• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Billie's Band Breakthrough !!!

Hi Billie. Good to know you are doing ok. I'm the same as you. I have had one appointment with Weight Loss Management team and a letter sent to my doctor saying I have agreed to stay on the course for 12 months and will then be put forward for surgery. I was hoping that it would be for just 6 months as I am diabetic and have BMI of 45.6 ...... But that is not meant to be!! I have to go to a meeting once a month and have been advised to lose 5 lbs ..... Best pull my socks up as I only 2 weeks left before the next meeting!!
good luck

Hi,
I have my 4th appointment with nutritionalist tomorrow...and have put ON 4 or 5lb since last meeting- disaster! So hope I don't get chucked off!! I just wish I had a crystal ball and knew whether I will be offered surgery or not! Although so far on tier 3 I haven't lost any weight! Xx

Hi, I have my 4th appointment with nutritionalist tomorrow...and have put ON 4 or 5lb since last meeting- disaster! So hope I don't get chucked off!! I just wish I had a crystal ball and knew whether I will be offered surgery or not! Although so far on tier 3 I haven't lost any weight! Xx

Oh dear!! I have got my 3rd appointment on Friday .... Out of the four weeks I have tried to behave for 2 of them ..... Hoping I might have managed to lose 2 pounds, but could be wrong'. It is so difficult .... And that's why we are on here!! Let us know Barbiegal how you get on x

Still waiting, Still on tier 3, Only a few weeks left,
Watch this space !

Good luck ladies ,I wish you all the best if are looking for inspiration post surgery read my diary, I was in disbelief before I had Surgery. I questioned will it really work for me , ?.. It has!, many other have been help to me on here from what I have read, I hope I can help too,x

Well ..... I started the 3 tier Jobbie in September. I go once a month...... Got a letter the day before my January appointment to say it was cancelled and I would get another appointment through the post. The letter came yesterday with another appointment for the end of March!! Pretty poor eh?? My last appointment was at the beginning of December ..... So out of six months I have only had 3 appointments. Feel a bit miffed .... It's as if I am unimportant and I don't need any help!! :-(

Keep going , and you will get a nice surprise at your March weigh in,
They might have staffing issues or sickness, give them a call if you want to get in sooner they might be able to help

Keep going , and you will get a nice surprise at your March weigh in, They might have staffing issues or sickness, give them a call if you want to get in sooner they might be able to help

Hi curls ..... I know I will get a big pat on my back at my next appointment .... Went back to Slimming World in the new year and have lost 16 pounds!! Whey Hey!!! My three tier is for 12 months.... So I thought I had best try something else come next September I really would be the size of a bus!! I have lost 2, 3, 4 stones so many times ..... And then back it goes on over time. The doctors do have records of this over the years ........ I was hoping that I wouldn't have to attend the three tier for 12 months as I have Diabetis and my BMI IS 44 ish .... But there was no negotiating!!! Guess I just have to bide my time!

Hello & Welcome to my Diary. *waves*

My story so far I guess.
Ok so I tried the whole NHS battle but it didn't go to plan so after a lot of ummm and ahhhhs & a lot of number crunching it's decided I shall go private. !!

I have been in touch with the hospital group speaking with a nice lady about surgery.
I have my consultation tomorrow (8.3.15)
I have already provisionally selected a surgery date which is 11-04-15.
Exactly 5 weeks today !

I could have had it sooner but I decided to wait until after March so my partner could book some annual leave to have a few days off with me.

I will be having it done at Dolan park near Birmingham.
I've looked into it and it looks like a lovely place.
I will find out lots more details tomorrow hopefully.
Once it's all 100% confirmed tomorrow I can start sorting things.

My dad will be driving me up so we will book a hotel for him for the night, also my partner will be coming so will need to book a second room.
The look of panic on my partners face before he realised I won't make him share with my dad hahaha !!

So this is where I am. ! Excited. Nervous. ?
I don't know. I really just want to be slim, healthy and happy.

I will probably talk lots here so I won't be offended if I bore anyone !

Have a fab Saturday everyone xxx

Good luck in your journey.
I had the same feelings...nervous and excited. For me it was exactly the right decision. Its still hard work but a great tool to losing weight.
:)

Great news! Very good luck with everything

Wonderful news :) It will change your life! Good luck, Dolan Park was fab, the band is the best decision I ever made, my biggest regret is that I didn't have it years ago (hard work mind, you need plenty of willpower, especially at the start) Any questions, just ask :) I found this forum a massive help And I hope you start a diary, I look forward to reading your story x x x

Hi.
When did you have your band and how have you done.
Dolan park looks lovely.
What time did you have to get there & what's it like ? Do they tell you when your going down etc.

Xxxx

Had my consultation with the hospital group today and it was a bit of a let down !!
Spent money going all the way up to London.
Got there at 4.30, filled out a booklet with lots of health questions went in with the surgeon he asked me some questions. I asked some about the hospital But he said he don't know as I haven't got a date. He then said go wait in reception.
The guy from reception came over and said I've been told to give you this and someone will call you tomorrow !!!
A bloody information leaflet. There's me sitting there with the money waiting to book my provisional date and I get a leaflet ??
Where was my patient care coordinator ??
Where was my info about Dolan park ??
Feeling a bit pissed off if I'm honest.
??

Really surprised, I went to Dolan Park for a consultation and they couldn't have done enough for me, esp the patient care coordinator! Maybe she was off for some reason? She's a really chatty lady so maybe ring her in the week?

Looking at the bariatric group. May have a consultation there and see if its better.
Feel let down :(

I originally picked hospital group, but cancelled my consultation and opted for healthier weight. I think they slightly dearer but I felt happy with all the feedback. I had my consultation last Saturday and in for my band this Tuesday. They have a surgeon who does single incision surgery, and they don't insist on the strict LSD liquid diet beforehand, they make you do a low cal/fat one. Good luck with your journey xx

Back