• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

tray

got first appointment date

well this friday i will find out what having weight loss surgery intails. as it is my first appointment. the first of many i guess but slow and steady wins the race. its taken me a life time of unhealth eating to get like this . so if it takes a few years to lose it , it will be worth it to not feel pain any more due to being over weight :)

welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey x

how many have had surgery at luton and dunstable

i will be having my surgery at luton and dunstable hospital, i would love to know if anyone had there surgery there and what is the hospital like , also does everyone have to do the milk diet if they go to this hospital ?????:)

Hi,
I was offered Luton or Birmingham and chose Birmingham!
Not much help to you really but didn't wanna read and run!!

Good luck and don't forget to come back and tell us how you got on x

Hi i would be interested in the answer as well, as i am also under the Luton & Dunstable.

Hi, i'm under l&d, but i don't have my op till jan. Yes you do have to do the milk diet,(twice) once for 4 weeks then again for two weeks just before your op, but don't worry about this as nearly all hospitals have to do it (and its not as bad as it sounds).
L&d won hospital of exelence this year.
They offer all the op's exept the switch.
It's easy to find aswell if your going down the m1.
Sue.

i will let you all know how i got on, i am so glad i have found this site. for the past few months i have been trying to find a site in the uk to chat about things related to wls. there are lots of american sites but not many uk ones. so this site is going to be my support group from now on ....

Well done tray, it's a big thing to do, to get help, but it's so worth it in the end!

Hi

Hi Tray,
I'm in Basildon Essex which isn't a million miles from you.... I have just had a Gastric Bypass @ the Hommerton in London.....
Would love to hear from you.
Dawn x

Hi guys im having my op at the L&D on 17th december:) Will let you know how things go when i come out:) I also did the milk diet twice but both times for 2 weeks.

Sharon

hi dawn thanks for getting back to me, when did u have the bypass? i have my first drs appointment on this friday at luton, i wish it was to get my op date ... but all good things come to those who wait ..lol So how are you getting on with your bypass now ?
tracey xx

hope all goes well with ur op hun , it will be good to hear about how you got on. also how the heck did u stick to the milk diet. im dreading it . if i could stick to a diet i wouldnt need wls ..lol i better explain i have forgotten i was on my husband username ...lol
tray xxx

Back