• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Well done Kaps! When is your surgery date?

Hiya. U normally hear from Dolan park 24/48hrs before your op. Good luck. I had mine down with them, they were fab x
Thanks. I'm sick of answering my mobile thinking it's them. Just been PPI etc calling so far. On night shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday and know I will get no sleep until they call :break_diet: x

I was paeanoyed they would forget about me and not ring, but they do, I promise. URL prob be told to be there by 7am. And nbm from midnight. I had Mr hewins, but they r all lovely. Just be warned the cockerals r really loud lol x

Ya Lynn... Looking forward to it. Do u have sleep apnea? Does anyone know of cases of sleep apnea and general anesthesia risks??

Still waiting for my phone call :confused:. I don't know if its just me but has anyone else totally lost their appetite so close to surgery? I'm concerned now my bmi will get too low and they wont let me have surgery :cry:. Got my earplugs for the cockerels at Dolan Park x

Hey westiedog... Similar loss of appetite... Second day of liquid diet and not feeling hunger pangs or getting food cravings

Kaps

Pleased its not just me x

Hi all!

Kaps no not got sleep apnea!feel like on home stretch now gotta real excitement for life! Also found someone who is going into same hospital for surgery same day by same surgeon so have someone to walk the hospital with!

Wow that's great Lynn... At least you have someone to compare notes with and chat with in the hospital... I am going for the Pre Anesthetic check up today... Checking in to the hospital on 9th evening.

Hey all... My pre anesthetic check up is over and I have been cleared for the surgery on 12th. Really excited

Third day of liquid diet. All ok.. It's manageable... You just have to pee a lot...

Brilliant news Kaps, I'm now 5 days post op! Doing ok, had a few issues with pain, but all seems to be getting easier now xx

Thanks Moo. I met a couple of people recently post op. Mother - daughter actually.. Daughter 3 weeks out and 15 kgs down (sleeve) and Mother two days out and feeling good already (gastric bypass ). Was really encouraged.. I believe the pain subsides and you start to feel good as you lose. It was really encouraging to meet them...

Official letter for admission on 19/2 has arrived. Milk and yogurt diet starts Monday - all in the fridge ready! Will be cooking veg tomorrow so it doesn't get wasted, pureeing and freezing it in ice cube trays!
It's my birthday tomorrow so we are going to have a nice takeaway as a birthday treat - and my last supper!
It's feeling real now!

Back