• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Morning all !
Thank you so much for the posts .
I slept incredibly well seeing what's going to happen today ..
I've never had an operation in all my life so this is something new for me . I have been put under general anaesthetic to be re-stitched after I had my eldest , but that's all ..
Feeling very calm , but I'm sure that will change as soon as I see the nurse with a needle !
See you all on the other side , so budge up !
Mindy
Xxx

By the way ! Just another quickie ( said the actress to the bishop )
I have lost 16lb post op ! That's in 2 weeks !
Shame the liver shrink diet isn't sustainable eh ?
Mindy
Xxxx

By the way ! Just another quickie ( said the actress to the bishop ) I have lost 16lb post op ! That's in 2 weeks ! Shame the liver shrink diet isn't sustainable eh ? Mindy Xxxx
16lb is great, you'll be fine and if you wobble day 2 or 3 we all did X

That's amazing Mindy.
Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side. Here's to new beginnings and a new journey.

Take care and all the best with everything x x x

Best of luck Mindy! Looking forward to your updates xx

I'm on the other side !
All went well. Dr Byrne was very pleased and said I'd done a good on my liver :)

The pain on awakening wasn't something I was expecting though . It was like being kicked in the stomach by a horse with an extreme burning .. But a syringe of morphine took the edge off .
Plus I felt I couldn't take a good deep breath which make me panic a bit , but that's because there's air around the diaphragm stopping it from fully inflating . But that passes with about 20 mins
Updates later
Thank you all for your messages
Mindy
Xxx

Great news Mindy and welcome to the losers bench!

I would have panicked not been able to take a deep breath too.

Now rest and take it easy.

L x

Lovely to hear from Mindy. Was thinking of you. Great about the liver. All that hard work paid off! X x are you home now? Thanks for the heads up about the pin and breathing. Two things that would have panicked me also.

What time was your op? And when we're you out?

Enjoy being looked after today and relax and recover.

Here's to your new life ahead x x x x lots of love x x

Lovely to hear from Mindy. Was thinking of you. Great about the liver. All that hard work paid off! X x are you home now? Thanks for the heads up about the pin and breathing. Two things that would have panicked me also. What time was your op? And when we're you out? Enjoy being looked after today and relax and recover. Here's to your new life ahead x x x x lots of love x x
glad your ok x well done on your liver. Welcome to the bench X

Congratulations! Hope you're doing well and are feeling positive xox

I got to the hospital at 12pm , but don't think I went down till 5pm ish ?
Kept in until 5pm today to make sure I could eat broth and very loose yogurt , and to make sure that some swabs came back ok ..
Car ride is bumpy though !
Got a cup of tomato soup slackened down with almond milk .. It's the best thing I've ever tasted !

I'm so pleased it went ok Mindy!! The breathing scared me at first, I had to nebulise while I was in hospital. I could breathe properly after a couple of days though :)

So lovely to hear from you Mindy. Glad you're ok. Back home tonight to relax x x x x
Take care of yourself whilst you recover x x x x

Got my pillow ready for the car ride and even borrowing my dad's car as my hubby has a truck and I didn't fancy the ride home in my little mini!!

Thanks for the warning!!

I'm on the other side !
All went well. Dr Byrne was very pleased and said I'd done a good on my liver :)

The pain on awakening wasn't something I was expecting though . It was like being kicked in the stomach by a horse with an extreme burning .. But a syringe of morphine took the edge off .
Plus I felt I couldn't take a good deep breath which make me panic a bit , but that's because there's air around the diaphragm stopping it from fully inflating . But that passes with about 20 mins
Updates later
Thank you all for your messages
Mindy
Xxx
Good to have you back Mindy, and hope the pain is easing. Have been thinking about you. x

Back