• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you come out the closet?

My immediate family (parents+brother), boyfriend and 3 friends (who would've asked me why I'll only drink and not eat) know. I'd like to see everyone else's reaction after not seeing me for a while :D

my little sister knows my boss at work and my best friend are the only people I have told. I will tell the rest of my family nearer to the op.its not that I think they will try and change my mind its more about not having to keep answering questions or people watching me over a length of time ,it takes pressure of me ,ive even lost 3 stone and no one has noticed! not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.!!

I don't have any family apart from my hubby and he doesn't have any, no I have not told anyone as I think for me it would bring negative comments, we made the decision between us to keep stum. each person will have different reasons and different support groups where some people will be supportive while others will never cope with the thought of wls for many reasons.

I've told everyone! Most people close to me know that I've struggled with my weight and yoyo dieting for years, everyone had supported me through the process and congratulated me on
My pre op weight loss, my friend who I work most closely with and my 2 daughters are now on the milk diet with me for support.

my sister and bro in law know (im sure shes told plenty of people) my partner knows of course and ive explained as much as she will understand to my daughter as with her medical history i dont want her thinking im going to hospital to die as shes lost many of her little friends in there
my 3 closest friends know, 2 have kept it to themselves, the other one not so much

and weird as some might find it i told the manager of a resturant where im a regular (about 3 times a week usually) as i needed to enquire about a couple of things for when im back doing lunch with my friends. since then a few of the staff have overheard us and have gotten in soup ready for me bless em

I am struggling with this as I don't know who should and shouldn't know. Currently my family, my boss and my closest friends know but I know that colleagues at work will start asking questions when I start the pre op diet on Monday. Our office always has sweet treats in and I am always the first to jump up and grab one so when they realise I'm not eating I am not sure what to tell them?!

I told my office staff I was having my gall bladder removed. You could say it's the preop in preparation for it?!!?

Or New Years resolution to lose weight and this is your kick start diet ?!
Good luck and don't be pressured to tell anything you're not comfortable with sharing. Particularly with office staff.... They all talk!

I told my office staff I was having my gall bladder removed. You could say it's the preop in preparation for it?!!? Or New Years resolution to lose weight and this is your kick start diet ?! Good luck and don't be pressured to tell anything you're not comfortable with sharing. Particularly with office staff.... They all talk!

Ahh. I have already had that removed so although a really good idea it won't work for me :-(

I think I will just say new year diet. I think they will all notice. People know I'm having surgery just don't know what sort. X

Ahh. I have already had that removed so although a really good idea it won't work for me :-( I think I will just say new year diet. I think they will all notice. People know I'm having surgery just don't know what sort. X

Is it possible to have two gall bladders ?!!!! Lol
Kidney stones?
Rumbling appendix?
In growing toenail !!!!!

I'd just keep them guessing whilst you succeed with your fantastic new diet :)

Or you could say, and you are thinking of a sponsored slim and would be sorting out sponsor forms later on, nothing like the thought of putting their hands in their pockets to keep folks gobs shut :D

There is!

there is on my computer but not on my phones app

Back