• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

Hi My surgery twin :)

Please don't be so hard on yourself. You've done incredibly well and you're not alone with it all Hun.

I have been at the same weight since Christmas and it's so frustrating and upsetting. No matter what I do, I can't seem to move any more weight. I could scream.

I'm still doing my classes and gym and so I just wish I could get the weight loss moving again.

Keep going and keep posting. We can do this!!

Sending hugs xx

My surgery was June 2015 and so far i've lost 8 stone, only about another stone to go and i'll be happy. ( happier).
I don't have too much loose skin so i suppose i've been very lucky but what i do have i love, i look at it and think that used to be filled with fat and when it comes down to it i would rather have loose skin than fat any day.
Every one of you on here is a success story, you may feel down sometimes but instead of focusing on the negatives think of the positives, think of your loose skin as a positive, the more loose skin the more fat you've lost xxxxx

So true Pauline I think it's hard but you do need to be positive it's just a blip in the road you've done amazing as we all have you have the tools and knowledge just start again I would recommend the gym I go 3 times a week helps with fitness and loose skin for me the loose skin is not a problem is rather that than go back to 23 stone with constant back and knee pain high BP so for me it's a no brainer I embrace that this is what my body looks like and it's a reminder never ever to get to that size again I've realised now that I will control my food and exercise for the rest of my life and am happy with that I think the CBT will be very good for you I'm down 8 stone now since op I've hit a stall for the past 3 weeks but it's ok I just keep doing what I'm doing the body just needs to adjust as we get smaller but I'm down in inches that's from the gym so hang in there xxx

You all are doing amazing.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Kick up arse though has happened and I am getting back to it. Please keep me accountable ladies (and gents)

I've just looked at the start of this thread, there were loads of us on August..,, what happened to them all!?

I'm still about but don't post much. It's good to read this thread though and see how we're all doing. I've lost 5 stone 5 and am in a size 14. Can pretty much eat most foods, and am still losing but more slowly. I need to join a gym as I think it'll make a huge difference.

I seesaw from thinking I look great to obsessing about loose skin, especially on the tops of my arms. Realistically though I'm healthier than I've been for years, look better too, and am really happy with my bypass.

That's good to hear gym has been slide saver for me but I've not lost any weight for past 3 weeks but it's ok as am losing Inches think that's the gym though am currently a size 16 that's down from size 30 in 7 months so we're all doing amazing xx

Actually being able to buy from a normal shop is brilliant, though I still find myself reaching for a bigger size. Whatever size I am I always go for a size bigger. It's weird. I think I'm a firm 14 now in most places though I bought a pair of skinny size 14 jeans from Sainsbury's this week and although I got them on they almost cut me in two - but still I got them on! I might actually be able to wear them in a few weeks, fingers crossed. I just keep waiting for the stall to come as I know it's inevitable and that I've been incredibly lucky not to have had one yet. I just hope deal with it well. As to the gym, still haven't joined and am really berating myself, but doing nothing about it. What's wrong with me...sigh.

Back