• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Toni, How are you getting on? Have you tried anything other than wheetabix yet? I am still doing well on my babyfood, well thats what it looks like ha ha

There were some complications for me. I had bowel syrgery as a child so when Mr Jain operated I had too many adhesions for the bypass. So I had the sleeve. He had prewarned me of this and I was aware this might happen.

There were no HDU beds when I came out of theatre and ended up being in recovery for 8 hours. My mum and hubby didnt see me for first 6 hours cos relatives cant come into recovery. But at 6 hours I twisted the sisters arm to let them in. I am in HDU now. The nurse is lovely but its really disorientaing as they all chat in their language around me... as if the morphine didnt space me enough lol.

They say I might be able to go today but not sure im upto journey yet. We have travelodge an extra night so may end up staying their. See what mum thinks

Sorry to hear u have had it tough Claudia... goodluck to those in today

Right im nodding again ?.... zz

I'm actually still in luluah I got moved to cobham and it's wonderful I feel amazing this morning, sorry you had a rough time too in just sipping some tea it's heaven xx glad your ok hun just think things happen for a reason and you may of had a sleeve for a good reason! Xxx

Good luck to all of you post-op surgery newbies! :)

It's gets easier. Pain gets less, weight drops. It's awesome. Look forward to the rest of your slimmer lives guys.

Best wishes! xx

Hi sue, doing much better thank you, I've managed mashed potato with beans and or spaghetti mashed up and mashed potato with mince blended too. I agree all very baby like but tastes nice surprisingly lol that's about as brave as I have been though. What about you? Xx

I'm actually still in luluah I got moved to cobham and it's wonderful I feel amazing this morning, sorry you had a rough time too in just sipping some tea it's heaven xx glad your ok hun just think things happen for a reason and you may of had a sleeve for a good reason! Xxx

Im moving to ward 22 in a bit.... one more night...
Glad ur feeling better... im still feeling a little washed out.
Im thankful and yea I agree, everything happens for a reason. Is cobham far? Would be nice to meet you if ur about ?

Toni, How are you getting on? Have you tried anything other than wheetabix yet? I am still doing well on my babyfood, well thats what it looks like ha ha

I pureed up some healthy food and put baby size pots in freezer a few days before op. I thought this will help me later on in my journey...

Big Dave, have you heard from Fatbloke at all, nobody has heard anything, he was due to have his surgery last Friday

Awesome thank you I just wasn't sure being post surgery how well it would settle but I know were not meant to have chewing gum so wanted mints like polo's x

Had bypass yesterday about 3 pm and can go home today. Feeling quite good really. Was going to stay in hotel tonight as live two hours away from hospital but bed was so uncomfortable might head straight home instead. Glad someone has heard from Fatbloke.

All the best for us all on this new journey.

Back