• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Ha ha! Was just thinking the same thing the other day when I popped into my local charity shops,don't bigger people give clothes away? Why is the rails full of 12/14/16/18 ( sometimes!) clothes?

Ha ha! Was just thinking the same thing the other day when I popped into my local charity shops,don't bigger people give clothes away? Why is the rails full of 12/14/16/18 ( sometimes!) clothes?
Good question as I have 6 bags of 30/32 clothes to go to charity but i don't want to take them to my local shop. Partly because i live in a rural area so I don't want people I know or know me making comments about my clothes, and also because I see very few people my size locally so don't think there is a need. I prefer to put my clothes in the Sally Army bin where they go to the inner cities and are more likely to be used and valued.

PS Normally I wear my clothes out until they are not fit to go to a charity shop as I have to watch the pennies so no cheapies like Primark.

When I first lose a ton of weight I took my old clothes into my local cancer shop and they said to me that they needed bigger clothes as that's what customers were asking for but didn't see anything above a size 18 so I was a little confused now months on I don't really see much change you might find the odd size 20 but beyond that.....good luck in your search! We " losers" may not have any need for our old clothes but I don't see people not wanting size 22 and above clothes

Ok, you have convinced me to make enquiries. :) I actually have a meeting with the CEO of my local charity shop tomorrow so can ask her who is the best person to ask. That feels better than asking one of the volunteers who may make a drama of finding out!

LOL i used to have same problem...... like you i wore my clothes till they were only fit for the bin... maybe were all the same....especially when we have to pay a fortune for them eh

Keep looking people do donate every day

Funnily enough I have seen some lovely stuff during my very regular charity shop visits that's too big :) I have stuff ready to go in the next lot that I bought from the same shop a couple of months ago. When I reach my goal and settle at a size for good I will get a few things I specifically want that I don't ever see in charity shops like rockabilly dresses etc but you can get so much great stuff in excellent condition and support a worthy cause that I think I'll carry on shopping in charity shops for good. When I was younger I did really struggle to find anything at all that would fit and if it did it was so much older looking than I was.

It is weird if you do spot your own stuff on the rails though. It's not happened much but I do sort of dread it even though I'm not sure why!

I passed my clothes on to my friend who on a diet!! She's lost a good amount so 3 bin bags of 34/32/30/28 went to her earlier this year then I took 2 sacks 26/24/22 a few months ago I've told her when she's finished it must go to local charity shops.... however now I'm down even more I think I'm going to eBay stuff as needing pennies back. Would love to get down to a 14 top and bottoms

We ebayed all my good stuff including clothes I'd bought and never fitted in so they were still new with tags. By the time I dug them out again they were too big. I bet I'm not the only one who used to do that :) It was definitely satisfying getting some money back. It sounds like your friend is doing well with her weight loss too.

A small achievement for some , much a damn huge one for me !
Went to daughters again at the weekend .. she has an 18 week old Maine Coon kitten called Max and I love him to bits and want to spend time with him before he gets big ..
Anyway ... the estate they work for has a farm shop .. they make all foods by hand ..
They make the best cheesecake I have ever eaten , including the one I make .. it's not a baked one , I find those very claggy in the mouth .. this cheese cake is whipped to an inch of its life , so light and creamy.. You get a really big slice for the money to .. I adore this cheesecake and the old Mindy would eat 2 slices with no problem and be picking at anyone else's that might be left on the plate ..
I bought 2 slices , intending to share with my mum the following day , kind of like a tea party treat for her .. well I forgot to take it round .. opened the fridge when I got home to grab a mini cheese and laid eyes on the boxes ... Dum dum dummmmmm.. drum roll
Demons took over .. I opened up a box and took a spoon full , moving it around in my mouth slowly .. letting the filling melt and dissolve , crunching into the amazing base .. swallowed it ... it was spectacular ! Hitting all the senses like a pin ball machine .. put the box down and went to turn the microwave off .. went back to box intending to eat the whole thing along with mums ..
Something clicked in me .. I stopped mid air with fork in hand ... looked at it with its bite missing ..
It didn't look as tempting as it did .. infact , I suddenly had no interest in it all ..
I cannot explain it ..
almost like a switch flicking off along with the microwave lol !
I put the lid back on the box , walked outside and put it in the big rubbish bin ..
taking mum's piece to her today , I hope she enjoys it , but I won't be the bystander this time .. with bootlace drool hanging from my mouth , watching crumbs fall and hoping mum will leave a big peice so I can snaffle it ..

Anyone else had this happen to them ? A real light bulb moment that changes the view on something you used to drool over ?
Mindy
Xxxx

IMG_0630.JPG Thought I would show you my furbaby grandson .. his full name is Maximum Decimus Meridius . After the Gladiator movie ..
I can't wait for the vet to call that name ! Hahahaha !

That's an excellent achievement. Way to go you!

As for that kittie. Cuteness overload!

OMG he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute :)
MEGGA MEGGA well done on the cheesecake too it takes ALOT of muster to do that........long may it continue sweetheart :) whooopppppppp whoooop anither NSV me thinks .......... x x x x x x x

Gorgeous cat and huge achievement for you too! It takes real gumption to stop once you've had that first mouthful x

Well done Mindy!!! Tell you what that switch it..it's that part that says you spent 5k of your hard earned money to get a band what the hell are you doing!!!! Whenever the devil tries to tempt me with 1000 calories of dairy milk my head says what a bloody waste of money your sleeve would be now get a grip of yourself!!! I then feel angry inside because I'm desperate for chocolate but I know it's wrong and stupid!! Aagghhh !!!!! God why don't we crave broccoli x

A small achievement for some , much a damn huge one for me !
Went to daughters again at the weekend .. she has an 18 week old Maine Coon kitten called Max and I love him to bits and want to spend time with him before he gets big ..
Anyway ... the estate they work for has a farm shop .. they make all foods by hand ..
They make the best cheesecake I have ever eaten , including the one I make .. it's not a baked one , I find those very claggy in the mouth .. this cheese cake is whipped to an inch of its life , so light and creamy.. You get a really big slice for the money to .. I adore this cheesecake and the old Mindy would eat 2 slices with no problem and be picking at anyone else's that might be left on the plate ..
I bought 2 slices , intending to share with my mum the following day , kind of like a tea party treat for her .. well I forgot to take it round .. opened the fridge when I got home to grab a mini cheese and laid eyes on the boxes ... Dum dum dummmmmm.. drum roll
Demons took over .. I opened up a box and took a spoon full , moving it around in my mouth slowly .. letting the filling melt and dissolve , crunching into the amazing base .. swallowed it ... it was spectacular ! Hitting all the senses like a pin ball machine .. put the box down and went to turn the microwave off .. went back to box intending to eat the whole thing along with mums ..
Something clicked in me .. I stopped mid air with fork in hand ... looked at it with its bite missing ..
It didn't look as tempting as it did .. infact , I suddenly had no interest in it all ..
I cannot explain it ..
almost like a switch flicking off along with the microwave lol !
I put the lid back on the box , walked outside and put it in the big rubbish bin ..
taking mum's piece to her today , I hope she enjoys it , but I won't be the bystander this time .. with bootlace drool hanging from my mouth , watching crumbs fall and hoping mum will leave a big peice so I can snaffle it ..

Anyone else had this happen to them ? A real light bulb moment that changes the view on something you used to drool over ?
Mindy
Xxxx
I have put things in my mouth!! And spat out as I thought what am I doing xxx

Well done Mindy!!! Tell you what that switch it..it's that part that says you spent 5k of your hard earned money to get a band what the hell are you doing!!!! Whenever the devil tries to tempt me with 1000 calories of dairy milk my head says what a bloody waste of money your sleeve would be now get a grip of yourself!!! I then feel angry inside because I'm desperate for chocolate but I know it's wrong and stupid!! Aagghhh !!!!! God why don't we crave broccoli x

I actually think part that may be right .. each time I go into my fav coffee shop I stare at the cakes etc and it gets easier each time to look and think they look beautiful but I don't want any .. not so much the money I don't think , but the thought that my loved ones have invested in me ..

I have put things in my mouth!! And spat out as I thought what am I doing xxx

Oh yes done that several times ! And it's always the most fattening things that find their way into my mouth
( said the actress to the bishop :rolleyes: )

Back