• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

i feel like crying

i was meant to go to luton for my first appointment today . but because of the snow i cant . i did try and go but the A12 was so bad i had to turn back . now i feel like crying, it will most prob be months before i get another appointment.... i hate the bloody snow. this country comes to a stand still when ever we get snow, well i guess it willbe 2011 before i get surgery now :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Have you phoned them? I'm sure they will understand and try and fit you in as soon as they can. I hope it all works out for you x

i did phone them and they said they will send out another appointment . this appointment today was a cancelation, my originalappointment was feb but that one has gone now so dont know when i will have one.

Can u try and ring up the appointment line a few time each day and try and get a cancellation x

dont worry hun my FIRST appointment was in feb this year and my op was in nov - ask to be put back on the cancelation list.. it will still be in 2010! xx

good news, the hospital just phoned me, they have an appointment on tuesday next week, so hopefully i will be able to get there this time, need to keep my fingers crossed .....

Brilliant you have managed to get an appt for next week Tracey. I went yesterday and as soon as funding is in place the surgery will be within 6 months. Have you got your funding sorted? Good luck on Tuesday, the dr I saw was very nice and understanding.

good news, the hospital just phoned me, they have an appointment on tuesday next week, so hopefully i will be able to get there this time, need to keep my fingers crossed .....

Can you drive up the night before if the weather's ok and book into a b & b close by? At least then if it snows you can walk to the clinic? Just a thought..... x

At least all is not lost and you've managed to get another appointment. I think either staying over the night before or even setting off at a really early time in the morning with a view to finding somewhere nearby to pass some time maybe would be best.

Good luck and hope it all goes well :)

Mel

keep positive

Hi, you have to keep strong and positive. It may help to pester the surgery co-ordinator to get you another appointment; it worked for me. My hospital lost my notes, I kept on at them and now have surgery date for my sleeve gastrectomy; 26th January at the Homerton in London.

was just going to say get yourself up there the day before have it a a last minute shopping trip too or a romantic night away whatever you fancy really but I wish you good luck and all the news you want to hear. 2010 your year x

Back