• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

For me the wind was uncomfortable but not painful and only on the day of surgery (in recovery room) and for a few hours after. I wriggled a lot which must have dislodged a great deal of the wind. They gave me peppermint water which helped also. Don't fear the worst not all suffer wind in the same way xx

If you don't mind me asking Hun, when did you have your surgery? Xx

Fluffy clouds, remember to send surgeon to me the next day in a good mood! I'm getting excited, I'm ready to go ..... 3 days and at 1.30pm my new chapter begins. Good luck to everyone this week x

Only 3 days! How are you feeling Hun? Xx

So just found out today that my operation has been postponed, I've got a tooth abscess and I'm on antibiotics so they want that to be cleared up before they go ahead.
I was supposed to have my op on Friday! I'm going to have to do the liver diet all over again, bugger.
I'm totally gutted, I had childcare sorted, husband arranged time off etc. going to be very complicated to sort it all again.
Anyway, Enough moaning, need to try and keep my eye on the prize.
Good luck all on the August thread I'll pop by and see how you are doing but it's looking like September for me.

If you don't mind me asking Hun, when did you have your surgery? Xx
Had my surgery on the 11th. 8 days post op. For me the hardest part so far is the liquid diet. I've also had 3 C Sections in the past and compared to those I found this surgery very bearable had no trouble walking and I left hospital just over a day later. I'm sore but not unbearably so.

Had my surgery on the 11th. 8 days post op. For me the hardest part so far is the liquid diet. I've also had 3 C Sections in the past and compared to those I found this surgery very bearable had no trouble walking and I left hospital just over a day later. I'm sore but not unbearably so.

The liquid diet after op or before hun? How is the post-op journey so far x

So just found out today that my operation has been postponed, I've got a tooth abscess and I'm on antibiotics so they want that to be cleared up before they go ahead. I was supposed to have my op on Friday! I'm going to have to do the liver diet all over again, bugger. I'm totally gutted, I had childcare sorted, husband arranged time off etc. going to be very complicated to sort it all again. Anyway, Enough moaning, need to try and keep my eye on the prize. Good luck all on the August thread I'll pop by and see how you are doing but it's looking like September for me.

Aww that's such a shame hun! Hope you get a new date soon and are not waiting very long & hope your abscess clears up quickly for you xx

The liquid diet after op or before hun? How is the post-op journey so far x
I did the 1000cal pre op so the liquid diet post op is no fun at all. Everything is new can't drink a glass of water as before now it's sip sip sip! You get very full on a few teaspoons as well and the head hunger and cravings are still there. Now I understand why a great deal of emphasis is put on getting you mentally in the right place to do WLS the battle field moves to the mental arena. Head Hunger becomes real. I'm just a few days post op. but I already feel like I've been through the wringer. Still the best decision I ever made and it helps that I'm already 5kg down \o/ yay!

I did the 1000cal pre op so the liquid diet post op is no fun at all. Everything is new can't drink a glass of water as before now it's sip sip sip! You get very full on a few teaspoons as well and the head hunger and cravings are still there. Now I understand why a great deal of emphasis is put on getting you mentally in the right place to do WLS the battle field moves to the mental arena. Head Hunger becomes real. I'm just a few day post op. but I already feel like I've been through the wringer. Still the best decision I ever made and it helps that I'm already 5kg down \o/ yay!

I've my pre-op on 11th September & I'm spending the time trying to get in the right frame of mind & research, research, research! 5kg down already that's amazing! Was it a sleeve you had Hun? X

I've my pre-op on 11th September & I'm spending the time trying to get in the right frame of mind & research, research, research! 5kg down already that's amazing! Was it a sleeve you had Hun? X
Good luck Hun! It is worth it. Yes I had the sleeve. I have PCOS really bad Hypertension so the surgeons felt the sleeve was the best way to go. I started at 113kg before my first app. Lost 6kg on pre op diet and I'm now down to 102kg so quite happy. My BP has stabilised to the point of me not needing meds to control it so that alone was worth it!

I'm 5 days post op now..... The wind pain is no fun, from the moment I woke up in recovery it was the worst pain ever for me. Even shouting at the nurses to give me more drugs ops!! Walking releases some but not all, I was giving peppermint oil which didn't really work for me. Never wanted to burp and fart so badly much in my life lol. Hope everyone's ops went well. X

I'm 5 days post op now..... The wind pain is no fun, from the moment I woke up in recovery it was the worst pain ever for me. Even shouting at the nurses to give me more drugs ops!! Walking releases some but not all, I was giving peppermint oil which didn't really work for me. Never wanted to burp and fart so badly much in my life lol. Hope everyone's ops went well. X
ah it will pass Hun honest it gets better I was like you am 12 days post op and have occasional wind x

Good luck Hun! It is worth it. Yes I had the sleeve. I have PCOS really bad Hypertension so the surgeons felt the sleeve was the best way to go. I started at 113kg before my first app. Lost 6kg on pre op diet and I'm now down to 102kg so quite happy. My BP has stabilised to the point of me not needing meds to control it so that alone was worth it!

Aww that's brilliant Hun, I can't wait for my pre-op to get my date x

Arh hope so Vain, iv never known pain like it, not even when I gave birth to my son lol. Every day gets a little easier so hopefully I'll be fine soon. :)

Arh hope so Vain, iv never known pain like it, not even when I gave birth to my son lol. Every day gets a little easier so hopefully I'll be fine soon. :)
it will trust me I thought it would never end but it did having problems with dumping on slimfast so gotta ring hospital tomorrow as its wiping me out x

So just found out today that my operation has been postponed, I've got a tooth abscess and I'm on antibiotics so they want that to be cleared up before they go ahead. I was supposed to have my op on Friday! I'm going to have to do the liver diet all over again, bugger. I'm totally gutted, I had childcare sorted, husband arranged time off etc. going to be very complicated to sort it all again. Anyway, Enough moaning, need to try and keep my eye on the prize. Good luck all on the August thread I'll pop by and see how you are doing but it's looking like September for me.

Ah I'm so sorry for you fluffy!!
Tooth problems are never fun though! Hope your teeth heal soon so you can get your sleeve soon ?

Back