• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Your all so damn sweet .. thank you all for the lovely comments ..
it's my last night here in Malta and it's with mixed feelings that I leave ..
it's been an incredible liberating holiday where I've walked around a pool area in my swimsuit ! In full view of strangers ! I've worn every single item of clothing I packed , usually I've worn the same c,others I'm comfy in ? But this time I've enjoyed seeing what's waiting for me in the wardrobe .. all bright colours and sleeveless tops and dresses .. my arms are lovely and brown so I don't mind showing them off , even the bingo wings flapping hasn't fazed me to much .. ...
I'm wearing slinky marks and Spencer's negligee ! One in white which is all straps and looks amazing with my tan :)
White plastic chairs that plaque restaurants and cafes made me think twice but I knew they weren't a problem although I still sit gingerly lol ..
A few food issues but nothing major and to be honest I can't wait to get home tomorrow and go shopping for all my fav healthy Band food , I've missed it .. I feel a need to do a detox ..
Food in general .. I've been disappointed I guess .. the foods which before would have seen me drooling over , have massively let me down this time .. even ice cream hasn't had me stopping at each gelato vendor to sample another yummy flavour .. I've eaten ice cream 3 times and one of those times was McDonald's lol .. the only food I really could eat a ton of is Bruschetta .. it's such a simple dish really , a starter usually .. toasted Maltese bread , sometimes rubbed with garlic , piled up with chopped fresh tomatoes , basil , onions , sometimes some cheese added and hubby likes fresh tuna mixed in his .. we sprinkle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it and munch .. oh my gosh it's so good , the tomatoes are so sweet and fresh .. I will be making this at home !
Mozzarella is something I cannot tolerate .. I can't chew it down enough to swallow it ! The more I chewed the more it became like chewing gum ! Yuk ! Spat that out into a serviette !
Malta is changing fast , so fast I don't think they are able to keep up with themselves .. buildings are springing up everywhere .. I was on,y here 3 years ago and the difference is massive .. it's still so magical though , esp at night when all the lights are on and they reflect into the inky waters .. I swam in the Blue Lagoon , even jumping off the side of the boat ( I know ! Get me ! ) . I think I'm going to take up swimming. A few times a week when I get back .. it will help with toning, knee muscles and general well being ..
I've felt the full impact of the weight loss this holiday and it's been amazing ..
Cant wait to read through all the diaries that I've missed since I've been away !
Hugs to you all
Xxxxx
It sounds like you have had an amazing holiday!

The tomatoes I had in Cyprus were a revelation, so much better than the ones we get here. Reading your description has made me miss them all over again :)

Hey Mindy! Wooo hoooo look at you! So glad you have had such a good holiday and your weightloss has made such a difference for you. you look amazing in those pictures!

What a lovely inspirational post to read CW, how lovely that your first holiday since wls was such an amazingly positive one, you know you sound like such a lovely lady X

Did the dreaded deed this morning and stepped on the scales ! 4lb on .. I'm surprised by that and pleased .. I thought it would be more .. I've been drinking wine and eating a lot of olive oil and bread along with wine a few times .. generally eating a little bit of everything :) ..
So onwards and upwards !
Xxxx

WOW lovely lady sounds like you've had an amazing time.........your looking absolutely fabulous and feeling it too be the sounds of it :) loving that jumpsuit....... you look a million dollars .......... love that feeling when you can just slip something on.......hold on to that wonderful feeling sweetheart and carry on reaching for the stars x x x x x

Your all so damn sweet .. thank you all for the lovely comments ..
it's my last night here in Malta and it's with mixed feelings that I leave ..
it's been an incredible liberating holiday where I've walked around a pool area in my swimsuit ! In full view of strangers ! I've worn every single item of clothing I packed , usually I've worn the same c,others I'm comfy in ? But this time I've enjoyed seeing what's waiting for me in the wardrobe .. all bright colours and sleeveless tops and dresses .. my arms are lovely and brown so I don't mind showing them off , even the bingo wings flapping hasn't fazed me to much .. ...
I'm wearing slinky marks and Spencer's negligee ! One in white which is all straps and looks amazing with my tan :)
White plastic chairs that plaque restaurants and cafes made me think twice but I knew they weren't a problem although I still sit gingerly lol ..
A few food issues but nothing major and to be honest I can't wait to get home tomorrow and go shopping for all my fav healthy Band food , I've missed it .. I feel a need to do a detox ..
Food in general .. I've been disappointed I guess .. the foods which before would have seen me drooling over , have massively let me down this time .. even ice cream hasn't had me stopping at each gelato vendor to sample another yummy flavour .. I've eaten ice cream 3 times and one of those times was McDonald's lol .. the only food I really could eat a ton of is Bruschetta .. it's such a simple dish really , a starter usually .. toasted Maltese bread , sometimes rubbed with garlic , piled up with chopped fresh tomatoes , basil , onions , sometimes some cheese added and hubby likes fresh tuna mixed in his .. we sprinkle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it and munch .. oh my gosh it's so good , the tomatoes are so sweet and fresh .. I will be making this at home !
Mozzarella is something I cannot tolerate .. I can't chew it down enough to swallow it ! The more I chewed the more it became like chewing gum ! Yuk ! Spat that out into a serviette !
Malta is changing fast , so fast I don't think they are able to keep up with themselves .. buildings are springing up everywhere .. I was on,y here 3 years ago and the difference is massive .. it's still so magical though , esp at night when all the lights are on and they reflect into the inky waters .. I swam in the Blue Lagoon , even jumping off the side of the boat ( I know ! Get me ! ) . I think I'm going to take up swimming. A few times a week when I get back .. it will help with toning, knee muscles and general well being ..
I've felt the full impact of the weight loss this holiday and it's been amazing ..
Cant wait to read through all the diaries that I've missed since I've been away !
Hugs to you all
Xxxxx
Really enjoyed reading that post, so so pleased that you were more relaxed with your body this holiday.
Where to next time?

It seems to have been a long long week since I got back from Malta ..
I don't feel ill as such , but I feel off kilter . I got a cold hanging around but I do t think it's that , I can't quite put my finger on what it is .. I'm tired , cannot rouse energy for the life of me , cannot get comfy at night , everything seems to ache . Not a head ache , but more of a fuzzy head , generally grumpy , or grumpier hahahah ! Terribly bloated and windy ! Seriously windy .. everything in the lower tummy seems to be bubbling and rolling ? No pain , I can just feel it working more than usual .. no pain any where .. might just be fighting off a sicky things I guess ..
I'm not over eating either I don't think .. like today I've had a bowl of porridge and a latte , then because I've felt so bloated today I've just settled for a bowl of tomato soup ( bless that stuff ) and a ryvitas cracker with a mini cheese triangle on it .. delicious .. tomato soup is the go to food for anything isn't it ! I know it's a slider but sometimes only that delicious red liquid will do ..
I've got some windeze pills somewhere so think I'm going to dig them out and see if that helps with the bloat and farts lol.
Enough of my whinging !
I've havnt had time to read through all of the diaries ! Wow you losers have been so busy .. so apologies and I will try and catch up soon and say hi to the newbies ..
Xxxxxxxx

Ah bless you Countrywench, sorry I don't have any answers but didn't want to read and leave without sending you a feel brighter soon hug xx, PS I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for tomatoe soup Any other flavour but not tomato XxX

It seems to have been a long long week since I got back from Malta ..
I don't feel ill as such , but I feel off kilter . I got a cold hanging around but I do t think it's that , I can't quite put my finger on what it is .. I'm tired , cannot rouse energy for the life of me , cannot get comfy at night , everything seems to ache . Not a head ache , but more of a fuzzy head , generally grumpy , or grumpier hahahah ! Terribly bloated and windy ! Seriously windy .. everything in the lower tummy seems to be bubbling and rolling ? No pain , I can just feel it working more than usual .. no pain any where .. might just be fighting off a sicky things I guess ..
I'm not over eating either I don't think .. like today I've had a bowl of porridge and a latte , then because I've felt so bloated today I've just settled for a bowl of tomato soup ( bless that stuff ) and a ryvitas cracker with a mini cheese triangle on it .. delicious .. tomato soup is the go to food for anything isn't it ! I know it's a slider but sometimes only that delicious red liquid will do ..
I've got some windeze pills somewhere so think I'm going to dig them out and see if that helps with the bloat and farts lol.
Enough of my whinging !
I've havnt had time to read through all of the diaries ! Wow you losers have been so busy .. so apologies and I will try and catch up soon and say hi to the newbies ..
Xxxxxxxx
Sorry to hear you are out of sorts. This cold that is going around is knocking people for six. I am wondering if you have become dehydrated from the flight? Do you suffer with SAD? Coming from a sunny place to the autumn darkness could have kicked off a change in the brain or it could be post holiday blues. Look after yourself and take it easy.

I actually think it is a heavy cold that Sam suggested ..
I am such hardy person usually , I never get the bugs that are being passed about and I havnt had a cold for probably over 5 plus years ..
I've woken this morning feeling like I've hit been hit by husbands bus ! May have to have words with him ! :):)
Face feels like I've been punched so it's gone straight into my sinus . I don't have time for this lol !
Took a couple of windeze as Daisy suggested and don't feel half as bloated this morning so will take another couple to keep it at bay just in case ..
housebound this morning waiting for a man to come and mend several window latches , I don't know about you guys but I hate being made to wait indoors grrrrr .. suppose I should get a little cleaning done while I wait .. hmmm ..

Whoa I'm a moaning Minnie this morning !
Hugs
Xxxxx

I forgot to post before I went on hols about my new coat !
My old £19.99 one off the back of newspaper magazine was hanging off me and frankly I've always hated how it looked 'old' on me , but it wasn't overly hot and served a purpose ( now n the charity shop )
So I started a hunt for a new coat and ended up in marks and spencer getting bits for my mum .. now my hubby is amazingly good at picking out clothes for me and my daughters , they love clothes shopping with him , plus he's handy for carrying bags :)
Anyway , I was nose down , trundling along , heading for the knicker department not even glancing around me when I hear my name .. malc has this lovely khaki fur lined coat in his mitts , waving at me .. I'm like , well that won't fit me you silly chap .. he insists I try it on and it fit like a glove .. a size 20 ..
Me , in a marks and spencer coat .. it might seem like such a silly thing to see , but this is massive to me .. to actually walk ( or trolley in my case lol ) into this hallowed store and find clothing that fits me is utterly amazing ..
I cannot remember the last time I had a decent coat , one intentionally to keep me warm ! I've always been so over heated in a coat before .. now I find I'm so chilly all the time ! I've even got a thick scarf to wrap round my neck which was unheard of last winter ! And gloves !
Still can't do the zippers up on my boots mind you rofllll. But hey , it's the little things that make this amazing journey so worth while isn't it !
Mindy
Xxxxx

IMG_1608.JPG Finally I've been to Boots and found the scales working :hugs:
Happy with the weight as I know I put on 4lbs on holiday so I know I've lost that ..
I thought I'd never in a million years say this but I'm going to try and eat a few more calories rofflll !
I've lost a massive amount of weight in a short time and I think I need to slow it down .. I'm feeling baggy hahaha !
So will see what it does this next week , but I would be aiming for 1 maybe 2 lbs a week at the very most ..
so there is a gap between the Boots tickets due to them being out of action .. but this is my actual weight

Well done on the M&S coat and the loss! You have done amazingly well!

See how you get on eating more!!!

Your doing amazingly well, feeling baggy a real fear of mine, how are you feeling in yourself today ?? good luck with trying to increase the calories x

I loved what you said about your coat so much. Your happiness shone through with every word.

Hi, I'm about to start my own journey and have found this forum really helpful, positive and encouraging. It's made me feel excitement for the first time on what's to come. I know that may sound a little strange as I know I should feel excited, but I am a person who puts my family and everyone else first so finding it hard to feel good when I feel guilty about doing something just for myself. My family are really encouraging and tell me it's about time I put myself first but I still find it difficult. Well just wanted to thank you for you insight.

Hi Made
I cannot stress enough how unselfish this surgery actually is ..
At first I thought the same .. Spending all this money on me ? I could do so much with that money , like a holiday for us all etc .. but now , I can see this from the other side ..
if I had not done anything about my weight , I would become a bigger burden on my family .. more that I was .. I was vastly becoming fully disabled with no chance of help .. I only need new knees , but it was never going to happen at my old weight , I'd been turned down a couple of times by the actual surgeon , telling me I had far to much fat around my legs to heal and he would never consider surgery .. so I would have been destined to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair being pushed about by my husband and kids , putting more and more stress on them ..
the psychological side of my weight would have taken a toll on the also .. because I was getting more and more miserable ...Looking back , i can see how many wasted years I've had , where I didnt want to go anywhere , not do things , could not do things with my wonderful hubby and girls ..
So take it from me Hun , it's not a selfish thing at all .. if it's within your reach then go ahead and reap the benefits ..
I'm planning horse riding lessons in April for gods sake ! Riding lessons ! I'm wearing clothes I actually like not because I have to .. I feel happier which in turn makes my family happy .. I'm healthier , not so out of breath , blood pressure is good , I'm no longer high risk of a stroke , not that that's for certain ..
These are only my thoughts and opinions and you have to make up your own mind ..
Do you want be heavier or lighter this time next year .. Do you want to become disabled in some way .. do you want to be happier and more content in yourself .. only you can make up your own mind ..
Mindy
Xxxxx

Back