• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Great to here you are post op and doing well moo. This is my last supper day today, nephews birthday out for lunch. Start my low carb pre op tomorrow. Happy Birthday ? Cherub

Hey congrats cherub... Lynn and I will be sharing our experiences by the time you go for your op... Wish you a very happy birthday too. Have a great time and look forward to a slimmer you.

It's close

Got the call yesterday from THG. I have to be at Dolan Park for 7am ish on Tuesday morning. Cannot eat from midnight Monday but can have sips of water until 5am Tuesday. My driver is picking me up at 3am Tuesday for the journey to the hospital. It's all exciting stuff. Iam nervous but it's a new start for me. My new treadmill arrives tomorrow so looking forward to walking on that once I feel better.

I have had knee replacement surgery in the past so that really restricts my exercise but Ian hoping the knee pain will get better with less weight to carry.

Good luck to everyone else and I will keep you posted with my progress x :wave_cry:

Hi all, I'm hoping for my sleeve op on 17th March, at Walsall manor. This Friday I have a appointment to see Mr youseff ( the man who knocks u out with vodka for your op ) Hope you all keep good & well Keep smiling x
how are you getting on SJTMay- is the op all confirmed now? I've been consented by Dr Mirza and Mr Kendrick - after that stage did it take long before you got your date?

Good luck with ur pre op diet. Its hard but I promise it's worth it. Have u got a diet sheet u have to follow? I ate little but often on mine so not to get too hungry. The end result makes all the effort worth while x

Good luck with ur pre op diet. Its hard but I promise it's worth it. Have u got a diet sheet u have to follow? I ate little but often on mine so not to get too hungry. The end result makes all the effort worth while x

Yes Jib, I have a diet sheet not too different from my normal diet. I have lost 4.5 stones since September.

It consists of weetabix for breakfast, home made soup with added protein for lunch, healthy evening meal of chicken fish etc. snacks of home made yoghurt, piece of fruit and unlimited s/f jelly

/my op on Monday. Lost 19 lbs on pre op diet, it feels great! Had a wobble about the surgery when went in for pre op bloods but I keep remembering it's the keeping it off that's my main goal. Top eating tips from my step son, George foreman grill, cooks food so quickly. He made me a burger the other day that was simply Turkey mince with seasoning squished between two bits of foil and in grill for 3 mins, amazing! Also told me a neat trick for dealing with sweet tooth, sugar free jelly of your choice, blitzed with nil fat cottage cheese. Leave to set - bariatric cheesecake!

Well that's my band done. Don't know why I was worrying, I am in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad and haven't needed any pain killers since surgery. Staff are brilliant at Dolan Park. My room is clean and pretty basic but what I expected. View not too good - two rat poison boxes and an aircon unit, but it doesn't matter I'm not here for the view. Driver who picked me up was lovely x

Well that's my band done. Don't know why I was worrying, I am in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad and haven't needed any pain killers since surgery. Staff are brilliant at Dolan Park. My room is clean and pretty basic but what I expected. View not too good - two rat poison boxes and an aircon unit, but it doesn't matter I'm not here for the view. Driver who picked me up was lovely x
Just got woke up by nurse for blood pressure check and I asked for some pain relief as feeling a bit tender on my left side. Have been given co- codamol in water (just waiting for bubbles to disperse). Pain about a four out of ten. Breakfast is at 6am I think it will be yogurt x

Well done Westiedog, glad it's gone well. Try not to do too much, sometimes having little pain is deceiving! Plus anaesthetic will ware off! Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Not long now lynnepoth. Hope all goes well! Good luck. Mine is next thurs 19th. Let me know how it goes xx

End of second day pre op milk n yogurt day.........six pounds lost already! Feeling hungry though

Just got woke up by nurse for blood pressure check and I asked for some pain relief as feeling a bit tender on my left side. Have been given co- codamol in water (just waiting for bubbles to disperse). Pain about a four out of ten. Breakfast is at 6am I think it will be yogurt x
Well woke up with a bit of blood coming from my port site wound (all wounds glued) nurse put a big plaster over it and said it was quite normal. Can't wait to get home. If you are going to Dolan Park bring earplugs if you want to sleep. No cockerel noise for me but think the aircon/rat trap view from my room means I'm next to the kitchen area (loud bangs start about 4am). Nurses are fantastic though and can't do enough for you x :0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Back