• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

hi, I had my surgery 11/08/15 at Sunderland, am pleased to be part of the Aug 2015 family. I have managed to stay away from any scales so far, have decided to get weighed once a week only, How have the rest of you got on

I don't own scales and tbh I only have a very rough idea of my weight! I'm trying to avoid falling back into disordered habits of old and obsessing with numbers, so I won't be weighing any time soon.

How are you feeling now? I'm obviously only one day post op but worried the wind pain isn't ever going to leave already lol!

Peppermint tea is the answer to wind pain it really helped be the did give me gripe water aswell but that didn't taste as nice x

The best thing for the wind pain is walking Nicci and Donkey, even in the hospital only thing that worked for me.

Don't worry its not actually that sharp a pain its just very, very uncomfortable, but I am now 7 days post op and mine was gone in about 5, the worst was over in 3. So its all good

Good Luck

The best thing for the wind pain is walking Nicci and Donkey, even in the hospital only thing that worked for me. Don't worry its not actually that sharp a pain its just very, very uncomfortable, but I am now 7 days post op and mine was gone in about 5, the worst was over in 3. So its all good Good Luck

I now have soluble solpadeine, infacol and gripe water along with deflatine and fybogel and the full on attack has helped. I still can't burp but they have helped a lot, secondary to walking just at the moment.
For me it Is actually a very intense sharp pain as I have had it before and have nerve problems so its intensified, but there is a marked improvement after sleeping on my left and taking the wind Meds. Done a little bit of walking, surgeon said to do an hour a day starting from tomorrow which the solpadeine will help with.
Really good to hear your wind pain went so soon :)

Peppermint tea is the answer to wind pain it really helped be the did give me gripe water aswell but that didn't taste as nice x

I'm finding infacol and gripe water the best for me along with sleeping propped up on my left and doing leg exercises in bed. I'm not a tea drinker so I favour the non tea options lol x

I'm finding infacol and gripe water the best for me along with sleeping propped up on my left and doing leg exercises in bed. I'm not a tea drinker so I favour the non tea options lol x

Who was your surgeon donkeysaurusrex I had mr super I am able to burp a lot up & the walking around most def helps x

Hello, I had very little wind pain, everyone's different so I hope it's not too bad for you all x

Who was your surgeon donkeysaurusrex I had mr super I am able to burp a lot up & the walking around most def helps x

Mr super also. It's like it's just blocked off, my chest jolts as if I'm going to but I can't. The gripe water etc helps but walking not so much just yet. Things are getting better, would just be nice if the jolting of the chest stopped hurting so much soon! x

Hi everyone, great thread. So helpful to all be able to support each other. I'm having a sleeve on Friday!!
Can't wait to be on that losers bench x

Mr super also. It's like it's just blocked off, my chest jolts as if I'm going to but I can't. The gripe water etc helps but walking not so much just yet. Things are getting better, would just be nice if the jolting of the chest stopped hurting so much soon! x
my trapped wind was awful so painfull it lasted about 3-5 days peppermint tea , boiling water lemon , gripe water and infacol all help it will pass and lots of walking xxx 12post op min wind now xx

Fluffy clouds, remember to send surgeon to me the next day in a good mood! I'm getting excited, I'm ready to go ..... 3 days and at 1.30pm my new chapter begins. Good luck to everyone this week x

my trapped wind was awful so painfull it lasted about 3-5 days peppermint tea , boiling water lemon , gripe water and infacol all help it will pass and lots of walking xxx 12post op min wind now xx

It's worse than the surgery pain imo! I think I've got it figured out now, I take the solpadeine before bed along with all of the remedies and lie propped up on my left to help. Totm has appeared too which seems to have helped a little!

Glad you're feeling well :) xx

Dreading the wind pain x
For me the wind was uncomfortable but not painful and only on the day of surgery (in recovery room) and for a few hours after. I wriggled a lot which must have dislodged a great deal of the wind. They gave me peppermint water which helped also. Don't fear the worst not all suffer wind in the same way xx

Back