• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

Well done Niccie, what a fantastic achievement. I want to get to 10 stones and as of this morning am 11 stones 4. I just want to have a normal bmi where I'm not overweight. Having said that having gone from morbidly obese to merely overweight is great and I was over the moon when it happened. I think at this stage though that going to the gym is really necessary (for me anyway) to keep the losses coming. I just wish it could make my saggy arms toned but sadly whatever I do they'll still be there. Still it's a small price to pay for being fit and healthy.

Well done Niccie, what a fantastic achievement. I want to get to 10 stones and as of this morning am 11 stones 4. I just want to have a normal bmi where I'm not overweight. Having said that having gone from morbidly obese to merely overweight is great and I was over the moon when it happened. I think at this stage though that going to the gym is really necessary (for me anyway) to keep the losses coming. I just wish it could make my saggy arms toned but sadly whatever I do they'll still be there. Still it's a small price to pay for being fit and healthy.
Snap with the saggy arms! They are reducing a little, keep going :)

Funnily enough Niccie I was looking at mine this morning and thinking they looked a bit smaller, so here's hoping. Must admit I'm finding the gym hard work. I'm still only doing 2 days per week. In my head I always plan to go 3 or even 4 times but never manage it. eed to give myself a boot up the bum I think!

I only do the gym once a week and pt session once a week, tap, ballet and then dog walking more days. X

Well I decided to go at least 3 times this week but still only managed 2. Had to leave my session early yesterday as was suddenly doubled up in pain. It lasted most of the day on and off. Went to the loo a bit which helped, but every time I ate it would start up again so didn't eat much. Seems fine today though.

Well I decided to go at least 3 times this week but still only managed 2. Had to leave my session early yesterday as was suddenly doubled up in pain. It lasted most of the day on and off. Went to the loo a bit which helped, but every time I ate it would start up again so didn't eat much. Seems fine today though.
Oh that sounds nasty X

I think it was the new bread that I'd been eating for the previous week. It was a soya and linseed loaf, and I'd probably had a slice every day and I think it was just too much for my system. I haven't had any since and, touch wood, have been fine.

How's everyone doing? Next week marks 1 year since my gastric sleeve surgery and iv gone from over 32 stone to just under 16 stone as of this morning! I couldn't be happier! This has been the easiest journey for me no problems whatsoever & I don't miss food never have, I'm so happy I went through with it it's changed my life I'm aiming for 12 stone for xmas which I'm sure I can do because it's still dropping off at a good rate
For anyone considering this surgery don't give up and just do it it's been life changing for me
And to top it off I have no loose skin really apart from my arms and there very bad, I know this might change as more weight drops off but either way I'm so much happier than I ever have been

How's everyone doing? Next week marks 1 year since my gastric sleeve surgery and iv gone from over 32 stone to just under 16 stone as of this morning! I couldn't be happier! This has been the easiest journey for me no problems whatsoever & I don't miss food never have, I'm so happy I went through with it it's changed my life I'm aiming for 12 stone for xmas which I'm sure I can do because it's still dropping off at a good rate
For anyone considering this surgery don't give up and just do it it's been life changing for me
And to top it off I have no loose skin really apart from my arms and there very bad, I know this might change as more weight drops off but either way I'm so much happier than I ever have been

Congratulations on your surgery anniversary! You have done amazingly well and it is good to hear that you have had no major issues - this is what I need to hear at 6 days to my op!!!

Good luck with the rest of your journey and fingers crossed for those 4stone before Christmas!

That's fantastic progress Kirsty! You've done so well and by the sounds of things it's still full steam ahead:)
You're so lucky not to have loose skin.
It's my one year oppiversary on Sunday and I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 10/12. Down from 17 stone 12 to 10 stone 6, my BMI is now 26. Initial goal is to get to 10 stone, but ideally I'd like to be between 9.5 stone - 9 stone 10. It's still moving but slowly. I do have loose skin but overall it's not that bad except on my arms which I hate. I can't say I never think of food, I'd say I'm even more obsessive now than I was pre-op. I do focus on healthy food though and my restriction is still good, unless it's something like biscuits or crisps - sod's law I can eat tons of them, so willpower is still needed.

Overall I'm delighted with my bypass and only wish I'd had it done years ago.

Well done both of you x

You must be so proud, well done just amazing xx

Kirstyjade and nicci .. Stunning loses, truly inspirational

Back