.

For so many years I've been going into John Lewis and you have to run the gauntlet of all the beauty counters run by impossibly perfect women who don't sweat, hell they don't seem to work as much as glide! I can't pretend it's not hurt when it seems like they zero in on every woman and not me. I think they only grabbed me that day because I'd just bought my wedding dress.

As I get slimmer it does make me a bit conflicted because I like the attention but I still feel cross about the way I was invisible 5 stone ago. It's a lot to get used too. Feeling accepted is a very powerful feeling and you deserve the attention and to feel fantastic x

@countrywench , Sorry about your difficulty with food today. I know what you mean about posh establishments (or ones that think there posh) I agree , I think they do perceive us as lazy unmotivated and unkept. Even when I do make a bit of an effort to dress smart....I still feel people look at me and think, fat and scruffy, so i think why bother...til i get some weight off.
There was a study done with a group of young children aged about 4 or 5 years old, And, they where shown a pictures of ...A slim person, a fat person, a disabled person, and a dark skinned person. When they where asked, Who would you 'least' like as a friend?...most of them choose the fat person.
I found that study intersting, if i knew how to put a link up I would. Even children as young as that, put 'fat/obese' people in a box. So it's something ingrained in human nature unfortunatly. We are deemed less desirable by some.

It's nice that they made you feel nice though, and made a fuss of you....you deserve it!

Toni :rainbow:

No loss for me this week , well .20 of a kilo isn't worth noting lol !
But I have eaten out 3 times this week so I want expecting any loss , infact I was expecting a gain ! So phew !
My beloved work mate suggested that for every new item of clothing I bought , I should throw one out .. Makes sense to me so I've been gingerly going through my wardrobe , moving items into the clothes bin , either charity or the clothes dump bin in my local pub car park ..
Even though some of my larger tops are huge , I love them. Some are so pretty and tailored that I've found it a little hard to slip them off the hanger and put them in the bag .. I expect I'm not alone in thinking that these old clothes still fit as we still see ourselves as that big ? It's isn't until I put on an old top I can see the loss in the way the item hangs off me ..

I have been spending like a millionaire to be honest and I'm going to run up a debt if I'm not careful .. But goodness isn't it liberating to buy smaller clothes ! Even though I'm a 20 , it's so wonderful ! Plus the make up is getting a little out of hand as well .. I've tried really hard this last couple of weeks to steer clear of the make up counters .. But then I wander onto Amazon and before I know it I have items in my basket ! How many blushes does one girl need ? Apparently a dozen or more ., Hahahah ! No , I don't have have dozen blushes , honest .. Doesn't mean I didn't think about it though :)
6 weeks until my holiday :):)
I don't think I'm going to get to my 19st goal by then but I know I'm going to be in the 19st bracket and I'm totally at peace with that .. To see 19st something flash up on the scales will give me the biggest grin ever !
I'm half way to being the 15st mark so I can have my knees replaced .. At the beginning of the year that seemed so unachievable .. Impossible and unlikely .. But here I am , less than a year later and I'm half way there ..
Never underestimate what time can do ..
Well off to Argos now and I've got to try and get a picnic table on my mobility scooter somehow ! £9.99 in the sale :)
Have a wonderful week all
Mindy
Xxxx

I always thought maybe it was in my head....the feelings i had about going 'certain' places.....'certain' people.....yup hairdressers, clothes shops. blah blah.......the feeling everyone is looking at you or talking about you but i assure you not.... it really doesn't happen after weight loss :) so was it ever just in my head.....NO lol its nice to go out now incognito lol

so please you felt like a super star hunni...you deserve it :)

Yup the eating while starving head is on is not easy lol trying to stuff it in is no fun.....especially when the end result is not being able to eat lol slow and steady all the way......funny because these should be the times we savour eh

Huge hugs all x x x x

Feel you regarding clothes ..
I have some lovely 28 tops and put one on the other day ..it's hanging off my shoulder obviously and made me look like a size 28 ...
I also put a top on that now was so long as my belly not sticking out I wore as a dress ...I just put a belt round it and put a vest top on underneath as arm holes soo big but the rest I'm putting in clothes bank xx

Attachments

• 20160825_093428.jpg
    20160825_093428.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
That's a pretty top Tracey , and I would be upset to give it away also ..
Not tried a belt as of yet but that's a good idea ..
Just been in Matalan and bought a summer/Autumn jacket in a lovely khaki colour .. Size 20 ! Can't do it all the way up as of yet but it's wearable and will fit through Autumn and maybe into a mild winter ..
Again , I've bought something ! But I did get hubby a pair of leather brogue shoes in a lovely camel colour , in the sales for £14 so I've kind of redeemed myself :)
Mindy
Xxxx

Omg yes I did ! Hahaha !
Can't wear that bugger though !

I erm accidentally bought 4 more tops from charity shops on my way to work today and erm a top, a cardigan and a gorgeous brand new dress originally marked at £65 for a mere £5 yesterday. All 16's and they all fit. It is an addictive feeling and its more about buying pretty things and them not only fitting but looking great :)
I've had a few bits and pieces it's been a real struggle to let go but I've tried to wear them and they look ridiculously big. There's some I have been able to get more wear out of using a belt though so it's definitely worth a try Mindy. I love my nurse style ones like I worse for the wedding which was only about a fiver from Amazon and you can get all different colours. I don't doubt you'll be in the 19's for Malta. That holiday seemed so far away when I joined this board and now it's nearly here :)

You hit the nail on the head there Fee !
Yes it's buying pretty things ! Yes .. Because the only choice we've had , mostly , when we were big , is old fashioned , ugly , and way over expensive , Evans clothing ! All box shaped tops and one cut trousers .. Maybe a little sequin thrown in for good measure ..
It's like a fairy tale door has opened and all we see are beautiful items now , items we longed for when we were window shopping and just dreamed of fitting into ..
We've turned into magpies !
Xxx

I can't stop going in primark .....
Tops for £4 not the best but when paying over £20 for a t-shirt in Evans it's a godsend as body changing..
I paid £45 for a pair of jeans in Evans
Just got jeans in primark for £6
Pay day for hubby next week yippee...
God help me when I get paid ..hubby says it's your money spend it on what you want ... gonna treat myself to a new bracelet xxx

I was in primark yesterday and I love the Harry Potter stuff they have. My clothes are hanging but not in Primark sizes yet, but did think about buying some large ones and shrinking into them. I've not shopped in Primani for years. I may go back and get them yet!

I'm addicted to their Harry Potter stuff :)

Yaaahooooo !
Lost 3.5lbs this week :):):) my scales flickered on 19st 13lb ( naked ) but Boots weighed as in the picture . I'm so pleased ..
Weight has been messing about for about 6 weeks but a good loss this week takes me to a mahoooosive total loss of
78 1/2lbs ... I can't even get my head around that number ..
So those of you who are reading this , wether new or old to this incredible weight loss journey of ours , don't be despondent , plough through the bad weeks as there is always going to be a good week on the other side of the gloom .. So stay focused and push through
Don't think for one minute that this journey is like all the other diets ( bad word ) because it's not .. Don't think a few weeks of maintaining is a failure , because it's not .. I'm not an expert and I don't have scientific fact to back me up , but I think our bodies need time sometimes to adjust .. This is why I think this ..
We've carried a huge amount of weight around for years havnt we ? Then suddenly that weight lessens . It's a dramatic weight loss at the beginning , try to imagine this affect on your body .. Suddenly it gets movement , where it was limited , all the organs suddenly have room to move and are free from those god awful high carbs and fats that it had to work overtime on .. The liver is working as it was meant to , easily cleaning and filtering and generally feeling happy now about its function in life
The same for the heart ! Do we have extra blood when we carry so much weight ? I know they state the average amount of blood in a body but would that include us ? My guess would be , we need more than the average amount of blood in our bodies , maybe at least another litre ? It's like putting a heavy trailer on a 1000cc car and expect the engine to function while towing it up hill in the mud ! My heart was pushing more blood than the average status .. Now it's beginning to reap the benefits and not beat like a scared bird ..
As for the lung function ? Well that's self explanatory .. It's so much easier to climb the stairs and be able to hold a conversation when I get to the top !
The whole body is reaping these benefits .. My skin is amazing , glowing , pink and healthy ..
You get the drift ..

So if we don't lose for a few weeks it really doesn't matter does it ? I believe our bodies are adjusting and settle into their new life .. Organs arnt squashed anymore and can swell to their natural shape ..
Give it time to adjust to this massive change , it's probably in shock at suddenly feeling more healthy lol !
Have a wonderful day you fabulous people !
Mindy
Xxxx

Back