• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

No loss this week , I stayed the same :)
I've been expecting this so I'm fine about it .. I bet my body has gone into shock after the huge 5lbs last week ! It had to stall at some stage so I'm glad I am ready for it ..

Does anyone else suffer from being cold ? I'm so cold most days .. I know the weather is extremely mild for this time of the year but usually I relish it being milder so I don't spend all day sweating , with my makeup sliding off my face .. This morning when I left home it actually felt like October ! You know those stunning mornings , when there is a beautiful dew on the grass and the wind has definitely changed and there is a chill in the air . I actually wanted to put my coat on ! But settled for a thick cardigan .. But silly me , I still wore my sandals and now my toes are little frozen chipolatas !
I also realised I am sleeping right under the duvet with it pulled up round my ears . Before surgery I would be sleeping with a leg and shoulders bared to the world with the sheet draped across hips .. Winter should be fun with my blubber body duvet depleted !

I'm spending a lot off time on YouTube watching make up lessons .. It's been a real eye opener for me as I had this set routine for make up that hasn't changed since forever .. I always wore foundation , but it seems I've been wearing the wrong colour all these years .. A trip to Boots to buy my same old Rimmel foundation in a Matt formula took me past an assistant who asked me if I had ever been colour tested ? Well I'm game ! Seems I've need a much darker one than I would ever have bought and I've been washing my face out with ivorys and pale colours .. I bought the No7 airbrushed foundation , a little more money , but omg it goes on like a dream , like silk and a little bit goes a long way . It doesn't look cakey at all .. That was the beginning of new obsession with YouTube and makeup .. I didn't know about contouring your cheeks etc ! My face looks totally different now with my new regime ..
So I've learnt I have to embrace change as it brings new and exciting things .. If we stay with what we know and what we feel most comfortable with , we stay in the same old rut and the same time loop .. I think I may book a make up lesson in John Lewis :) and I may grow my hair out to a longer bob style so I can do more things with it ..
It's a small start to come out of my cocoon and see just how I can improve myself and my life , not just with make up but everything ..
We have to start with ourself first , concentrate on us, before we can step out into this new brave world , breaking out of the every day comfort zone we have created .. I find I don't want to sit back and watch , I want to people to notice me now ..

A little deep thinking , sorry ..

Off to superdrug ? Yes I most definitely am !
Mindy
Xxxx

No loss this week , I stayed the same :)
I've been expecting this so I'm fine about it .. I bet my body has gone into shock after the huge 5lbs last week ! It had to stall at some stage so I'm glad I am ready for it ..

Does anyone else suffer from being cold ? I'm so cold most days .. I know the weather is extremely mild for this time of the year but usually I relish it being milder so I don't spend all day sweating , with my makeup sliding off my face .. This morning when I left home it actually felt like October ! You know those stunning mornings , when there is a beautiful dew on the grass and the wind has definitely changed and there is a chill in the air . I actually wanted to put my coat on ! But settled for a thick cardigan .. But silly me , I still wore my sandals and now my toes are little frozen chipolatas !
I also realised I am sleeping right under the duvet with it pulled up round my ears . Before surgery I would be sleeping with a leg and shoulders bared to the world with the sheet draped across hips .. Winter should be fun with my blubber body duvet depleted !

I'm spending a lot off time on YouTube watching make up lessons .. It's been a real eye opener for me as I had this set routine for make up that hasn't changed since forever .. I always wore foundation , but it seems I've been wearing the wrong colour all these years .. A trip to Boots to buy my same old Rimmel foundation in a Matt formula took me past an assistant who asked me if I had ever been colour tested ? Well I'm game ! Seems I've need a much darker one than I would ever have bought and I've been washing my face out with ivorys and pale colours .. I bought the No7 airbrushed foundation , a little more money , but omg it goes on like a dream , like silk and a little bit goes a long way . It doesn't look cakey at all .. That was the beginning of new obsession with YouTube and makeup .. I didn't know about contouring your cheeks etc ! My face looks totally different now with my new regime ..
So I've learnt I have to embrace change as it brings new and exciting things .. If we stay with what we know and what we feel most comfortable with , we stay in the same old rut and the same time loop .. I think I may book a make up lesson in John Lewis :) and I may grow my hair out to a longer bob style so I can do more things with it ..
It's a small start to come out of my cocoon and see just how I can improve myself and my life , not just with make up but everything ..
We have to start with ourself first , concentrate on us, before we can step out into this new brave world , breaking out of the every day comfort zone we have created .. I find I don't want to sit back and watch , I want to people to notice me now ..

A little deep thinking , sorry ..

Off to superdrug ? Yes I most definitely am !
Mindy
Xxxx

So many positives in the post Mindy! It's lovely you are taking interest in your make up and hair, a new found confidence!

I am obsessed with you tube too. Have you tried revolution make up? They are in superdrug, very inexpensive but the quality is amazing, especially their eyeshadow pallets!
Wait until you move on to the skincare videos - it will eat your money lol

Omg Branches !
I bought the ' fortunes the brave ' pallet last week ! I felt like a teenager buying it ! So beautiful ! Tried a few colours out buy my eyelids are hooded and crepe so I have to practice a lot .. I've never been one to wear eyeshadow but was shocked to see how a little brown on the lids can make my blue eyes really pop ! My fav to watch on YouTube is Nisha , sugarpuffandfluff .. I could happily watch her all day .. She's the one that got me started .. Another I find extremely watchable is Jeffrey Starr .. OMG he's so funny and dramatic ! But and incredible make up artiste .. Nike tutorials is another fav .. This girl is incredible !
I saw an eyeshadow pallet on there last night that made my heart flutter .. Look at
and fast forward to 8 mins if you want to and look at this eyeshadow pallet ! Can't get it for love nor money though , it's sold out everywhere .. It would be one of those beautiful items I would squirrel away and look at every now and then .. So much money lol !
I need to curb my speeding a little bit or I'm not going to have any holiday money !

Rosanna pierce is one I love and Miss Budget Beauty. I like the UK ones as then you know you can buy the items. So easy to lure you into spending though! You can see why they get paid to advertise!!!

That was a lovely post Mindy. I'm not at your stage yet but very much looking forward to starting to emerge from my protective cocoon in order to grow and develop into a butterfly. I think I might start you tubing make up lessons as well - perhaps give it another couple of weeks, not quite ready to have people notice me. Thank you for you post, I found it heart warming to read xx

That was a lovely post Mindy. I'm not at your stage yet but very much looking forward to starting to emerge from my protective cocoon in order to grow and develop into a butterfly. I think I might start you tubing make up lessons as well - perhaps give it another couple of weeks, not quite ready to have people notice me. Thank you for you post, I found it heart warming to read xx

Morning Lynne
I've spent hours and hours on there now .. One clip leads me to another and last night I spent a couple of hours watching drag queens put their make up on ! Now those guys are seriously talented artistes .. To turn your manly face into a beautiful feminine face is amazing to watch .. Yes it's stage make up and it's so thick but you can still pick up tips ..
I've even set up a dressing table where as before I was just sitting on my bed with make up bag and a mirror .. I've made a Hollywood mirror as well !
It's also a good way to keep yourself occupied ..

Mindy re: the cold thing. I am constantly freezing. But when I'm sat there shivering and telling people to feel my hands to see how cold I am when they laugh at me, I'm never colder than they are. Is this a normal temperature to be? Why don't more people complain they're cold??

Well I'm on the third week of my stall :(
The scales are cruel and say I've put in 2lb ! I'm totally peed off today with this result but not beaten ..
I'm going to go back to basics to jump start the weight loss again . Might do the pre op diet for a week but not as drastic . I will add yogurt and a bit more fruit to it ..
I always knew the path would be full of ups and downs , so I knew I would face a stall at some time but it doesn't make it any less frustrating ..
Still running around like a loony at the moment with work and looking after mum , so I know I've had to grab food on the go which can and will lead back to bad habits , so I need to knock that on the head starting from today ! Looking back at my food diary I seem to have been living off granola as its perfect for the crunch and I love it , so going to knock that on the head and go back to either porridge or weetabix protein .. I've got all I need in the fridge and will make myself a packed lunch as I have an all day shift today ..
Health wise I have never felt better .. I'm taking more of an interest in my appearance , not that I didn't before , but I'm more attentive to make up and clothes etc .. Looking a little more polished if that makes sense .. My hair is growing like a weed ! I'm hoping to grow this short hair out into something softer and longer .. Hoping it won't look like a mullet while growing out ! Hahaha !
I'm so glad I started my food diary as I have something to go over to see where it might be going wrong ..
Also going to phone my support team today and get another appointment for a fill as I'm still able to eat a large amount .. I'm nearly there but not quiet ..
Hoping you are all ok ? I do pop in and read the threads but have been in such a hurry the last few weeks ..
My work mate has handed her notice in as well :( . I'm so gutted by this , I feel angry at the thought of not having her there during the day .. She's leaving to become a teachers assistant at our local school , and it's something she will be so good at and I am so chuffed for her , but at the same time gutted .. She's on holiday this week so it's been busy trying to keep her job covered along with mine .. We laugh a lot and she totally supports me in my weight loss journey which has been a massive boost while at work .. I don't think we will be replacing her either as her work can be outsourced which is fine with me as I don't want to replace her ..
Time to haul ass and get this face and body ready for action !
Have a wonderful day all
Mindy
Xxxx

Morning ...
Wow you sound so busy...
Hope you sort your stall out ..don't cut down too much you sound very busy and on the go ... so will need some energy ...
Hopefully your work colleague is not going to far away and you can still meet up for a latte and a chat
Have a good day xxx

I feel your pain Mindy, I have almost hit a stall too. 3lbs in 3 weeks. I'm going back to basics too.

We can do this! It will start falling off again.

Make sure you find time for yourself too amongst the busyness! x

Definitely not beaten, you can do it Mindy! Wishing you the best with all that is going on at the moment :)

Hey all .. Thank you for the encouragement !
I'm feeling very upbeat and not dissapointed at all .. We all know the dreaded stall is going to happen .. And it can and will be disheartening if we are not aware and prepared for it ..
It would have been so easy yesterday , after weighing in , to just grab some junk and stuff my face .. My head really wanted to and I came so close to saying .''. Have a tub of Ben and Jerrys , then you can start the healthy eating tomorrow '' .. It's just so easy isn't it ? Those niggling little voices inside the head that never change even after 4 months , it took me by suprise really lol !
But I fought it and ended up in Coffee1#. With a lovely medium latte and a bowl of banana and cinnamon porridge :)
Went home and threw the packets of granola away also .. I think I might be getting an addiction to the sugars in it ? That bloody nasty carb demon creeping into something that is sort of healthy .. Well that's kicked to the kerb !
This morning I had 2 of those delicious protein weetabix with semi milk , which lasted me all morning until lunchtime when I grabbed a latte from next door and I've just eaten a bowl of Italian salad leaves and quorn pieces at 2pm ..
Tonight I'm having some Boodles and 2 eggs .. Fruit and Greek yogurt to follow ..
Feeling very very upbeat and positive :):):)

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now besides the weight loss. I second the request you find some time for yourself in amongst looking after your mum. I've been a carer before I was the one being cared for and it can be so emotionally draining. I am sorry to hear about losing your work mate too. Really good colleagues make such a difference especially when you think how much of our life we spend at work!
It sounds like you've got your practical, focused head on as usual and are paying close attention as ever. You know you will break this stall and I think you deserve a good result when you do and then you'll be off losing week on week again. I'll keep you in my thoughts x

Just a thought but are you eating enough, I've had some weeks when I've eaten a little more and lost weight. Are your clothes getting smaller as I also noticed the scales had hardly shifted for a few weeks but my shape had changed. It sounds like you have a good plan to go back to basics, best of luck for the next week x

Yep I have deff changed shape .. My waist has tucked right in and my ass shelf is none existent ! I have a habit of stand , resting my arm behind me on my ass shelf , but I don't have much to rest on now :)
Another day .
Onwards and downwards !

Head up cheast out...
Mindy you are doing fabulous
I am starting to come out of the cold feeling at last (feet, shoukders and face) , it was horrid never suffered from feeling the cold or being that cold before surgery. I think stalling weight loss is quite normal as your body adjusts from time to time. I've looked st what has sneeked in to my week and normally found something wrong ...biscuits, crisps, not enough water, wrong protein even chips off the kids plates were going on mine. Head strength is needed and support from everyone to keep going.....eyes on the prize!
Xxxxxxxx

In my case I'm sure it was the granola and I was beginning to live on it and like all addicts it was becoming a bad habit .. It's has that wonderful crunch and sweetness and with Greek yogurt it's just amazing lol ..
So back to basics for the last 2 days which has actually made me feel fuller and more settled I myself .. I sure do need rules in my life it seems !

Back